So why are you fat??

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Onesnap - Yes it is. Best show of all time.

Morgan - That's because you and I are family and we didn't know it.
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    i was a competing gymnast util the age of 18. i did kick boxing, swimming and dancing for fun and then when i tore my ACL it all stopped. only i carried on eating like an athlete! steadily over the past few years the weight crept on and i got much less fit and completely out of shape. So now i am determined to get back somewhere near i used to be and not freak out every time i need to find an outfit to fit me nicley
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    Food is delicious and exercise is hard work. Gluttony and sloth, two of my favorite sins.

Oh who am I kidding. "I'm a fan of all seven."

^^^^ Could have written this myself^^^^

HA! i love this
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My ex fiance always fed me BK or McD's knowing I hated eating them, and I worked at a desk job with little time to exercise
    what do you mean he fed you? were you his child or his fiance?
  • Bratkins
    Options
    Emotional eater. Learning to deal with my emotions is tough. I would rather just eat ice cream. :)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    because my hips dont lie.
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    University. No money for healthy food and ALOT of alcohol.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Why am I fat?

I was a lazy sloth for a long time with a desire for high calorie foods. Working out took too much time and effort. Eating bad food was fun.

The rest is history.

I was thin in high school and played sports. Joined the army. Was a professional wrestler. Stopped all that and ate like I was still involved in athletics. Gained 50 lbs in two months. The stretch marks will forever remind me of that. Got up to 272 lbs at my biggest. After my divorce dropped to 240 lbs. Am at 220 right now. (Need to be 205)
  • Huskerduer
    Huskerduer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think we're all being a bit hard on ourselves when we say we're just lazy and we love food?

I truly think that the processing of food, over the past 30 years, has contributed to MY personal addiction to food. I never really got in to fast food, but I did work in chain restaurants for many years, and eating that processed crap constantly did not help.

Just like with other substances, a person who is addicted can stop taking that substance in to their body, but unless they treat the reasons they're seeking it, the obsession for the substance does not magically disappear.

How many times did I look at someone who was, say, 200 lbs overweight, and think, "How did they ever let it get that far?" I may think that now, but I have an empathy I didn't have before.

Lol, sorry to get all 'heavy man'.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm not.

lol
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Infertlity treatments and drugs. MAJOR feet/ankle surgeries every 2-5 years since I was 18 and have limited use of my feet and ankles. Being bed bound or on crutches for months at a time. Has not helped. ANd genetics also plays a part in all this.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think we're all being a bit hard on ourselves when we say we're just lazy and we love food?

I truly think that the processing of food, over the past 30 years, has contributed to MY personal addiction to food. I never really got in to fast food, but I did work in chain restaurants for many years, and eating that processed crap constantly did not help.

Just like with other substances, a person who is addicted can stop taking that substance in to their body, but unless they treat the reasons they're seeking it, the obsession for the substance does not magically disappear.

How many times did I look at someone who was, say, 200 lbs overweight, and think, "How did they ever let it get that far?" I may think that now, but I have an empathy I didn't have before.

I disagree. I cannot blame it on processed food. I ate big all day and did no exercise. Processed food did not make me fat. My own decisions made me fat.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My ex fiance always fed me BK or McD's knowing I hated eating them, and I worked at a desk job with little time to exercise
    what do you mean he fed you? were you his child or his fiance?
    :)
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    when I had my son (11 years ago), I worked only part time and walked everywhere since my husband took the car to work. I literally walked every day for a good 5 years, long and short walks. Since then, I have a full time desk job (which means I hardly ever get up), my own car (which means I never walk anywhere). I need to move WAY more!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i could give you the psycological reasons of depression and suicidal tendancies and addictive personality. i could explain about eating my feelings and quitting drugs and drinking so that the only addictions left were cigs and food. i could tell you that my shrink breaks it down to me still trying to kill myself, just slowly so that my higher brain doesn't realize it.

but it really boils down to me not being willing to change. not thinking that i was worth change. and being to friggin lazy to try. trying and failing was harder - for me then - than not trying at all.

oh, and mac and cheese. that shiznit is too good in the mouth and no good in the body.

but i'm changing that. as my lil ticker down there will show you.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Going to college to become an engineer, partying in college, being lazy, not following through with my fitness plans, eating my emotions, working 30 to 45 hours a week in college. Glad that's over with.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I wasn't being hard on myself. I was taught from day 1 about healthy eating, my mother is EXTREMELY healthy and has never been overweight. She is now a vegan. I have no excuse for my eating habits.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    because. I WAS LAZY.
    We're all loath to admit this simple truth.
    It's just that basic.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Dude, that sound EXACTLY like my story, but I think the slowing metabolism of aging helped. I was about 175 (31-32" pant size, 15 1/2 neck, 39 sports coat) until I hit 40 then it seemed like I'd add about 5 lbs per year until 47 when I got married, so I was 210 (34" pant, 16" shirt, 42 jacket) @ the wedding. Then came the kid @ 48 and it's like 15 lbs./yr until I hit 247. When I was stretching my 40" waist pants and 17" shirt and need a 48 jacket...that was enough.

Been on plan for 17 days and lost 12 lbs. so far. Hoping to get back to 190 or so...and fit back into my 34" pants that've been hanging around aimlessly in my closet.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Getting a divorce, going through a deep depression and drinking ALOT