What MFP should ban

Options

Replies

• ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ban "bumps". Man, those annoy me. Just because people are too lazy to bookmark a thread...
  • lawson305
    Options
    although those things you mentioned might seem pretty basic to some - perhaps others - not. I am an old hat at dieting and could probably teach the class, but it sometimes help to see this stuff and helps keep me on track. I personally on't see anything wrong with these type posts. Granted, perhaps users can learn to utilize the message board search feature, but in my opinion, there are no stupid questions!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckles! :laugh:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This place would be so boring if this happened.

I agree!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Ban "bumps". Man, those annoy me. Just because people are too lazy to bookmark a thread...

BUMP!
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    People come here looking for answers and advise. If you don't like the discussion, you are free not to join in...welcome to America.
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    People tend to get their panties all up in a bunch on the forums whenever anyone posts about nutrition or whatever. Just let 'em go at it. This journey is not the same for everyone :)
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Complainers. Especially those that complain about the goings-on at a free internet forum.

yes.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    BUMP (lol)
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hello....TOM threads......tho I would miss the laughs
  • mjn710
    mjn710 Posts: 11
    Options
    What about the "who's your crush" and all the "flirting" posts.

I didn't even know those existed.... LOL
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    No, I disagree. What is boring, discussed too much, controversial to you, etc. may be very important to someone else, especially if they are new here. Everyone needs to start somewhere. And as for the controversial ones, I think they should be discussed so people can learn. Lots of lurkers out there are learning from what is posted here. It's much easier to skip over a topic if you don't want to read it.

I completely agree. While I also think a lot of dumb topics are out there, to some people it's important and it can be helpful. Maybe not to me or you, but that doesn't mean it should be banned. That's why censorship shouldn't be allowed. A handful of people get to decide what's "right" for everyone to hear. That isn't right or fair.
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Wait...what does "bump" mean again?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    People come here looking for answers and advise. If you don't like the discussion, you are free not to join in...welcome to America.

You do realize that its not just a US site right? The www=world wide web.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    *getting popcorn ready*
    New posters! Utilize search.

Old posters! Utilize patience.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options

You do realize that its not just a US site right? The www=world wide web.

This ^^
    Also, apparently freedom of speech does exist in other countries as well... I have heard, I might get arrested and thrown into the Lublijanka for syaing to aloud ... oh hang on, I am save ... I am in the UK ^^

BTT - Why ban? Don't like. don't read.... SIMPLES
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    What about the "who's your crush" and all the "flirting" posts.

I so agree with this. MFP is NOT a dating site - there are enough of those around already.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Change "Water intake" to "fluid intake".

I disagree. It should stay as water. You need 8 glasses of water a day.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Is there a nation that does require people to participate in forum threads?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Change "Water intake" to "fluid intake".
    I disagree. It should stay as water. You need 8 glasses of water a day.
    According to...?