How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I go to 24hr fitness and pay $25 per month, got in on a special month to month, so i am not locked into a contract at all. Contracts are a pet peeve of mine. I paid first and last month when I joined, so if I ever want to ace my membership I have 30 days to do so. It is actually not a big expense. Even though I have not been in a week (been on vacation) being lazy and emotional... when I do go, I usually go 3 times a week (Mon, Thurs & Sat) so I get my monies worth.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i go to the ymca and because my husband does not use that gym he has one at work i get the single parent membership so my kids can go to the daycare. i was paying 60 a month then i found out i can file for financial aid (everyone gets some sort of discount they said) and now i only pay 27 a month, I have a friend who gets to pay only 40 a year it all based on your money you make and how much family you have and stuff. my gym has a pool sauna weights cardio room spin room, child care, a gymnasium. I can travel to any of the 3 near my house and i can go to any in CT MA and RI too
    I pay $72 a month at the Y with no discounts for myself and two kiddos. I could save money by going somewhere else, or maybe applying for a discount. But I don't, because I hope by paying what I do it will help a less fortunate family maintain a membership at a discounted rate.

I just hope I'm not helping that old weirdo that looks at all the girls and never cleans the equipment after use. That would piss me right off. :P
  • coffeemom3
    Options
    24-hour fitness no contract you can pick either $15.00 or $25.00 a month the $25.00 is with unlimted Taning that with ATC Fitness
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    wow, lots of variety on prices and facilities!

I pay $20/month for Bally's, I've been a member for a long time (even though I didn't use it regularly for the past few years until last spring), I can use any Bally's in Colorado and there are 3 locations within 10-20 minutes drive, mostly use one particular location that's 10 minutes away because they have a pool and jacuzzi, in addition to cardio machines, weight room, strength machines, indoor track, lots of classes (some free, some an extra $2 per class), etc. I'm not quite fit enough to run the 5 miles or so to the gym...yet...now there's an idea ;)

If the weather is too bad for me to get over to the gym there is a tiny fitness center at my apartment complex that is free so I sometimes use the treadmill or elliptical.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I pay $58 per month. No contract. The gym has an Olympic size pool, sauna, steam room, whirl pool, track, tennis courts, basketball court, game room for kids, babysitting room for babies 2 and under for up to 2 hours, baseball and football fields for kids, full weight room with all the doodads and stuff, and they offer aerobics, step, zumba, and weight training group classes. Our membership is for me, fiancé, plus his 3 kids. I think it’s great!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I pay 300RMB/50USD per month for my gym in Beijing, China - includes cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, swimming pool and classes, but I only use the cardio stuff and free weights. I'm not really into "group fitness".

Once I get back to the US, my boyfriend and I will be looking into joining the New York Sports Club near us.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm getting robbed blind. I pay £89 per month (that's Sterling, not USD) BUT the gym is 5 minutes away on my bike or 5 mins on the bus (if it's raining or I cba to cycle), busstop opposite my place and at the other end it is right outside the gym door. I am going around 5 or 6 times per week, so I believe I am getting my money's worth. There is one other local gym, which is a similar distance and that's £90, plus a 12 month contract (I am on a month-to-month contract at my gym). I get access to everything there, including all classes and a pool & jacuzzi :)
  • spottedlee
    Options
    $39, no sign-up fee, no contract,, comes with full use of gym and UNLIMITED guest privelage, in which I can bring up to 2 guests anytime, so it's like 3 for 1 if I bring guests all the time. My gym has full sized swiming pool, basket ball court, raquent ball courts, many, many classes which are included in cost.. I think i got a bargin.

Oh yeah,, I can "freeze" my membership at $10 a month if I can't use gym. This will avoid costs assocated with signing up as new member and any future price hike.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I know there are lots of gyms like Planet Fitness, Retro Fitness, Club Metro USA, etc... that do offer 10$ or $20 a month. I don't think they would have an indoor track.

I work out in my basement.
  • ToolRat
    ToolRat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I needed a 24-Hour Gym because I work 10-12 Hours a day and have about 2-1/2 Hours of drive time. I found a Power House that was $29 a month. Has a Pool, Hot tub, Basketball Cort,Racketball Courts and a great work out area with free weights and a good amount of machines. Love it so far. By paying for the year, they gave me 2 months free for a total of 14 months and locks in the fee. For 24 hours, I felt this was a great deal compared to most other gyms in the area.
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    24-hour fitness here, for me, is $32 a month with a 3-year contract. there was a $50 sign-up fee. no pool -- weird, complicated laws for gyms with pools and saunas here in MT, so many don't have them -- but everything I really need, and I can go in after work around midnight.

classes are $1 each. you buy a little punch card with 13 punches for $12. sometimes, like this month, members can be in classes for no extra charge. non-members can take classes for $2 each.

OUCH!!! I joined 24-hr fitness in California. I pay 26.99 monthly with no contract. Paid 26.99 initiation fee to join along with first and last months fees. I can use any of their gyms regardless of location.
    All classes are included in the monthly membership fee. And of course the huge benefit of this gym is their hours. Very convenient..
    I know they are always changing their fees...
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOVE 24 Hour Fitness ... absolutely necessary for the odd hours I work out, natch.

I paid ~$550 for a 3-year contract some years back. It hurt, but there was a clause in the contract that allowed me to renew annually for $99. I'm currently paying $99/year for All-Club Sport access, which basically means I can work out at any 24 Hour Fitness that's a Sport Club and below, and group classes are free. Plenty for me!
  • FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    £10 for membership card and then £3 each visit. :)
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I pay $100.00 for a WHOLE year at Ballys (now La Fitness).
    I got in on this sweet deal this past October. Corporate sent me the deal through mail.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    if anyone bothers to read this far down the posts I pay $40/month for 24hr fitness which includes all of their fitness centers. There is no contract and you can do any of the classes for free (doesnt cost anything extra) The one closest to me has pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and racquetball courts although I havent used any of the extras yet. Have been to Zumba classes there which are great!
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness $10 per month
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOVE 24 Hour Fitness ... absolutely necessary for the odd hours I work out, natch.

I paid ~$550 for a 3-year contract some years back. It hurt, but there was a clause in the contract that allowed me to renew annually for $99. I'm currently paying $99/year for All-Club Sport access, which basically means I can work out at any 24 Hour Fitness that's a Sport Club and below, and group classes are free. Plenty for me!

Great deal!! I love 24hr Fitness too!! Mine though is a Super Sport so end up paying more for all club pass but still think its a good deal! No contracts here...
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I Pay £34.99 for use of all facilities at my gym. Swimming pool, health sauna, a free weights section with 4 power cages and all classes are free. Better yte, my work subsidize £17.99 of that membership :heart:
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I pay $27/month that includes all the classes (LA Fitness)
  • sadrina1986
    sadrina1986 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go to YMCA, it's around $35/month with $100 one-time membership fee (which could be waived under application), I really like this gym because it's not 100% commercial, but a gym who's been working hard to give back to the community.