SO HOW MANY OF US GAIN WEIGHT OVER CHRISTMAS?

Options

Replies

• shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb - really shocked and pleased that it wasn't more at the rate I was eating.
    Oh that is awesome one pound can put you back on track in no time. good job!!!

Thanks! I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time and i'm sure most of your gain is probably water weight :)
  • jerzydevil007
    jerzydevil007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i dont even want to be near a scale!!!!!!! lol
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i havent weighted yet but im pretty sure i prob put on at least 2 pounds. i put on 2 pounds over thanksgiving and in the week after i lost four. so i hope if comes off that easy this go around as well. i think alot of it was water retention. good luck to everyone.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I gained a whole lb,:laugh: but I am not at all worried, back on track...enjoyed all the food.
    wow, you guys that lose only one pound must have will power over chocolate:smile:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    i WAS DOING SO GOOD FOR THE PAST MONTH AND IN ONE WEEK I GAIN IT ALL BACK!
    the only thing good that happen with my weight challenge is I got use to doing exercise everyday for a month.
    I work in an office setting and when I'm done with work I just want to be left alone and I have dinner and sit by the TV but this past month was different. Ok I just needed to vent, I don't normally talk to no one about my diet except one of my daughters so sometimes I get in here and vent :blushing:
    lets see how long it will take me to lose this weight again.
    Wondering if anyone gain over the Christmas holiday? and if so how much, and if not how did you do it?

I think we all either gain some or maintained. During this time it hard not to indulge on delicious food when we are with family and friends. Also I apologize if I overstep my boundaries buyout said you do not speak about your diet or anything to anyone but your daughters. MFP has been very helpful and thru community is amazing. I woukdnt suggest acquiring some new friends and being being open and receive some great input
  • zee1957
    Options
    i dont even want to be near a scale!!!!!!! lol
    funny :laugh:
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many I gained, but I know I haven't worked out in a couple of days and I've been eating total garbage! I'm back on track in a bout 5 hours. As soon as I get back to town I am back on track and have no reason to screw it up. I have no big plans for the new year and I wan to feel good again. I'm not happy about my eating and working out habits the past couple of days, but I can say it's an eyeopening wakeup call. My body feels like crap, my legs are stiff, my stomach feels aweful (not even just looks wise, inside my stomach is pissed off). So even though this was a fail on the weight loss scale, it's really showing me what damage can be by simply not eating accordingly. A few bad things occasionally are 100% acceptable....3 days of eating crap and sitting around....is not! Merry Christmas to me....eyes are now fully opened!
  • zee1957
    Options
    i WAS DOING SO GOOD FOR THE PAST MONTH AND IN ONE WEEK I GAIN IT ALL BACK!
    the only thing good that happen with my weight challenge is I got use to doing exercise everyday for a month.
    I work in an office setting and when I'm done with work I just want to be left alone and I have dinner and sit by the TV but this past month was different. Ok I just needed to vent, I don't normally talk to no one about my diet except one of my daughters so sometimes I get in here and vent :blushing:
    lets see how long it will take me to lose this weight again.
    Wondering if anyone gain over the Christmas holiday? and if so how much, and if not how did you do it?

I think we all either gain some or maintained. During this time it hard not to indulge on delicious food when we are with family and friends. Also I apologize if I overstep my boundaries buyout said you do not speak about your diet or anything to anyone but your daughters. MFP has been very helpful and thru community is amazing. I woukdnt suggest acquiring some new friends and being being open and receive some great input
    yes i really don't like talking cause of afraid of putting myself up there and then fail and having to explained, but my New Year resolution will be just that, get on here more often and make friends, this seems to be a good place to talk about the experience and journey though this weight lost
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted yesterday and I had a tummy ache! It was fun and I have no regrets. However, instead of turning one day into weeks or months I am logging in today to track everything. Back on track and moving forward full speed! :) P.S. I won't be getting on the scale until Friday!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    As every Monday weigh-in, today I've lost 2.5lbs..............I kept up my exercise. I ate about 98% healthy foods. I ate 1 tamale and ate 3 chocolate drip oatmeal cookies......:smokin: :smokin: :drinker: :glasses:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am not going to step on the scale until Friday. I just don't want to see the damage done from yesterday. Christmas was the only day I went over, but I went OVER. I did not calculate how much I ate, but I am sure it was well over 3500 calories! So I am going to stay well under my calories for the next few days and then go back to normal. That's my plan anyway....it is the week during the month that I can't stop stuffing my face so I really hope I can be good!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Christmas was yesterday... isn't it a little soon to be talking about how much weight you gained? Wait and see how much of it is actual fat and how much is water.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself and I'll probably wait a few days until I do. I don't even want to know the damage. LOL
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm going to let it all clear my system and weigh in on New Years Eve, but I'm probably 10 pounds over my low - Thanksgiving blurred into Xmas, and I tore it up.

It being chocolate and every other craving I had.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I ate like a pig and actually lost .2 since yesterday! But I did exercise yesterday morning and played a little flag football too!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    No gain, no loss. How? I ate under my daily calorie goal and exercised. :))
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I gained about 5 lbs., but will be more conscious of what I eat the rest of the week. It is so hard during the holidays. My friends took me out for lunch twice and then Christmas dinner at my parents' house.
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I faced the great equalizer this morning and am up 6.5# from last Monday. I'm not worried about it, since it should be pretty much all gone by next Monday. The last of my stocking treats are in the freezer and I'm kicking myself back on track with a couple of low ish carb days that'll get rid of the (mostly water) poundage quickly. I DID indulge, but I know that at most I've gained back 2# of actual fat, and probably less. Sugar makes me hold water like crazy.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Relax people, the majority of your gain is probably water weight! :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Relax people, the majority of your gain is probably water weight! :smile:
    THIS.

Realize that a 5 pound gain in a day would be consumption of 17,500 fat calories. Even the zealous don't do that in a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition