Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My weight today is 209.4. I am down a total of 27 pounds. 2 since last week. Yeah me. I feel so good but I have so far to go. With your help I can keep going on. thanks guys. :happy:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Is there a WEEK 2 post set up yet?

I haven't logged on all week and need to do a better job of checking in. That will be my goal for the week: Maintain water intake and log in daily.

I post up a the Week 2 thread when I have the chart ready, and then I'll also put a link to it in here. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm having a really bad day here. I keep hearing crap about illegal aliens and people are really so judgemental and have nothing to base their stupid and hurtful opinions on. :cry:

For those of you that don't know my BF is canadian and his mom brought him down here when he was about 11. To make a long story short, she failed to ever get him legal so now he's forced to deal with it. I've loaned him the $3500 we've spent so far on a lawyer and govt. fees (out of my student loans!) and it's been well over a year now. His paperwork is somewhere in the process, but no one knows where and said we won't know until they schedule a hearing with the immigration board. The whole process is stupid and pointless and it makes me so mad!!! All the while we can't do things like buy a house or rent any normal apartment...luckily the guy we're renting from now is my mom's BF so there's no lease involved. :sad: It makes everything so difficult, not to mention he has to work for pennies because he doesn't have a social, and he no longer has a license because they require green cards now.

If the jobs he's worked are jobs that are being 'stolen' from americans....I suggest those americans go finish high school and rethink their goals in life.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    still here....concentrating too hard on the water I guess. I wonder what our next challenge will be? Hopefully nothing remotely close to any sort of intake of fluids!

Oh come on now....we all LOVE water right?!:sick: Actually I find that I enjoy it most of the time.

What about a fitness challenge this week....any ideas?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Are we weighing today? :noway:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Are we weighing today? :noway:

Yep, just send me your weight! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Classes start today....

Business Math and Big Ideas in Science: From Methods to Mutation

:yawn:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    still here....concentrating too hard on the water I guess. I wonder what our next challenge will be? Hopefully nothing remotely close to any sort of intake of fluids!

Oh come on now....we all LOVE water right?!:sick: Actually I find that I enjoy it most of the time.

How about exercising for at least 30 or an hour if you are feeling strong everyday of the week. No exception....I think I'll be up for this. I am doing a 5k run in aid of breast cancer (Race for Life). My very close friend was diagnosed and in remission for now. So I'm raising money for them. My one very good deed for this year!
  • chrissyh
    Options

How about exercising for at least 30 or an hour if you are feeling strong everyday of the week. No exception....I think I'll be up for this. I am doing a 5k run in aid of breast cancer (Race for Life). My very close friend was diagnosed and in remission for now. So I'm raising money for them. My one very good deed for this year!

I am going to do a 5k in Oct - Race for the Cure - it's a Susan G Komen event....I am so excited to do it - I am a survivor so I bet I'll ball when I cross the finish line....the battle of cancer - WON, the battle to be healthy - that will kinda be my I WON moment....
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

I KNOW I couldnt do this!! I just dont have the time at all!! Maybe if we have a set amount of workouts... Like you have to at LEAST get in 4 workouts this week at 30mins.. If you do more great! But at least try to make 4?
  • RachVR6
    Options

I KNOW I couldnt do this!! I just dont have the time at all!! Maybe if we have a set amount of workouts... Like you have to at LEAST get in 4 workouts this week at 30mins.. If you do more great! But at least try to make 4?

I agree. With my new classes starting I don't know if I can work out every day, but I could most definitely do 4 outta 7...more than I'm doing now! :drinker:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I kind of think we should all set our own personal goals for working out. For instance, I am willing to commit myself to 2 days of 30 day shred and 2 days of walking my daughter around our neighborhood. They may only be 20 minutes each but that about all I can spare in the next week. I really should be writing my paper right now. :grumble: We're all on different time constraints and fitness levels so I know I couldn't participate in a minimum time of exercise challenge!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    So each of us - set a goal for this week for your fitness....

Mine is 5 of 7 days starting today....or is it starting tomorrow?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I know my nights now are crazy with baseball and softball starting up, my kids play, I need to get up early and hit the gym, once I get going, it's not bad, it's just that first couple days...............:grumble: My goal is AT LEAST 5 mornings!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So each of us - set a goal for this week for your fitness....

Mine is 5 of 7 days starting today....or is it starting tomorrow?

I say starting today! :drinker:

I'm going to push myself and say 5 outta 7 as well, for 60min each time. No time like the present!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Im going for 4 for at least 30mins for each, starting today.
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Good morning Blues. Checking in for weigh ins...247.4, this put me down 3.6 for the week. I think thisis too fast, so I am going to adjust for next week. I think some sort of workout goal is good for our next challenge. The water goal was supposed to get you in th habit of drinking water to keep you healthy and hydrated. The next logical step is to take advantage of that added hydration and sweat a little more. I know schedules are busy, but I am going to set a goal of 300 minutes of excercise for the week starting tomorrow. I hope y'all have a great day and keep up the good work.
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all you blues!

My weight this morning was 182.6, down a little over 1 lb! Yay I'm excited about the exercise challenge I am going to try for a minimum of 4 workouts of 30 minutes each. Good luck to everyone!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I can do the 1/2 Manitoba Marathon with my 12 yr old again this year. My Dr.s appointment for more surgery-this time internal:sad: will be definitely after, so I'm signing up today. Just pumped:bigsmile: -better get pushing it though.

Very upset:explode: -my daughter didn't get to move forward with Team Manitoba Female Hockey tryouts-damn politics. She knew it too, she said EVERYONE knows they only pick the girls from one school (for the most part), as that Coach-coaches.:devil: She doesn't know yet and will be crushed-Everyone said she was amazing and was a sure thing. That's the worst part. Oh well, we will prevail, at least the US and Canada Colleges are interested in her for Scholarships.:cry:

BTW, i ate chocolate cake-and lots of it, in anger last night. I phoned my daughter to tell her my bad eating and her and her roomate called me an idiot:laugh: (we're doing a 3 way buddy "support group").Tehy have to watch the junk food for the fitness aspect. Now she has shamed me.:blushing: Hope she doesn't do the the same thing when she hears the bad news....:cry::sad: :heart:

Thanks for listening.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    That stinks! Really stinks! I hope she takes the news ok....