New Green Team Week 1

Options

Replies

• jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    They were stressful...and my back is feeling better, for any who are wondering... I am ready! So the challenge is eating fruit?

I had a cup of watermelon today.
    So glad your back is doing better, I know its been frustrating for you. As you can see we got some new members and weight in is Friday now
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 fruitsfor today.

Caliecat
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I got my two fruit in for today.
  • sfischer20
    sfischer20 Posts: 7
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing so well this week with their fruits! I did have one serving of fruit with my sub this afternoon but I doubt this is a challenge I will do very well with, unless tomato soup counts...lol

Quick question though--I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal.com and was wondering if you have to copy and paste the html code for your ticker every time you post--or is there a way to save it?

I've really been concentrating on activity--at least a 35 minute walk daily and I'm having fun experimenting with Wii Fit! I've tried several of the various Wii Fit games and my knees definitely feel it. For right now I think I'm going to stick with the Wii Fit game that came with the balance board. I really enjoy the balance board! Does anyone have any suggestions for other Wii Fit games--I seem to enjoy the ones the most that keep you accountable either balance board or remote/nunchuk involvement.

Good luck to everyone this week!!

Sue:smile:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    you can paste your ticker in with your signature. I think it is under settings.
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    yes you paste your ticker under settings in your home page. it will stay there and update as you update your weight...

okay so I did good with my fruit today but yet again not so much with my water....only a bottle and a half so 3 glasses....and I went over my calories:sad:
    I had to go to my step sons track banquet and I hadnt eaten (i didnt know it would last 3 hours) so I ate there and its was hamburgers....WOW! lots of calories there.
    So I have to definately hit the gym tomorrow. Maybe in the morning before work if I can get motivated...
    I hope everyone else is doing great and did lots better than me.
    Good luck and maybe tomorrow will be a much better day for me! Good night all!!!:tongue:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i did really well today! woohoo!
    i had two carrots at lunch and then invented this wonderful spinach tortellini stuff that had LOTS of spinach in it.
    then i had an apple for dessert.
    did 60 min cardio, 30 min joggin, and 30 min on the elliptical. 12 glasses of water, too.
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    HI!!!!!! how is everybody doing??? oh my goodness!! the green team has GROWN! that is just soooo GREAT! HI SASSIE!! HI PORKA!! HI SHANNON!! HI AML!! and the rest of GREEN TEAM!! looks like everyone is doing pretty good with the fruit challenge, so far i have done 2-3 servings on all days' cept Sunday. Still busy here, track is over, and our girls have events going onto state...YIPPY! 4 more field trips, and 7 1/2 DAYS LEFT!!!! WOOT WOOT!! :laugh: dh and youngest son will be leaving the 29th for a week of fishing in Canada. i will have the house to myself, w/19yo son, and my puggers, i have requested NO activity driving then....so it will be a lil vaca for me as well! i can't wait! i finally bought some annuals today and will plant them Wednesday. we just had our last batch of morel mushrooms tonite too. none til next year. they find them on my inlaws farm, last hunt we bagged over 7 lbs!! :tongue:

sassie, soo good to have you back hon! and ceasing the smokes! i am sooo PROUD of YOU!! that is major dear! what a great thing for your body!

shannon, ahhhh, finals are done and your back is better....you must feel much less stressed!

i just want to say with the fruit challenge, it does help having a few variaties availble at all times. i even freeze some so they wont go to waste. another plus with fruits and veggies, is it helps boost your immune system. i have not been sick in over 7 months, and my family is on their 2nd round of colds. i try to eat an orange every day. oh, and the scale, i weigh almost daily. and i record it as well, for me, there is a slight pattern, and not sure what it will show once i get to goal, but it is interesting. yeah, the 'cycle' can offset things 1-3 weeks for me. but if i eat very healthy, watch salt intake and keep my water intake above 64 fl oz, i will actually keep losing those 1-3 weeks. i know it is different with everyone. just understand your body when a gain shows at that time.....don't beat yourself up, just keep on with your healthy lifestyle....that is all you can do, really!

does everyone have a set plan for their workouts/exercise routines? mine will be changing here when school is done. mine will likely take place in the am since it will be cooler....and i can get it out of the way.

i see my cardiologist the 29th, and hope the report is good! it has been a year and there are changes!!

well, i am glad to see all the new folks here and the regulars....still missing some, loser4real, purrrr, holly 78, yeahbuddy, velvetwing, and many many more.......:cry: i really hope they come back soon.....

have a great week buddies......4 more days til weigh in. remember why you are here and daily be serious about your health......be the you you were meant to be!! GO GREEN!
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hi all,
    Had a good day today, got my fruit in!! Went to the gym, did 32 min on treadmill the 32 min on elipical. So I feel good. Ok here a Fruit Update.
    Fruit update
    aml0484
    5/15MET, 5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    ammcnett
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET, 5/17 MET
    astarte09
    5/18
    azwildcatfan94
    5/15 MET,5/16MET , 5/17MET, 5/18MET
    chels0
    caliecat
    5/17 MET, 5/18MET
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET,5/17 MET
    holly78
    hollyb321
    5/18MET
    jacque509
    5/18 MET
    kitn621
    5/15MET,5/16MET , 5/18MET
    kellya
    5/15 MET, 5/16 MET, 5/18MET
    lose2cruise
    missheidi
    5/18MET
    mschooley
    porka29
    ramb
    realta
    5/15 MET,5/16 MET, 5/17 MET ,5/18MET
    sallydeb
    5/16 MET
    sassiebritches-5/15MET, 5/16 MET
    sfischer20
    i AM SO PROUD OF EVERYONE TRYING SO HARD!!
    miss, good job today!
    Kin, tomorrow another day, you are doing good
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: got all the fruit in for today as well
    OJ and apple and a slice of cantaloupe
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Ok so the chart is as complete as it can be until weigh in Friday. I thought I would post it now so everyone can double check there starting weights. Please send a message to me if there is anything wrong or if I missed anyone. I am sorry in advance for any errors. I now have a whole new respect for Purrrr who used to do these charts all the time.

Chels0~ I have no weight for you. can you send this to me?

Demezat~ I have an incorrect weight for you can yo also send this to me

Thanks everyone for your patience with me while I tried to figure out how to do this all.

2 fruits for me today. Well I am off for the night. Keep up the great work!

greenteamweek1.jpg
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    looks good aml.....yes, i sure miss purrrr, anyone heard anything? wonder if she is lurking under a new name? HIIIIIII PURRRRR!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Kellya~ I miss her too! I hope she is sticking with her plan. She had lost so much! Hopefully she finds her way back.
  • hollyb321
    hollyb321 Posts: 12
    Options
    i have my theory test today for driving, so all brain food is going to be eaten today :laugh:

hope everyone is ok?!

:smile:
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I have ate my 2 servings of fruit yesterday and today. Have a great day everyone!:happy:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I had 3 serving of fruit yesterday. and stayed on my low carb diet. AND HAD LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER.. Hope to have another good day.

Hi to all of you and have a wonderful day.
    Caliecat
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey greenies!!
    Looking like a good day so far! I miss purr too you all,I know she still working hard.
    Fruit 5/15 5/16 5/17 5/18 5/19 5/20 5/21
    aml0484 √ √ √ √
    ammcnett √ √ √ √ √
    astarte09 √
    azwildcatfan94√ √ √ √
    chels0
    caliecat √ √
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra √ √ √ √
    holly78
    hollyb321 √
    jacque509 √
    kitn621 √ √ √
    kellya √ √ √
    lose2cruise
    missheidi √
    mschooley √ √ √
    porka29 √ √ √
    ramb
    realta √ √ √ √
    sallydeb √
    sassiebritches√√
    sfischer20
    Sorry still trying to get the table to post
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    They were stressful...and my back is feeling better, for any who are wondering... I am ready! So the challenge is eating fruit?

I had a cup of watermelon today.
    So glad your back is doing better, I know its been frustrating for you. As you can see we got some new members and weight in is Friday now

Thank you! what is the challenge exactly? how much fruit? Today I had watermelon and an apple
  • jacque509
    Options
    2-3 serving of fruit a day
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    kellya - I haven't had morel mushrooms since I lived in VA as a child. Good thing, my granny used to fry them in flour batter. :noway: I miss purrr too, was there a problem other than the family and moving? Maybe she will re-surface.

ami 0 my weight looks good on the chart, thanks for helpin out!
    jacque - thanks for all your effprts on our secondary venture!

:drinker: