Senior Golden Sneakers Club For May

Options

Replies

• elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hope everyone had/is having a great mother's day/sunday!

Gayla - i WISH my son were home!!!! Not 'till Aug. But i did spend the day with his wife which was really nice. AND he got online so we both got to talk to him. A drink would have been wonderful:drinker: but i was driving, so no way:noway:

Sandy - i KNEW you were going to lose weight running around with those boys! Hope you enjoyed your mother's day dinner out. I know i did!!!!!! I didn't even count my calories today and i'm not even feeling guilty. Tomorrow's another day. I love the picture of you with the boys!

Well, i'm pretty well done in - i better get ready for the week and get to bed!!!!!!!!

talk to you all tomorrow!:heart: elli
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi just to report my day. Alice came by and we went out for lunch At Texas Roadhouse. I had a steak, salad/blue cheese dressing and grilled veggie No Hot rolls. Alice gave me An HRM , now if ican remember to wear it and how it works. Will try it out in the morning. Kathy My other daughter gave me two real pretty T-shirts. My son from St. Louis sent me a fresh arrangements of Pink and white flowers.

Jerry took me out to eat Friday nite and had a beautiful mother day card for me this morning.

so all in all I had a wonderful day, Hope you all did too.

Marie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I am going to lay more retaining wall again today. I hope to be done by tomorrow. The job search is progressing pretty well. Sam is home and that is fun! Amanda has about 2 weeks of school (teaching) left to go and then she is done for the summer.

Ellen- The small plate is a good idea. I have a lot of luck eating an apple about 30 minutes before a meal. It really curbs the appetite and is great for fiber, and mostly water!

Everyone else- have a wonderful Monday and be well!

Here is my goal for the week! Laugh more!

Jeffrey
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone. A new beginning.

Yesterday went well. Enjoyed the day thoroughly, glorious weather, the hills covered with bright yellow sunflowers, the blue, blue lake and seemingly endless variety of fresh green colors.

And the final calorie count under quota even with all the good food. The cake LOOKED lovely, and I ONLY looked, wasn't even tempted to eat it. Just enjoyed the family, the little kids, the walks by the lake, phone calls, emails, presents, even a hanging basket full of bright impatiens from my niece for Mother's day which is showing itself off at our front door already.

Thanks, Jeffrey The small plate did help. And I often do enjoy an apple late afternoon when the hungrys hit before dinner. It does help. All the best with the retaining wall and job hunt. Sounds like hard work on both counts.

Marie, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend too. How's the locarb going?

Ellen
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

Ellen, you were so good with you calories on Mother's Day, we are proud. Your description of the hills and flowers sounds like total tranquility. :flowerforyou:

Me, on the other hand did not count calories and ate everything in sight at the brunch. The good thing is that being used to eating healthier foods I ate small portions. I did eat a piece of cheesecake with whipped cream and it was worth it. :blushing: We also had to go to my step sons for dinner where I ate again and wasn't even hungry. I knew their feelings would be hurt if I didn't eat so I ate a little.
    I did go over my calores, but plan to work out extra hard today. :laugh: By right I should put back a pound on my weight loss but I will wait until tomorrow to see if it changes. I knew by eating all that food yesterday it would show a gain, but for what I ate a pound isn't horrible. :tongue:

Jeff, you are working so hard and you are so postitive, that is wonderful. :love:

Marie, your day sounds like it was great, you deserve it, as we all do. :bigsmile:

Have a great day, think wonderful thoughts.

Sandy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi Everybody, We’re back in the land of wifi. Now we’re in Garberville, CA in the heart of the redwoods. When we lived in California we drove past this golf course/RV park hundreds of times and Jake would point to the golf course and say, “I’d love to play that course”. Finally he got the chance. I rode with him in the cart for 9 holes and got to enjoy what a beautiful site this is for playing golf.

We had a good time in Vacaville. We went there for an event that allowed us to see a lot of people we don’t get to see often. We had last seen many of them in November and they were startled by how much weight we had both lost.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We’ve stuck strictly to our eating plan (including skipping the catered lunch and coming back to the rig to eat our planned meal and walk the dogs). Exercise hasn’t been as easy. I’ve had to go out and walk around the RV park at night just to walk the 10,000 steps a day I set as my goal. We still haven’t tried doing the yoga DVD in the rig, but maybe today we’ll do it.

Today is my weigh in day and I lost two more pounds. YIPPEE !!:heart::heart:
    When we got here yesterday I got a chance to read what everybody wrote but I’ll never be able to comment on everything.

:flowerforyou: Marie---congrats on your weight loss. Your new diet is working. Best wishes on your surgery and a speedy recovery from it so you can be pedaling all over town.

:flowerforyou: Sandy---I’m glad your survived your grandchild visit
    and with a weight loss to go with it.

:flowerforyou: Ellen----remember that the longest journey starts with a single step. For people like us who have seen the scale go up every week, having it go down at all and being willing to continue with the healthy eating and exercising is a huge step forward. Just keep doing this one day at a time.

:flowerforyou: Biggramma
    giving away the food you’re not going to eat any more is a great idea. A hungry family will have a better day because of you

:flowerforyou: Gayla----you are so right about getting right back on the bus. You can do this

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey---you are getting so good at this not going to a job that when the right job comes along you’ll almost be sorry you have to go back to work. That job is out there getting ready for you. Right now, you are inspiring me with your great workouts.

:flowerforyou: Elli--- you amaze me with how you juggle the absence of your son, the weather, your house remodeling, working out, and being a support to all of us.

In honor of Mothers’ Day, Jake has been washing the dishes (in the motorhome that is a really big deal). The animals treat me the same as usual and my step children did nothing). For me every day is my holiday. Jake called his 93 year old mother in Ohio and talked to her for an hour.

We're headed out now to do laundry then off to play tourist.

Big hugs to all :love: :love: :love:
    Barbie
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks, Barbie, for your words of encouragement, I needed that.
    Glad you are both enjoying your trip, plus doing so well with the w loss and exercise.

Sandy - nice picture. I'm sure with the extra ex all will be well.

I think we are heading out later this week for CA to see the kids and GRANDkids, but not with the RV, too quick a trip for that. I don't think I'll try to keep track of food as I usually lose travelling somehow. But will do wi before we leave.

Ellen
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Catching up on laundry and errands. Did manage to do 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes of arobics for an extra 260 calories. :happy: Always feel better when I get to exercise.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great and right on track. :wink:

Will check in later, have some bills to pay and some TV to catch up.

Sandy
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Well we're in Benbow, CA, you knew that already because my bride told you, (I really am smart nothing gets passed this trained nose for detection). Today was cooler than yesterday so we took a couple of walks and drove through the bustling town of Garberville. tomorrow we'll drive up to Eureka where we'll spend the next two weeks with kids, grand kids and friends. I'm glad we had this day for ourselves and the critters. Maybe the next time we come down we'll add a day or to here and make it an even longer break.

For those other golfers out there, this is an interesting course. They raised the prices somewhat and haven't kept the maintenance up to the level you would expect., but the course has a nice layout. It was built in 1927 and so the main idea wasn't one that centered on the long ball hitters that are around today. The fairways are tight with a lot of blind landing areas, greens are small and from what I found yesterday can be challenging if they're mowed properly. Some very panoramic views and wind is definitely a factor in the PM. All in all I hope to play it again some day, but will be better prepared with less expensive balls than I normally use. I lost six balls four in the very overgrown rough and one in a blind landing area that didn't match the mental picture the tee box suggested. Some of the holes reminded me of the rural roads on western Pennsylvania where just after the top of the hill the roadway would take a jarring turn in another direction than the you would expect.

Anyhow Barb went with me and that made the whole day more enjoyable, she's a trooper since she doesn't play and and only has a passing interest for the game; probably because of me and my obsession with it.

Well, time for a little reading and small snack of wheat toast and hummus. I've got a few hundred calories to go today even have enough for my bedtime Isagenix slim cake along with the hummus and bread. Life is really good. I changed my goal to 145 lbs because the tire I had didn't disappear and even though it's more like a flat tire at this time I sincerely want it gone. I've been doing some very light weight training to try and tone and shore up the muscles I have. I need to be careful because of my heart, but with weight loss I need some more strength I was relying on bulling my way around a golf course and with my stature once I got started I could generate some serious speed on the turn.

Be safe all and remember the water and laughter.

jake:drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi you all,

see everybody is doing great. We been busy replacing my computor desh. seems like one thing lead to another.

I am enjoying my low carbs eating. Did miss my strawberries last week tho. I did break down and had some. Today for Breakfast I had 1 scramble egg, 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/3 c Strawberries
    For lunch it was Chicken pizza. brussell sprouts, and asparagus
    For supper it was grilled pork loin, roasted red peppers and onion, Slice tomatoes, ice tea
    For snack it will be 1/2 apple , 1 t peanut butter\
    still no bread, potaoes or any simple carbs

:heart: Ellen you are going on a trip. How nice have fun. Will you be able to post.?

:heart: Barbie- It sounds like you are having a ball. take care.

:heart: Gayla--- You get back on that bus.

:heart: Phoebe--you get home.

:heart: Beth---take it easy over there.

:heart: Jeffrey-- I know you are happy to have sam home. How long will she be there?

:heart: Big G---I should have done what you did with your pantry. But I didn't

:heart: Sandy, Love your new picture. What a glamor puss.

:heart: Elli---How that house coming along?

Have a good night
    Marie

"How does one become a butterfly?" she pensively asked.

"You must want to fly so much that you're willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Yes, bless all of us
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just a few minutes before Dancing comes on TV. My bus ride is still a bit bumpy today but tomorrow will be the day it drives that straight and narrow road.
    It really felt like summer today. Neil is out riding his bike in his shorts and so very happy about it. His toe still looks a bit worse for wear. It doesn't really show infection but it is losing tissue if that makes any sense without seeing it. After I look at it tonight I will decide if he needs to see the doc tomorrow. I think it is more for my peace of mind than anything.
    Glad you all had wonderful Mother's days. We deserve it 'cause we are pretty wonderful!! :wink:

Elli -- You have been in my thoughts today. I hope all is well.

Thinking about you all. Thanks for helping me back on the bus. Gayla :smile:
  • elli
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

Wow - Barbie you lost another 2 pounds! you are doing so great!!!!!!!! Sounds like your trip is wonderful. Jake - good job doing those dishes for your beautiful bride!

Sandy - i love your new picture, you look so pretty! I haven't put my pound gained on my ticker either - i'm HOPING i will lose it. I stayed under my calories today but i'm feeling really "fat"! i don't really know why - i worked out and walked the dogs, picked asparagus and scraped wood!!!!!

Ellen - i love your description of the greens and blues - sounds kind of like paradise where you live!

Marie - you're doing such a good job sticking to your diet! I wouldn't like no bread or cereal.......i don't think i could do that! Probably 3 nights a week i eat cereal, yogurt, fruit and nuts for supper.

Jeffrey - you're doing such a good job keeping positive and staying on track!

Tomorrow is the insulation inspection on my house - i'll be relieved when that's done. Then there's a little more framing and THEN we can move on to drywall! I'm getting excited about picking colors for the whole house! I LOVE color so i think the whole house will be a shade of brown but most rooms will have accent walls. I'm a little nervous, but a design student is helping me for FREE! How cool is THAT?!?!? I'm so blessed with the people helping!

I'm starting to freak out a bit about my weeds. My 4 legged weed eater, who has been doing such a good job for 21 years is gone:cry: . I'm all about organics, but i'm afraid i may have to have someone come spray - at least in some corrals and stuff. If i try and do it all with the little tractor i'll never be able to get off of it all summer i'm afraid:laugh: Oh i miss that horse.

Well friends - i'm tired.......i think it must be time for me and little Hercky to hit the sack! Have a great night all!:heart: elli
  • Sandydur
    Options
    You, my friends are so kind. My new picture is from Minnesota and I thought it was a nice picture so I decided to use it for my post. :tongue: How vain am I???

Jake, I know nothing about golf, but you are so excited about that course I am happy for you. You, the honeymooners are such a great match for each other. Always supporting each other and spending time together, I love it. :heart:

Elli, your house is moving right along, before you know it you will be moving in. Why don't you see if you can find an goat on Craigs list to eat the weeds in your fields? :glasses: I like that we are close in our goal for weight loss, it makes it interesting to watch each others progress. :laugh:

Gayla, I also watch Dancing with the Stars but had to catch up from last week before watching this week. I just couldn't believe they voted off Lil Kim last week, instead of Gil. Guess he is more popular than she is. :happy: Hope Neils foot is better and it heals.

Marie, your meals sound delicious and you do so well with your new diet. I bet you feel good and will be ready for your surgery this week. :bigsmile: If you want us to go to the hospital with you, let us know and we will be there. :heart:

Time for bed, will chat with you in the morning.

Sandy
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope you are having a good week.
    things are picking up at work, and I won't be posting so much here.
    there is a lot to do when you spend one night at home, then go again.
    we got home this morning, and we leave around noon tomorrow. time to get some sleep.

Marie, I am thinking about you, and I will check the posts to see if you are alright after Wednesday's surgery.
    take care
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey thanks Phoebe. I am up early this morning to get lab work done. Plan on a nice breakfast when I get back. 2 scramble eggs,1/2 c strawberries. 1/2 fresh tomatoes. Sorry you want be home long. but glad your work pick up.

Gayla, Has Neil gone back to work yet?
    You are doing good on your plan. You can stay on that bus.

Elli and Sandy, Gosh you do are doing so well. So very fortunate to know you both.

Barbie and Jake---enjoy life to the fullest.

BigG, You are really staying on the wagon. Hope we can all be on maintain together someday.

Ellen--- Our newest member and doing so great. We are blessed to have you with us.

And My dear friend Jeffrey , who feels like a son to me. And I do have a son his age.

Beth---I have garndkids her age. Been missing you lately.

See you all later.
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Tuesday and all is well. I still didn't lose that pound I gained over the weekend, but leaving it posted one more day, it looks so darn good. :laugh: Will do another round of exercise this morning and stick within my calories and hopefully tomorrow, it will be gone. :tongue:

More tests huh, Marie? At least tomorrow you will have had the surgery and be on your way to recovery. Will you have to stay in the hospital or is it out surgery? Who is taking and staying with you?
    My prayers are with you and so is my love. :heart:

Gayla, how is your bus running today, smoothly or bumpy? Love that discription. :wink:

Elli, hope your inspection goes well today, as I am sure it will.

Barb and Jake, how is the honeymoon going?

BGamma, you are so focused, you and Marie are our leaders. :bigsmile:

Elen, hope you are enjoying our little group because we enjoy having you.

Jeff, between laying the retention wall and exercising you are either really sore or just one heck of a guy. How is your wife, still hanging in there? Glad you have your daughters to keep you happy.

Beth, hope you didn't twirl yourself away and hope all is okay over there. We miss you.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, will talk to you later.

Sandy
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Phoebe so sorry, didn't mean to leave you out. Glad you are working but will miss your posts. Stay sfe and happy trucking. :bigsmile:
  • elli
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning all! I got up extra early this morning so i could walk with the dogs. And a bonus! My son, Dakota was here around 6:15 with Mother's Day flowers for me (they were away over the weekend) and the dump trailer to drop back off!!!!!! Plus i got in the 20 minute walk, and the dogs were actually well behaved! They stayed with me and weren't obsessing over digging up the cow!

Sandy - i've noticed the same thing - that we're close to our weight loss goals. It's HARD isn't it? But I was happy this morning - the pound that i had gained came back off. SO - don't mess with that ticker! it looks just great the way it is!!!!!!! And you will get back there today or tomorrow. You know, i've thought about a goat (or 2) or a donkey (or 2) but then i remember that they're critters that i will love, and have to feed every day, and vaccinate, and trim feet and find someone ELSE to do it if i decide to go camping again next summer (plus we're thinking about my 5 going to NY for Thanksgiving to see my Dad and his wife).............i'm thinking for this summer at least i won't get any more critters, i'll just bite the bullet and mow mow mow!!!!!!!!!

Marie - tomorrow is your surgery, so rest up today! You'll be in all our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Speedy recovery and healing for you!!!!:heart:

Phoebe - we miss you when you're otr but i know how bad things have been and i'm happy for you guys that there is work! At least you're together!!!!!! I don't know if i ever asked if you're owner/operators or do you drive for a company? I drove for Monfort "back in the day". Take care out there and drive safe!

Gayla! hope the bus is running well and that Neil's foot is healing!

Barbie and Jake - hope you're having a blast! I bet it will feel good to stay in one place for a couple weeks huh? I'm pretty sure that's what you said you were doing, right? Up in Oregon?????

Thanks for all your encouragement about my house. This morning i'm meeting with the design student to go over colors, AND the insulation inspection. These inspections scare the living !@#$% out of me!!!!!!:noway: :sick:

OK, i better quit having fun and do some work now! Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!!!
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! The bus is still a bit bumpy but I am looking for a smooth road tomorrow. Why is this so hard??? I had Neil back at the surgeon's today. He doesn't think it is infected but it is a deep ulcer. The white I am seeing is fatty tissue (sorry if that is too descriptive). The nerves are also damaged which is why there is no pain most of the time. He says to keep it clean with saline so will do that. I asked how long he thought it would take to heal and he estimates 6 to 8 weeks more!!! Keep us in your prayers for patience and healing, please.

Marie -- I will say a prayer for you tonight for a safe and successful surgery.

To everyone else, you are in my thoughts and I will do a longer reply very soon.
    Gayla :smile:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Marie...please know that Prayers have been sent up for your surgery to be a sucess....:heart::heart: