Replies

• RobS4632
    Options
    I'm in!!

Adelphi University
    Senior!!
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    How did everyone do? I failed! But am starting to find the motivation I need and am starting over!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do? I failed! But am starting to find the motivation I need and am starting over!

Well, everything went better than expected, I managed to stay on track and find the time to exercise (except for the last few sleepless days)

Now that finals are over, I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time :)
  • jmlrh2
    jmlrh2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I went to the University of Missouri for undergrad. Columbia is a fun town. Try having healthy food around you can snack on when your hungry instead of grabbing the first thing in sight. Or you could just workout twice as much and try to burn it off.

MBA Student
    Washington University in St. Louis
  • anj391
    Options
    This past semester I was in class or lab from 8-4 five days a week with homework, studying, and a job on top of that. I gained some weight over the semester but with a lighter schedule next semester and finding MFP, I hope to get rid of it! I'm a fairly healthy eater but I always over eat so having a program telling me when my body has had enough is perfect. The best advice I can give to freshmen is avoid snacking while studying!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have doen terribly. I have to walk through the cafe to go to class and i can just smell and see food instantly i walk in the door. My class is close enough i can smell it all morning too. I spend my morning wanting food. Even when i take lunch in i find that i'm eating it at mornign break then am hungry again by lunch. I'm really going to have to think of somethign for next semester.
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    University of Central Oklahoma...

With this being finals week, the last 4-5 days have been difficult but I'm getting back on track now that its almost over.....
  • skinnybitch222
    skinnybitch222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This thread is such a great idea. I just joint MFP about two weeks ago, just in time for finals week - eek!
    So far it hasn't been too bad, but i'm wondering if anyone has any calorie-saving ideas for coffee shop studying. I NEED my fancy vanilla latte to get stuff done, but is there anything I can do to save calories other than skim milk?

Also, how do you guys manage to work in workouts during these stressful times? I find my schedule (not only during exams) changes so much due to semester changes and exam periods that I just can't work out a consistent exercise schedule!

McGill University, Montreal, Canada
    Year 2 English Major
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    lost freshmen 15 and more!! :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    this is pretty awesome! .. i've lost almost 15 lbs and now i'm really trying to maintain!

California State University, Los Angeles-- College of Engineering
  • melmiller91
    melmiller91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! I'm a junior at the University of Akron. It's hard to find time to work, go to school&workout/eat right! I'm trying to work it hard right now since it's break and I'm only working about 3 hours a day (yay for no money!) I'm just nervous for next semester to start up, it's definitely going to be more stressful. Good luck guys :)
  • melmiller91
    melmiller91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This thread is such a great idea. I just joint MFP about two weeks ago, just in time for finals week - eek!
    So far it hasn't been too bad, but i'm wondering if anyone has any calorie-saving ideas for coffee shop studying. I NEED my fancy vanilla latte to get stuff done, but is there anything I can do to save calories other than skim milk?

Also, how do you guys manage to work in workouts during these stressful times? I find my schedule (not only during exams) changes so much due to semester changes and exam periods that I just can't work out a consistent exercise schedule!

Year 2 English Major

My exercise schedule during the semester is never constant. I try to keep the same times on the same days of the week. But I have to go day by day to figure out when I'm able to hit the gym, even if it is only 20 minutes.
  • ansilver
    ansilver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm in my junior year... i was always active until i quit cheerleading after my freshman year. i put on my "freshman 15" at the end of sophomore and now i'm working on getting rid of it. Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • kate216
    Options
    I def need some help/motivation!! i'm a junior and still struggling with my freshman 15...
    feel free to add me anyone who could use motivation too! :)
  • Aideehunter
    Aideehunter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This will be great for next semester! I started mid November, so I'm hoping come next semester I'll be more familiar with mfp. Hopefully I can lose some pounds for graduation :)
  • anj391
    Options

Year 2 English Major

My exercise schedule during the semester is never constant. I try to keep the same times on the same days of the week. But I have to go day by day to figure out when I'm able to hit the gym, even if it is only 20 minutes.

You're absolutely right, schedules are hard to keep when in school. I think taking it day by day is awesome advice.
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    Since being on the holiday break i've lost 5 pounds. I hope everyone is enjoying your break and going strong!
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Finally other college students! :-)

I'm in my 4th year at the University of Virginia (wahoowa!) and I'm majoring in Spanish. I've been a member of Weight Watchers since January, but recently joined MFP. Finals DESTROYED me and I took 20 credits this past semester, so I was super stressed.
    But, this week was my refocus week and I've gotten back on track with my eating.. so hopefully I can stay motivated. Great to see other college students on here!

Feel free to add me.

-Tamara
  • Nicole
    The Art Institute of Boston
    Fine Arts Junior

I actually didn't get freshman 15, I went to the gym 5 times a week when I first started college. :x Right now I've been going to a cheap gym down the street from me (I don't live on campus anymore, have my own apartment) with my boyfriend. I do cardio for 20-30 minutes then I do weights with him and he helps me do them correctly so that I don't hurt myself. :P
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP