3 years ago today I stepped into the gym and never looked ba

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
I love that I know the date! Dec 29th 2008, I stepped foot in the gym, and never looked back . 188 pounds later ( goal weight reached NOV 2010) I have spent the last year maintaining my weight loss. ( Which is harder to do than anyone would think,) IF you are even close to weighing what I weighed 3 years ago ( 330 pounds) and you think for a moment you can not do it, think of me, I was just like you, thinking I was always going to be fat and sad, then I said SCREW THAT, I was going to get fit and healthy and live my life, I wanted to be fit by 40, and I was! Dont think you cant do it, cause you can ! Trust me!

Before:

100_8364-1.jpg

After:

tamichuckiesweddingcropped.jpg

Replies

• BreakThruComing
    Options
    Wow...tremendous work you have done! You look fabulous :flowerforyou: I know you must feel as good as you look! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! I so love seeing your before and after pictures...it reminds me that this journey is totally worth it! All of the sweat and tears...and now getting to LIVE my life instead of just existing...what a wonderful feeling! You look so awesome! :happy:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you amaze me.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Wow! You look friggin fantastic!
  • miss_antigravity
    Options
    that is motivation at its finest! :)
    great job in looking and feeling beautiful and healthy!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    you're stunning! amazing transformation :)
  • lsunderl
    Options
    Incredible!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    it takes a long time, and that is hard to wrap your head around, but I always thought this " time is going to go by regardless, I may as well try to get healthy! "
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! you are soooo gorgeous and stunning...i can't believe its the same person!!

I have been debating a gym membership for various reasons but wow...this sets it in stone...i need to start researching some gyms!

Great job!!!
  • mellie9008
    Options
    you look amazing!! I'd be wanting to share my story to if I were in your position! It is hard work but you can get there!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing! You deserve every compliment you get on here because of all the hard work you put in. Congrats! You're even more inspirational to me because I have the same amount of weight to lose. And look, you did that! So I can too! :}
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! This is such a great inspiration to me!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    What an incredible transformation! You look gorgeous and so happy! Your story is such an inspiration. Congratulations on your success!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You look great! Please share some of your favorite workouts, classes or cardio. I would like to change things up a bit. Thanks again!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It is a long road but a road so worth the journey.........
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I am one year into that same journey through starting at an older age than you. You have done great--that gives me great hope that I will reach my goal as well.

Just a question for you--did you ever experience a major plateau. I have stayed between 172-175 for the last 3 months and can't seem to get my weight loss going again. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for sharing your encouraging success story!

10324051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing transformation. Shows what a little hard work and determination can do. Congrats, you are a great inspiration.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational. You look like a whole new person. Congrats on making your goal and bigger congrats on maintaining it!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Congrats on your journey!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Thanks for the motivation! Any tips for those of us still working towards our goal weight?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!