Pumpkin fluff

Options
Sidesteal
Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
Shout out to _Bro and Acg67 for inspiring this. I've heard about fluff but never actually made it, those two guys convinced me =) Apparently Fluff was created in sweden by some pro BBers but without going into too much detail, you NEED to make this. It's ridiculous and very filling. Wifey and I just came up with this recipe, I'm sure it's been done before but w/e -- I just want to share this:

Pic fail?

2laxzxu.jpg

You will need the following ingredients:
1 electric mixer
1 large mixing bowl
1 large empty stomach or several friends, or containers.

1 cup FROZEN pumpkin. I use Libby's canned.
8 packets of splenda
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Egg Whites or 3 egg whites
A quick sprinkle of nutmeg
1/2c skim milk
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
2 scoops of EAS Vanilla Whey.

Now, you can probably use other Whey's and Casein should work great, but truth be told Fluff seems to be finnicky in that some brands of Whey won't fluff easily (hence the Xanthan Gum). I recommend Casein or a whey that has some egg protein in it, but you will have to experiment.

Throw all the above into a mixing bowl. You should break up the frozen pumpkin first. Put the mixer on low just until the pumpkin is broken into small peices and then CRANK THAT MUG to full throttle.

Mix for about 7 to 9 minutes, roughly.

TOTAL macros:
465kcal 40 CHO 6 FAT 67 PRO.

Now, the picture I posted is showing roughly ONE THIRD of the yield from the above. So, that tub is about 155 calories give or take.

Taste? RIDICULOUS, otherwise I wouldn't have spent this time posting this. I'm still eating it as I type this.

See Leangains.com for other fluff ideas.

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Interesting....how do you store the leftovers? Or can you?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Interesting....how do you store the leftovers? Or can you?

I typically put them in the freezer.

Freezing it will make an interesting substance. It's not quite ice cream, it's not quite sorbet, but it's frozen and delicious.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I got excited until I realized I have no vanilla. I'm about to place an order to try some Trutein Vanilla which is a blend (casein, whey, egg) as well as some XF Vanilla which is straight casein. I've missed you vanilla. I'll be giving your recipe a try.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    where do you get the xanthan gum??
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Go to the section of the grocery store that sells Bob's Red Mill products. Chances are you will find it there. It's roughly 8 - 9 dollars for a bag, but that bag will last you quite a while.
  • Owning2012
    Options
    That looks delicious and that's a huge, awesome serving. I might do a variation to make it even lower carb. I think it's worth noting to others who might not realize that there's a different to not buy Libby's pumpkin PIE mix... to get the PURE canned pumpkin. Major difference!

Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing!!
  • KellyLynn91
    KellyLynn91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    As a baker myself I would recommend that you whip the egg whites and splenda (or other sugar substitute) first until you get the firm peaks (like the meringue on a lemon meringue pie). Then fold in the other ingredients and you'll have an awesome fluff!

BTW thanks for sharing!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    interesting...
    I have a recipe I make for Pumpkin Fluff but it's no where near what your ingredients are..lol. (but looks the same!)
    It's lovely dipped with apple wedges or graham crackers.
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make mine very different, I think I got the recipe from Weight Watchers a couple years back. My recipe isn't as dense or protein packed, but its light and fluffy!

1 can pumpkin
    1 small box sf instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 container of fat free or lite cool whip
    cinnamon, nutmeg, splenda to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy.
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    That seems like an awesome idea. I might have to give that a shot!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I make mine very different, I think I got the recipe from Weight Watchers a couple years back. My recipe isn't as dense or protein packed, but its light and fluffy!

1 can pumpkin
    1 small box sf instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 container of fat free or lite cool whip
    cinnamon, nutmeg, splenda to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy.

Love the easy/basic ingredient version! Do you have nutritional info?
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try this. I've made something similar with Jello Fat-Free vanilla pudding. Just add a can of pumpkin (pure) to it and some pumpkin pie spices and the 1% milk. Whip it up and there it is! I would have to look up the calories but it is very, very low and delicious as well.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    bump
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    You need to make it like this. My recipe using the same concept. I mainly tackled this issue of "making your own ice cream" because Arctic Zero ice cream got really expensive.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403233-lost-96lbs-and-made-top-10-in-physique-contest - PAGE 8-9 of the forum thread shows how I was able to make pumpkin ice cream and strawberry oatmeal cookie ice cream. My next project is Cookie Crisp N Cream Ice Cream:wink:
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    100 calories for 1/2 a cup