SWaT-January Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi SWaT Team and Happy New Year to All! I lost 30 pounds since joining MFP and due to slacking in logging and too much holiday snacking, I gained back 7 pounds. It's a New Year and as you probably have I've rededicated myself to a healthy lifestyle and exercise (can I get a Amen to that!) This group is a great idea as I walk daily and have several of the Leslie Sansone walk-at home videos. I'll pledge myself to 60 miles as well to kick off January 2012---good luck to one and all to meet their personal monthly goals!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Terry
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    Well I finally put Leslie back in the DVD player after many months and walked 2 miles yesterday. Felt good! I'm 30 minutes closer to my goal!

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good Morning

Im not sure yet what my monthly goal is. Still trying to feel better. So No exercise yesterday or today.

Going back to bed before I have to go to work, be back tonight
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    just got done with my walk slim five really long miles dvd walked the whole 5 miles for 85 mins:smile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It is SO nice to see all of you! Jenny! I'm so glad you are back!

They took away the signature so we cannot post tickers from other sites anymore. They are supposed to be working on an exercise ticker of their own but it hasn't happened yet.

I have decided to change my goal and I am going to follow the workout calendar at Leslie's Walk AT Home website. It can be found here:

http://www.walkathome.com/walkclub2/index.php/calendar/

You don't have to be a member of the Walk Club to use the calendar--in fact I don't know why I still have a membership. I never renewed mine but my account is still there. I emailed them but nothing was done. I guess I'll enjoy it while I can!

January 1 and 2 workouts done!
  • Stace_0104
    Options
    Hi everyone! I searched the forum for Leslie Sansone and found this thread. I'm so glad I did! I have the 3 mile start walking dvd. My goal is a minimum of 45 miles for the month of January. I did the first 3 miles last night, and it felt amazing! I really didn't think I could do it! I will admit that I have to modify the kickbacks just a little bit...but I feel that if I keep working, I'll be able to do them effortlessly soon. Great to meet ya'll!
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did my first 2 miles with Leslie yesterday and 1.5 miles on the treadmill today. I think I will start with a goal of 45 miles for January. Only 41.5 miles to go!
  • Smost5801
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sara and I have just joined today. I am familiar with SWaT and have used it at work. I made two resolutions for the New Year: 1) write down everything I eat and 2) exercise every day. I didn't choose weighing in once a week, because losing weight is not my primary goal, but to be healthy and strong are. I have used MFP multiple times in the past, but once I strayed from my goal, I would stop keeping the food diary. It's so easy to fool myself when I don't commit it to paper. I am worried that I won't be able to keep my resolve. I'm really nervous about not sticking with it, but I am going to think of this as stopping smoking. I tried at least seven times before now being smoke free for 20 years. I really want this for me and I think I am beginning to understand that it is a lifelong commitment.
  • Stace_0104
    Options
    Since my kiddos went back to school today, I was able to get my workout done this afternoon rather than waiting for late evening. Did Leslie's 3 miles, so that's a total of 6/45 miles for January.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great challenge, i love leslie, but also do alot of outside walking with my dog and go to the gym 1-2xs a week. I will shoot for 60 miles this month.....
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    I'm measuring my exercise by minutes since I change up what I do everyday. Yesterday logged 30 with Leslie Sansone and today 52 at the gym for a total of 82/720 for the month so far. Feeling good!

Jenny
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I walked sixty minutes today with the canine about 2 miles today so 58 to go
  • TaraBeFree
    TaraBeFree Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's great to find this group. I am afraid 60 miles is too high for me, but I am willing to try. I recently bought 4 of her DVDs and have enjoyed the couple of miles I've tried. However, I can't see the calendar at Leslie's site as her Walk Club is full and they are not accepting any new registrations. If anyone can share some of what is on the calendar, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Alright, Im feeling much better, I should be up to full speed by tomorrow. The weather station is calling for very cold temps by morning :noway:

I stopped doing Leslie awhile back, So I usually walk to my neighborhood park or Mall.

My plan for the month of January ( WALK 75 miles). I hope to start tomorrow
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm back after taking last month off. and glad to find the group still here and growing too. My goal for this month is 60 miles.
    I started it today with leslies fast 3 miles. It feels great to be back on track again. :flowerforyou:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    So got in one mile walk at work yesterday while waiting for floors to dry. 2/60 done! Going for more today!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's great to find this group. I am afraid 60 miles is too high for me, but I am willing to try. I recently bought 4 of her DVDs and have enjoyed the couple of miles I've tried. However, I can't see the calendar at Leslie's site as her Walk Club is full and they are not accepting any new registrations. If anyone can share some of what is on the calendar, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm sorry--the calendar page used to be open to anyone. The whole site looks different when I'm logged out! I wonder what's going on.
    If you send me a message with your email address (don't post it here in an open forum, please!) I will send you the file as an attachment (it's a PDF file so you need Adobe Reader to open it. That's a free program and can be downloaded at:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/
  • Stace_0104
    Options
    I forgot to post this last night. I got in another mile on the Wii Fit Free Step after my kiddos went to bed, so that's 7/45 miles for January.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I found this board. I love the walking videos and bought two more to add some variety to what I do. I'll be starting my walking plan tomorrow and my goal is to walk 36 miles in January. I know it isn't a huge goal but I want to make sure I start out with something obtainable.
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just did the 3 mile walk. How do you log the calories for this?