SWaT-January Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options
Hello, Fellow Walkers.

We are a small group of walkers who use the Leslie Sansone walks for our exercise routine and who post our progress and support each other in meeting monthly walking goals. Although originally a walking group, we have evolved into a very open, free-style support group. Some walk, some do strength training, and some mix it up. Everyone has different schedules and is at varying levels on their weight loss journeys, so you set your own goals; the only one you are competing against is yourself, and the group is here to offer motivation and support.

If you’d like to join, just introduce yourself and post your goals for the month. Check in as often as you can --- daily, weekly, whatever works for you.

The SWaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds originator) and the name stuck. For those of you not familiar with Walk Away the Pounds (now referred to as Walk at Home), they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. There are four moves to each workout (walk in place, kicking, knee lifts, and side steps), and most workouts offer modified movements for a beginner or someone who needs a less strenuous walk. They range from one mile (about 15 minutes) to five mile (about 80 minutes) walks and can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are available at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. They also can be rented from Netflix or downloaded from the Internet, and some cable providers have them available in the Free Zone.

I found this group over a year ago, and it helped to keep me accountable with regular exercise. I lost almost 80 pounds and then let life get in the way and gained back 30. Now I want to lose a total of 60 more pounds. I have committed to regular walking this year and to getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

My goal for January is to walk 60 miles.

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Videos Online

Here are some videos from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9fV8QYoVc&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NaX-7v2DQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWRZcvAZys&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 3 equal her 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds for Abs. (You can use light hand weights in place of the walk belt.)

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8b4P57jNsQ&feature=PlayList&p=3276123ADD7730EE&playnext_from=PL

These 2 are 1 mile each. You can create a playlist if you have an account and then you can play them all consecutively. (I have also recently discovered that I can put them on my RealPlayer (free download) and not download the commercials! This is a much smoother transition even than as a YouTube playlist.)

This is a 15 minute 1 mile walk with the California raisin!:

http://www.calraisins.org/healthy-lifestyle/smart-steps-for-good-health/

Scroll down the page and click on the Web video link to the right of the picture.

And finally, here's a link to her 1, 2, and 3 mile Start Walking workouts:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/startwalking/default.aspx?=aha_link_startwalking_april09
    (I had to scroll down the page a bit.)

All these links can be watched and done online.
    Another link I came across: her 1-Mile Express walk:
    http://www.walkathome.com/on-demand/1-mile_express.html
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    Me too! Denise Austin walk it off is mine, but I will make a goal to also walk 60 miles in January!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,255 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this month! My goal is 720 minutes of exercise for the month of January. I will be walking, lifting weights, going to the gym for cardio, playing volleyball, and doing shallow water aerobics.

Off to a great New Year!

Jenny
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year! I'm ready to start giving it that extra umph. I'll set my goal at 60 miles for January.

Does anyone remember how to post your ticker? I tried last month and couldn't get it done. Please help! LOL

Good luck all!

Patti
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to join my friend Jenny in walking away the pounds with this group! Last year, January through April was the best time to focus on my health goals...so I am ready to go!!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,255 Member
    Options
    Welcome Doris! Glad you're joining me on this thread!

I went to tickerfactory.com and made an exercise ticker but then couldn't find how to copy it on here. There use to be a signature button where you could cut and paste one in and it would show up on your posts. Does anyone know how to do it now?

Jenny
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in. We will walk 60 miles in January!! We love Leslie Sansone. She has changed our lives. Walk, walk, walk, walk!!! My husband is Johnygoose!!
  • JohnyGoose
    Options
    60 Miles with SuzenM coming right up. Happy New Year SWaT.
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    i have her newset walking dvd and i do all 5 miles 5 days a week it is awesome i love it:smile:
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Larry and I am in for walking 60 miles in the month of January. Some of it will be walking with the dog but also doing Leslie walking tapes too. Thanks for starting this I need the motivation and support. I live in Augusta GA and I am 41 year old and live with my partner and dog. The dog will be a partner for walking he don't get a choice lol as it does him good.

Happy New Year
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Larry, I am so happy we can do this together!! I want you to meet my husband Johnygoose and we can support each other. He just started back today. I'll have him send you a friend request. We're really pushing to get healthy and well. I am thrilled we are all walking with Leslie!! Have a great night!
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I will join in I started using her DVD's hoping this will motivate me to move more.

Kim
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Happy new Years to All!!!
    Sorry I'm late, I've been out of commission all day. I Got sick last night from food poisoning. Never even had a drink last night. I am just now taking something to eat.... Chicken noodle soup.

Any how, I'm still not with it, But hope to be by tomorrow morning.I didn't get a chance to read anyone post. Sorry!

Night Night ladies
  • forme2310
    Options
    Thats awesome
  • forme2310
    Options
    Thats awesome this was direct to Suzen not about the person above this getting food poisioning. Hope you are feeling beter
  • lmfsmiles
    lmfsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just got her Walk Away the thighs and hips. It's upbeat and the 30 minutes goes by fast.

My goal is not as lofty as others. I'm going to start with 40 miles. i have 2 down..the toughest ones!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    Got one mile in yesterday. Going to try for two today! Have a wonderful day!
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am in for 60 miles in January. I have been walking with Leslie for over 10 years and I'm trying to lose 20 pounds of regained weight. I am also a big outdoor walker, so I will likely rack up some of my miles by walking around the neighborhood. I just joined this site and would love to have some new MFP friends. Please add me if you wish. Looking forward to this challenge. Heading outside in 20 minutes to get it started!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm in, i'll aim for 30 miles. I'll have to start tomorrow as i'm still a bit hungover from new years eve. I already have her 2 mile walk and do a couple of her work outs on youtube too.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think im gonna check this out!