SWaT-January Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options

Replies

• SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow SWaT walkers. I'm having a problem. I guess this is what might be considered a sport injury.

My lower calfs, especially my left one hurts so much when I exercise to Leslie. I don't know what it could be. It only hurts while I exercise. Does anybody have any suggestion as to what I can do? Support hose, change brand of sneakers? I have to take 3 advil before I walk with Leslie. I've been walking with her for about 9 months and don't want to give up this form of aerobics. It's worked so well for me that I've lost 43 pounds. I'm actually very excited about this January challenge. The advil helps but doesn't take away the pain. Icy Hot is a joke. Does anybody else have problems with their lower legs?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thought I was going to be able to stream from netflix, but not available....so off to the library I go. Any suggestions?

2 major categories:

1. Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) - these are older, made originally for VHS. Still several good ones here. I only mention it because these are NOT chaptered. If you pick a 4 miler ...... you have to fast forward to skip parts

2. Walk at Home - these are newer, made for DVD. The vast majority of these are chaptered, you can use the skip button on your remote control, or use the menu to select another section. The background music is louder on these (better for me at least)

Favorites:
    Walk Strong (WATP) - not Express version - this is a circuit workout
    Walk & Kick (WATP) uses easy kickbox moves
    3 Mile Weightloss Walk - my 1st Leslie, and I still use it today.
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow SWaT walkers. I'm having a problem. I guess this is what might be considered a sport injury.

My lower calfs, especially my left one hurts so much when I exercise to Leslie. I don't know what it could be. It only hurts while I exercise. Does anybody have any suggestion as to what I can do? Support hose, change brand of sneakers? I have to take 3 advil before I walk with Leslie. I've been walking with her for about 9 months and don't want to give up this form of aerobics. It's worked so well for me that I've lost 43 pounds. I'm actually very excited about this January challenge. The advil helps but doesn't take away the pain. Icy Hot is a joke. Does anybody else have problems with their lower legs?

I have the same problem. I use a heating pad at night on my calves and I take 200 mg. of COQ10 enzyme.
  • dawnmfp
    dawnmfp Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dawn and I'd like to join the group. I started with the Leslie Sansone 1-mile walk in December. My goal for January is to do the 2-mile walk five days a week.
  • I AM IN I LOVE WALKING.. JUST WALKED 3.35 MILES TODAY ON THE TRACK FOR THE GYM SHOOTING FOR 4 TOMORROW GETTING BACK INTO IT ..
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie............I am in if that is ok........will shot for 60 miles in January.......hopefully more if I can
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie............I am in if that is ok........will shoot for 60 miles in January.......hopefully more if I can
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Picked up Walk at Home - Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles & Walk Your Way Thin - Walk It Off and Tone It Up. Will let you know how it goes. Think I'll try the Walk Slim tonight.

Also picked up The Biggest Loser Power Walk!
  • AnnieDrews
    Options

Hi! What type of shoes are you wearing? I've never had any problems with my calves hurting after using the workouts. Other areas have gotten sore,yes, but not my calves. You ARE stretching afterwards, right? I'd look into the shoes first. I wear either New Balance walking shoes or Nike walking shoes. Good luck!
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'll join! I just got her newest DVD 5 Really Big Miles and if you don't have it yet, run and get it. Don't walk. It's excellent and so motivating!

I'm signing up for 50 miles in January but I've already done 10 since the 2nd so if I stick with it I should surpass that.
  • cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would love to join. Hope Im not to late. Started Leslie last month off exercise tv and i've really missed it. When I read this post this morning I went to Wally World and purchased the Walk Slim 5 miles. This one has the toning band. Hope I can get in 60miles for Jan. I'm ready to do this. Good luck and Good Heath to all.
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I bought a Leslie Sansone DVD last month and love using it. I'm a bit late joining but I would like to try for 60 miles.
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am using her 30 minute DVDs, the walk and kick , and also walk and jog , my fitness level has gone up heaps ! they are so easy to do the steps :-)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Today's workout is 3 miles with the walk belt. I guess I'd better get started!

I love all of her workouts but I do think I like the Walk Belt ones the best!
  • AnnieDrews
    Options
    Hello everyone! Had a hard time dragging myself out of bed this morning, but got in the 2 Mile Power Walk With Friends and used 1# weights.

8 miles total for week so far.
  • dandelion9999
    Options
    Hi folks! I love this challenge and I have a question that I'm hoping one of you can answer. How do you log your exercise when you do a Leslie walk? I had back surgery in April and I'm not up to doing 60 miles for January, but I'm doing about 1 mile a day from the 3 mile super challenge DVD. For me, NOT doing all 3 miles is a big challenge. I am fit enough cardio-wise to do it, but I'd be in SO MUCH pain afterwards. I'm sort of an over-achiever, LOL.
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    another day of 85 mins five mie walk and it was great:wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I love this challenge and I have a question that I'm hoping one of you can answer. How do you log your exercise when you do a Leslie walk? I had back surgery in April and I'm not up to doing 60 miles for January, but I'm doing about 1 mile a day from the 3 mile super challenge DVD. For me, NOT doing all 3 miles is a big challenge. I am fit enough cardio-wise to do it, but I'd be in SO MUCH pain afterwards. I'm sort of an over-achiever, LOL.

You can log Leslie as low impact aerobics or use "walking" 4 MPH - no incline. Both methods are pretty close in calorie burn.

9 / 40

Sun - 2 Miles Walk Aerobics (oldie)
    Mon - 4 miles Walk it Out (Wii)
    Wed - 3 Mile Weight loss walk .... strength training tonight .....
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done 12 miles since Monday, but only using the last 8 in my 60 mile count. Still pretty good. I may take tomorrow off and do pilates and yoga instead. Legs are a lil sore LOL.

Personally, I log the dvd as walking 4mph. If i do my whole 4 big miles dvd it gives me about 340 calories burned.

Does anyone else do this dvd. I bought it and it said on the back info. it would talk about the walkers success stories and even gives 3 ppl weight loss, but they never do talk about it. Also, she goes on and on about burning off a meal and how high the calorie burn is, but she never tells you wat it is. She says " if u eat this many calories ur probably overeating". I'm just curious if anyone know or maybe i'm missing something.
  • themeiwant2b
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am new to MFP. My goal right now is to lose 30lbs. I did 3 Fast Miles this morning and thought I'd search to find others doing the Leslie Sanson workouts.. and found this thread, Yay! I am on board with a goal of 50 miles for January! I am so thankful for a support group! 3 DOWN, 47 TO GO!!!!!