SO HOW MANY OF US GAIN WEIGHT OVER CHRISTMAS?

Options
i WAS DOING SO GOOD FOR THE PAST MONTH AND IN ONE WEEK I GAIN IT ALL BACK!
the only thing good that happen with my weight challenge is I got use to doing exercise everyday for a month.
I work in an office setting and when I'm done with work I just want to be left alone and I have dinner and sit by the TV but this past month was different. Ok I just needed to vent, I don't normally talk to no one about my diet except one of my daughters so sometimes I get in here and vent :blushing:
lets see how long it will take me to lose this weight again.
Wondering if anyone gain over the Christmas holiday? and if so how much, and if not how did you do it?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I didnt gain any weight for three weeks, but maintained during that time. Im very happy because maintaining is a great way to show how well you can still stick with reasonable eating and stay within your counts.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds. No fun since I only have 10 to lose but seems the closer you get to the finish line the longer/harder it gets! I hope I will lose the weight gained by next monday.
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I gained 2-4, and I hope it doesn't take as long to get that off as it did the first time. Sometimes that happens so maybe it's partially water weight. New day! Good luck to you!
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    [quo
    I didnt gain any weight for three weeks, but maintained during that time. Im very happy because maintaining is a great way to show how well you can still stick with reasonable eating and stay within your counts.

[/quote] you must have some will power :smile: I saw all those cookies and cakes and all kinds of chocolate and my down fall :grumble: I will start my new day today and at least maintained till next year :wink:
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Me! I did! Like you, I lost about 10 lbs leading up to Christmas. Now, I am not sure what the real damage is. I need to get past the water weight and regulate my body again. I am guessing 2 or 3 lbs though. Sigh!
  • zee1957
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds. No fun since I only have 10 to lose but seems the closer you get to the finish line the longer/harder it gets! I hope I will lose the weight gained by next monday.
    I'm going to try to lose the 5 I gain, I know it's so easy to gain for me, now I have to try harder to lose it :smile:
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb - really shocked and pleased that it wasn't more at the rate I was eating.
  • qtcaro
    qtcaro Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you all log your weight gain or wait til it comes off and then log when you go down a pound.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options

^^ This. I maintained, which I'm actually pretty proud of. I'm also shocked that I maintained THIS week because I really wasn't paying that much attention to what I was eating.
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I usually gain between 5-8lbs between Halloween and New Years but on the 2nd of January I usually put myself back into serious exercise (7 days a week) and diet for at least 2-3 months until it's gone and more. I'm good for the 1st six months of the year; after that, I slowly gain some back. Lately it's been steady but I've been exercising at least 5 days a week.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Do you all log your weight gain or wait til it comes off and then log when you go down a pound.

Raises hand and hangs head...yup...I am up...and yup, I logged it this AM. Sonofa........
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    I only gained three kilograms. Does that count? :)
  • zee1957
    Options
    I gained 1 lb - really shocked and pleased that it wasn't more at the rate I was eating.
    Oh that is awesome one pound can put you back on track in no time. good job!!!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My goal was to maintain through the holidays, so I was disappointed to step on the scale this morning and be up 6 pounds. The holidays are ALWAYS hard.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I usually gain between 5-8lbs between Halloween and New Years but on the 2nd of January I usually put myself back into serious exercise (7 days a week) and diet for at least 2-3 months until it's gone and more. I'm good for the 1st six months of the year; after that, I slowly gain some back. Lately it's been steady but I've been exercising at least 5 days a week.

This is my pattern also. Wish I could bust it.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to lose the 5 I gain, I know it's so easy to gain for me, now I have to try harder to lose it :smile:

If it's any consolation, the chance that you ACTUALLY gained back 5 pounds of fat in one week is really slim to none. You would have had to eat over 17,000 extra calories over and above your daily requirement.

Give it a couple of days to get rid of the water and sodium and take another look.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I gained a whole lb,:laugh: but I am not at all worried, back on track...enjoyed all the food.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

you must have some will power :smile: I saw all those cookies and cakes and all kinds of chocolate and my down fall :grumble: I will start my new day today and at least maintained till next year :wink:
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    No, its not will power...I dont believe in that at all..I believe its either you do, or you dont. You choose to have that, or you choose not to have that.

Most foods I cannot eat as it is where Ive got a cornucopia of medical problems going on... That is a requirement that I have no choice over - definitely need to be compliant.

I only had two events that I went to where there was no way I could know what was being served... so I went for the vegetables, cheeses, lean meats, they even had a salad which made me very happy as I love my rabbit-food! I know it was not balanced out, but the foods I chose to have, were all well within what Im able to have and still stay under my doctor's recommendations.

There was one event where I was sick for three days following a massive blood draw (they took one PINT), and I was not in the mood to eat a full meal... I just took in what I could take in, and I already had healthy foods at home, fresh made soups stocks were ready as well....
  • zee1957
    Options
    I usually log only when i lose :smile: but today i log in my weight and started at 0:grumble:
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds this month. :huh: Didn't go overboard on the goodies and kept up my exercise.