JANUARY 2012 Century Plus CYCLING challenge

Options
Wow, the new year is here. I know many of you have made some new year's resolutions, and they if they include cycling, let's see if you can match - or better yet - beat your goal.

Each 100mi=one century. How many miles will you challenge yourself to cycle in January?

Come back here and let us know your progress. At the end of the month, PM me and I will tally the totals and let you know how we did as a group.

My personal challenge - 1 century in January.

Replies

• CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    And in for January 2012.

With a goal of 200 miles on the bike outside

maybe even start commuting again.
  • kmom29
    Options
    I prefer outdoor biking. I think I will have to make a conservative 150miles the goal and hope for clean roads. I actually prefer cold weather biking to warm weather biking!!!! Bike on!
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Let's see. November was a hair under 120 miles. December was a fraction under 150. So, in January, I'm going for at least 180. It'll probably have to be mostly on the trainer if last January's weather was typical in our town. Egad.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a new bike!! I'm buying a new bike!!!!! I can join this again this month!

But I won't be getting my bike for about a week or so, and I can't commute on it anymore, so I'm going to set my goal sort of low... at, like, 50 miles. :D

I'm SO EXCITED!!! I'M BACK!!!!!!!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    well - according to my plan for the year, I've got 300km pencilled in, so let's be optimistic and call it a double century for Jan 2012 - hopefully at least 1 of them being on the road, rather than on the trainer.

Fingers crossed for some better weather :smile:
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep my goal at 300 miles for January since I didn't quite make it in December.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Got my new bike, 100 miles sounds good.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I will bike 225 km during the month of January. I hope I will do more, but the weather can get really cold here in January.:ohwell:
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

Debating how many miles for the month since I still have a few more months of indoor riding-wimp for the cold!

I rode over 4000 miles in 2011 and would like to shoot for 5000 in 2012. That would mean 400 for the month....that seems unrealistic but I am going to throw it out there anyway.

Hope everyone has a great 2012!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for good weather in January, but if I don't get it, I'll ride on the trainer indoors. My goal is 400 miles for January, and hoping for 6000 miles for 2012.

I was fortunate, and had no health problems in 2011, and I hope that repeats this year.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    100 miles for me!
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'll join, but mine will be on a stationary bike, because I don't have a regular bike right now. lol I'll say 75 miles since I'm just getting started with a bike and I'm not the fittest right now, so I'll be taking it at a slower pace for awhile until I'm use to it.
  • kbwdad
    kbwdad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll commit to the 100 miles but will shoot for more.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I did 520 Miles in Nov, 572 Miles in Dec. Hope to do around 500+ this month too!

Year target should be around 4000 Miles, because between May-September its impossible to cycle in India...it becomes overbearingly hot!

See you all Rockstars here often! Have a great year!

Cheers!

Rajiv
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Not expecting to match Decembers 1014 miles, but let's see how it pans out:

Day 1: Club ride, 60.5 miles, 270 mins, 2279 cals burnt (HRM)

2012 goal is to break the 10,000 mile mark again.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    3,000 miles for the year

325 miles in January, did 221 miles from dec 12 thru 31 st
  • dianeargie
    Options
    100 miles for january
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    thanks rick for the new thread.....:flowerforyou:

my goal for january is 500 miles, i am looking to complete 6000 miles for this year...good luck all

jan 1......26.1

26.1/500 (spinning miles)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am in for a 1/2 century this month. Hopefully the weather cooperates

1/1 - 3 miles