New Green Team Week 1

Options

Replies

• aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA all weekend. It gust got really busy. But I did get my garden all planted this weekend. I can't wait to have some great home grown veggies. It always takes more time than I think it will. I should have time tonight to work on getting some charts put together. As soon as I get them together I will post them.

Sassie~I hope your pain has eased up a little. Stick with this and the pant sizes will drop.

Well I have had 2 servings of fruit each day. Not much is in season here right now:sad: So I have been eating alot of bananas. I really wanted some oranges when I was at the store last night but they just looked horrible. Soon there should be a few more options.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Greenies---- for some reasons i dropped the five lbs i gained after surgery last week. Now I am up with my ticker, for I never did change it, started off breakfast with 3/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 c. of canned peaches for breakfast. I will probalbe get hungry for I am used to 2 eggs in tha morning. but ran out of eggs so to the store I go.This morning. I am on the low carb diet.

Have a happy day all of you. and thanks for the welcome.
    Caliecat
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Good Morning Greenies!
    Moving slow this morning H-Town had a col front come in Were only gonna get in the 80's today (hahaha:laugh: ) That cold for Texas. Anyway wrecking havoc on the sinus.
    Fruit update
    aml0484
    5/15MET, 5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    ammcnett
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    azwildcatfan94
    5/15 MET,5/16MET , 5/17MET
    chels0
    :smile:
    caliecat
    5/17 MET
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET,5/17 MET
    holly78
    hollyb321
    jacque509
    :ohwell:
    kitn621
    5/18MET,5/16MET
    kellya
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    mschooley
    porka29
    5/15 MET, 5/17 MET
    ramb
    realta
    5/15 MET,5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    sallydeb
    5/16 MET
    sassiebritches-5/15MET, 5/16 MET
    sfischer20
    see I told you fruit is hard for me, but I am gonna go to the store today and get some this week will get better. Well everyone have a good day!:wink:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ate 2 fruit today. Just wondering though, does a large banana count as one or two servings of fruit?
    a large banana is two fruits. because there is a bit more sugar and calories in them.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i totally fell off posting this weekend, but i'm back to it. i have an apple and some carrots packed for my lunch and will probly have a salad at dinner.
  • aml0484
    Options
    WTG everyone with getting your friut servings in.

Jacque~Having fruit you like in the house really does make it easier. I find that when I do have something healthy in the house I am more likely to eat that instead. Just try and get in the habbit of adding a serving to 1 meal a day and that have another serving as a snack. I normally have 1 small-medium banana every morning with my cream of wheat or oatmeal. Good luck. Just keep trying and it will come!
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    okay team. Its monday....AHHHHH but just another reason to push harder for anyone who might have faltered this weekend. I did some but not too much. I did do my fruit servings all weekend so Fri, sat, and sun I did meet 2.5 servings. YEAH! I will tell you that I am loving me some oranges and black berries.
    I didnt do good with mywater yesterday. I didnt really drink much of anything. i dont know why but I will say my knee is hurting from the workout saturday. i dont know what I did but it hurts so I have to take it easy and stay off the treadmill for awhile.
    I am hoping to do great this week so I can see results on my weigh in on Friday. I have not let myself go near the scale so as to not be that person that weighs constantly...(i used to be that person)
    Hope you all have a great week and keep up the good work. Everyone seems to be doing great so far. We are all going to be lookin' foxy before long...LOL :bigsmile:
  • aml0484
    Options
    I am hoping to do great this week so I can see results on my weigh in on Friday. I have not let myself go near the scale so as to not be that person that weighs constantly...(i used to be that person)
    Hope you all have a great week and keep up the good work. Everyone seems to be doing great so far. We are all going to be lookin' foxy before long...LOL :bigsmile:

I will admit I weigh myself daily. I only record my loss 1 day a week with this groups weigh in day. For me it works. I don't beat my self up over the little ups and downs but for me it keeps me on track a little better. Helps me make healthier choices and not dig into the junk food. I have also found that it helps me get my water in.

People do need to find what works for them. I know there are lots of people that say to weigh yourself no more than once a week and there are other that say the opposite.

Out of curiosity how often does everyone else weigh themselves??
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AML- I weigh myself daily, I don't know why just force of habbit I guess. It is deff. not because Im liking what i am seeing on that scale! Thats for sure:laugh:

green team- It is monday morning :drinker: and I am back on the bus with everything life is gonna throw at me this week, and am sun-burned like a lobster, and I am at the starting gates ready to roll!
    I startede my day off with a 1/2 juice and a huge Washington apple! Gotta tell you I have never been a fan of apples but I bought a 3 pound bag a week ago and I am kicking their butts!:laugh:
    Have a wonderful morning everyone!

Sassie-If you don't mind me asking was there a trick you used to stop smoking?
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok...after a looong weekend of graduations and birthday parties I was able to meet the 2 servings of fruit/day all weekend...It really helped that I have been having a banana with breakfast every morning.
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was weighting myself everyday...I realized that I would not loose everyday and I would have ups and downs...But now that the weight is coming off a lot slower I am trying the approach of weighting myself once a week...I have noticed that it is not on my mind 24-7, still makes me nervous about weighting on friday...We will see how it works, I may go back to everyday...
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record weekly. I also don't get bothered by little ups and downs, I know that the fluctuations will occur. I also don't worry about what happes that one week of each month. Usually, I will have at least one week during the rest of the month where it seems like the weight is just melting off.

That said, I have been a bit stagnate the last 3 weeks or so. During that time, I was increasing the percentage of calories from fat in my diet (trying to get up to the 20 -30% range) and was not able to get to the gym as often as I was before. So, I figure that accounts for it. And I just kept telling myself not to worry about it... my body was just adjusting... Well, the gym I go to is at the local college, and it is closed during the semester break until May 26th. So, I pulled out the "Biggest Loser Boot Camp" DVD. First, I just watched it and thought I could do the whole thing. I mean, I've been doing 30 - 60 minutes of cardio in the gym, plus weight training. Well, just getting through the first level kicked my butt! It was good, but boy could I feel it. In fact, I am still a little sore 2 days later. But, on the up side, my weight dropped 3 pounds over the weekend! So, hopefully, this change has ended my stagnate period. I refuse to call it a plateau. Not sure I totally believe in them, and it wasn't long enough to qualify anyway.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Wanted to check in today thus far, I had a can of pear nectar lastnight.

I too weigh myself daily but only check in once a week. Sometimes I put the scale away so I won't weigh everyday as if I'm up a few lbs from water weight or something, it won't get me down in the dumps for the rest of the afternoon. I too had fallen away from my gym routine but I'm heading that way right now, so will speak to you all this afternoon.

Good green beans!!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Me you are missing me! I have been MIA for 2 weeks due to finals, but I am back! I was 146 this morning... :(
  • aml0484
    Options
    Astarte~ Welcome back! How did finals go?

Porka~ I to have not been to the gym in 2 weeks. I ended up way sicker than I thought. Finally went to the dr and am now almost back to norm. I have a date with the gym tomorrow night and hopefully some good walking tonight. If you aren't able to make it to the gym try sqeezing in a few extra steps each day. park at the back of a parking lot. walk on a break at work etc.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    They were stressful...and my back is feeling better, for any who are wondering... I am ready! So the challenge is eating fruit?

I had a cup of watermelon today.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of OJ today! yum! :drinker:
  • hollyb321
    hollyb321 Posts: 12
    Options
    banana & apple :happy:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Fruit update
    aml0484
    5/15MET, 5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    ammcnett
    astarte09
    5/18
    azwildcatfan94
    5/15 MET,5/16MET , 5/17MET
    chels0
    caliecat
    5/17 MET
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET,5/17 MET
    holly78
    hollyb321
    5/18MET
    jacque509
    kitn621
    5/18MET,5/16MET
    kellya
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    mschooley
    porka29
    ramb
    realta
    5/15 MET,5/16 MET, 5/17 MET ,5/18MET
    sallydeb
    5/16 MET
    sassiebritches-5/15MET, 5/16 MET
    sfischer20
  • jacque509
    Options
    hEY gREENIES!!
    Had to update weight in one of our MIA is back from finals and she Survied!! Everyone meet Astarte09, she is ready for the challenge and we are so Glad :smile: her back is doing better, so here it is.
    aml0484
    ammcnett
    astarte09
    azwildcatfan94
    caliecat
    chels0
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    holly78
    hollyb321
    jacque509