New Green Team Week 1

Options

Replies

• kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    jacque...I wanted to let you know that Friday saturday and sunday i hit my fruit servings. Monday the 18th not so much but did it yesterday (19th) I am set. The 18th I did do 1 serving but thats all. :ohwell:
    Plan on keeping it going the rest of the week and even from here on out. I have really enjoyed getting in my servings of fruit b/c it has really helped me with my sweets craving.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I got my two servings of fruit in yesterday and today.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Girl, my mango tree has been my nemisis thus far this year, however it has kept me outside since I'm attempting to fix up my back yard and spend more time outside. Which I do very little of since I'm in S. fla and it's soooo hot. With that said, I'm trying and attempting to decide what to do with them all (see my post in Food and Nutrition) besides give out to the neighbors. I think the food bank will be a priority if I continue to get good ones on the level I'm getting now - to the tune of at least 20 non-broken ones per day and most pretty ripe.

Where I live, volunteers from the food bank will even come pick your fruit for you. Might want to check into it for FL.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    had 1 cup watermelon, an apple, and a fruit cup
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    happy hump day! looks like we're all doing pretty good with the challenge! ok, i have never had a mango...what do they taste like? i am sure i can get them at the local grocery....love to try them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSIE!! have a great day and have some fun!!

i amazed myself again today jogging a mile straight! what a feeling team!!

gonna head outside and see if i can plant some annuals.....have 1,000's of seeds ( the little helicopter kind ) to fall yet.....will be using the leaf blower on them when the time comes....or they will be sprouting trees soon! yeah, warm here today, at least 80*, southerly wind. don't know how you southern folk do it. :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

have a great day buddies.....2 more days! can't wait to see all the POUNDS LOST!! keep at it, we can do this!!
  • kitn621
    Options
    Hey everyone...wanted to just let you all know about something that may or may not interest you.
    I have always wanted to be able to more with my Calisthenics and I saw on another forum on here about the site www.twohundredsquats.com

Its a 6 week program you do 3 times a week that helps you be able to eventually do 200 squats or you can do the situp program to do 200 situps or 100 push ups.
    This is just something I plan on adding as something to do at home especially on days I cant get to the gym. Thought some of you might be interested. Seems fun.

Everyone have a great day!!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    One banana today. The 200 squat thing looks cool!
  • kitn621
    Options
    i know thats what I thought....but i have a feeling my legs would be mush after just a few days....
    but lookin great after 6 wks!:wink:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hey everyone...wanted to just let you all know about something that may or may not interest you.
    I have always wanted to be able to more with my Calisthenics and I saw on another forum on here about the site www.twohundredsquats.com

Its a 6 week program you do 3 times a week that helps you be able to eventually do 200 squats or you can do the situp program to do 200 situps or 100 push ups.
    This is just something I plan on adding as something to do at home especially on days I cant get to the gym. Thought some of you might be interested. Seems fun.

Everyone have a great day!!!
    Sound like a good challenge to start
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I have seen different groups surface every now and then on here that are for that. I always want to join them but think but I end up procrastinating and forgetting until it surfaces again. I really want to do all three. I think we should start it as a bonus challenge for those who want to.
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I ate 2 servings of fruit today.
  • jacque509
    Options
    I have seen different groups surface every now and then on here that are for that. I always want to join them but think but I end up procrastinating and forgetting until it surfaces again. I really want to do all three. I think we should start it as a bonus challenge for those who want to.
    Hey I like this idea, its kinda of like the miles we were doing. It can be ongoing along with weekly challenges but completely voluntary
  • jacque509
    Options
    Fruit 5/15 5/16 5/17 5/18 5/19 5/20 5/21
    aml0484 x x x x x
    ammcnett x x x x x
    astarte09 x x x
    azwildcatfan94 x x x x x
    chels0
    caliecat x x x
    deerfeets
    demezat
    ericamsierra x x x x x
    holly78
    hollyb321 x
    jacque509 x x
    kitn621 x x x x x
    kellya x x x x
    lose2cruise
    missheidi x x
    mschooley x x x
    porka29 x x x
    ramb
    realta x x x x
    sallydeb x
    sassiebritches x x x
    sfischer20
    Sorry Computer trouble
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Well I got my 2 servings of fruit in yesterday. Boy was it hot here. We shattered our old record high of 87 and hit 97 degrees yesterday. Too hot for me to get any motivation to go to the gym or go walking. I did however spend my whole night outside doing some yard work. Today is supposed to be 94 and windy so I am determined to make it to the gym tonight.

Porka~mmmm.........mango's are one of my favorite fruits. I just eat them raw. I'm not sure what else to do with them. They are a pain to clean tho.

Shannon~I know finals can be really stressful. But hey they are done and you survived. I am sure you did great on them. I am also very glad to hear your back is better.

Sassie~Happy Birthday. WTG with quitting smoking. Did you use the patch or anything or did you just quit cold turkey?

Kellya~I think it was you that asked about excercise routines. I pretty much just go with the flow. If I have a babysitter to watch my son I will hit the gym and get a pretty intense 2 hour cardio workout in. Otherwise my son and I do alot of walking and are starting to bike together. We have been very busy with yard work now now that it has warmed up. So lots of low intensity movement. Part of this Journey for me is to teach my son how important eating right and excercising is. He is so cute in trying to understand healthy food vs not healthy food. I want to break this cycle.

MissHeidi~WTG with getting your water in. This is a big challenge for a lot of people.

MXBURKE~Welcome to the Green Team.

Hey thanks...No I got hypnotized believe it or not. 7 days after I quit my fiance went and got hypnotized....now he has quit also!!!!!!!!!!! Cold turkey didn't work and neither did the patch...and amazingly hypnosis did. And also amazing....I didn't gain weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Got a lot of fruit in today!
    It has officially been 24 hours since I have quit smoking!:bigsmile: Temptation is pounding in my head though!:devil:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I have had my 3 fruits today.
    :heart: 1/4 c peaches
    :heart: 1/2 c blackberries
    :heart: 1/2 c pineapple
    :heart: And will have 1/2 c strawberries before bedtime with 1/4 . cottage cheese.Protein and carbs to carry me thru the night.
    I think I am turning into a fruit case.not cake.
    Calie
  • sfischer20
    sfischer20 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would be up for the squats challenge!! That is a lot more appealing to me then fruit...lol...go figure! Of course that is if my knees hold out!!

Hope everyone is having an AWESOME day!!

Sue:glasses:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hi all, had 2 servings of fruit today and started doing a small walk today.. testing my back out. Gonna head out tomorrow for a longer walk.....

Hope ya all are doing great today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kitn621
    Options
    i like the idea of it being a challenge as well. I am starting this one tomorrow so as to get through the night from being so sore from yesterdays step class :sad:
    But doing the squats and push ups at the same time. i want to get my upper body toned b/c I have NO muscle.
    I think I can do both but if not I will just do squats.
    I will be posting my success and failings as I post my other daily updates.
    I have had 1 banana today and will have an apple before bed.
    Hope everyone else is having a great day and have a great night too!!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Okay - CONFESSION - after I got all motivated being on here a long time lastnight, since I didn't get to the gym this morning, I was really dragging my heels getting there at all. BF got up to start getting ready this evening, I got really pissy with him - to the tune of "why can't you ever finish any projects you start around this house rather than hounding me about the gym" - yikes! This is quite unusual for me and I just got new shoes. So, to prove (:laugh: ) I do things when I say them, I went and had a good cardio work out and also apologized to him for being so snippy, making "the face" as we call it :tongue: . Love the new New Balance shoes and I feel so much better - funny how I can get down in the dumps so fast some days - my personality REALLY isn't normally like that - maybe hormonal!!!

With that said, I made dinner, decided to cut up all those mangos I've been hanging onto of which I have not yet given away. I cut up two full Publix bags (those things are hard to cut up without mutilating them) and froze them, which equalled out to 2 1 quart bags and I ate at least one whole one while doing the cutting - so double fruit for today!

Thanks to you all for listening to my mini rant and I will be joining this squat thing. Right now I am doing 30-45 minutes cardio (usually stationary bike at different levels) and not much else other than stretching so I will do some squats in the warm up section now. Yayy, sounds motivational!