The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options
MelissaSel
MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
We've all gotten the looks, the stares, heard the whispers behind our backs. But what was the rudest thing anyone ever said to your face about your weight? Mostly interested in what strangers have said... we all know our loved ones can be the most cruel at times, no matter how well intended.

I worked customer service and an Asian gentleman frequented our place and was always polite and quiet. After many visits, one day he said, "Where you find pants so big?"

At that time I was in about a size 18-20... I wore jeans to work, and had many different pairs. I just smiled and said, "Oh, there are LOTS of places!" lol

Replies

• neveahnadira
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I went to a psychiatrist about some severe depression I was having, and I told her I wanted a weight neutral drug if she was going to prescribe one because a drug that made me gain weight would just depress me more. She told me, "Then go get bariatric surgery, and you won't be depressed anymore." Seriously? >.<
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's ex didn't like me so she was always complaining how fat I was, which I found rude because she brags about how she throws up to stay thin! How dare she!
  • lilbigginz
    Options
    I went to a psychiatrist about some severe depression I was having, and I told her I wanted a weight neutral drug if she was going to prescribe one because a drug that made me gain weight would just depress me more. She told me, "Then go get bariatric surgery, and you won't be depressed anymore." Seriously? >.<

that's horrible and the sad part is there is a lot of doctors that are like that. Every time I ended up in the hospital for mental illness the doctors would always be focused on my weight instead of why I was actually in the hospital. I still haven't found a good doctor who wont focus on what i'm there for.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've had a few people ask me if I'm sick, since i've lost weight. Rude!!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    had lost about 70 lbs at that time and i was told that it didnt look like i lost any weight..wtf? i told this person 'oh yea heres my proof (showed them a picture of me @ 320lbs from my phone) what do u have to say now?' this person still had the nerve to say...well your still fat :noway:
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options

I wasn't.

Been there! More than once. Way more than once...
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I went to an orthopedic doctor for my knee pain. The little man (he was about five inches shorter than my 5'6") said to come back when I was as thin as I could be and then he would look at my knee.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I wasn't.

Been there! More than once. Way more than once...

I got that about two years ago. Stung like hell, especially since I've had a miscarriage. Not pregnant, sweetie, just fat.
  • Gayafrench
    Options
    Nice teenager at the till of the supermarket:
    "You should go before me (smiling), in your condition you should not wait standing in a queue" (ie meaning pregnant)

Heuuuuu.... wait...... what?
    Right ok, might have save me 10min but I will always remember how awful I was feeling.
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    I came home from a holiday & the security guy in our building said "WOW, you got fat!"

I was gutted since id made such an effort to lose before i went & had obviously put it all on again in a week lol
  • siren1974
    Options
    At my heaviest my wedding and engagement ring wouldn't fit. I went into a jewellers to buy a cheap band to wear as a replacement and the assistant pulled out a huge gold band. Now even when I'm big i have freakishly small fingers (I now wear a size I/J after a 70lbs loss) so was probably after a size M when I was shopping. She said " Oh you have small fingers, I'll just get one thats a NORMAL size"

Cheeky cow!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    An (ex) boyfriend said, "So and so and his girlfriend asked us out for a meal" "That will be nice" I replied. He then said "But I told them we were busy" "Why?" says I.

"Because his girlfriend is really slim and attractive and I didn't think you woul be comfortable as you have been complaining you feel ugly because you are so fat"

He was soooooooo out of there.:mad:
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I infrequently went to this one gas station by my house to pick up drinks and gum on my way to clinical. The man behind the counter told me "If you lost weight you would be really pretty. I'll help. You can't buy these things here. Get out."

He wouldn't sell me a cappuccino and a pack of gum :sad:
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    The rudest thing a person said to me was " are you pregnant" A cousin of my husbands asked me that!! Well Im 56 yrs old it would be a sort of a miracle being I had a hyste:drinker: rectomy and she knew it, the thing that kills me is shes fat too..well after that I started dieting and I lost my weight, she is still ignorant and you cant lose an attitude!!!! the joke is on her!!! she did me a favor!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    An (ex) boyfriend said, "So and so and his girlfriend asked us out for a meal" "That will be nice" I replied. He then said "But I told them we were busy" "Why?" says I.

"Because his girlfriend is really slim and attractive and I didn't think you woul be comfortable as you have been complaining you feel ugly because you are so fat"

He was soooooooo out of there.:mad:

That's such a jerk thing to say! I'm glad you got rid of him! :mad: :explode:
  • bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Getting changed in the changing rooms at a shop with my son:-

Josh 'whys your belly so fat and squidgy?'
    Me 'When you were a baby you used to live in there'
    quiet pause whilst he thinks this comment through
    Josh 'How many babies have you got in there now?'

All I could hear was chuckles from other changing rooms.

I had to laugh but inside I was crying!!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.

Are you serious?? what an AssH**e!!!
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options

that's horrible and the sad part is there is a lot of doctors that are like that. Every time I ended up in the hospital for mental illness the doctors would always be focused on my weight instead of why I was actually in the hospital. I still haven't found a good doctor who wont focus on what i'm there for.

Same here. Everytime I go to a Doctor with some illness, they would just end up saying that it is because I am overweight if they can't diagnose what's really wrong!!