What's your 5k time?

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I had not run in well over 15 years but finished C25K on New Year's Day. On my run yesterday I did 3.15 miles in 30 minutes flat. I think I could have shaved a little off of that if I hadn't charged up the stairs at one point on the path and just kept a steady pace and taken the ramp. That kind of took a good bit of wind out of my sails but it sure as hell got my heart rate up. I've been averaging about 9:20 to 9:40 minutes per mile.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    30:38 so far! Only done one!
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Back in "the day" I ran it in 23-24 min. Wanted to shave that off last year to about 20-21 but I got a knee injury instead. :/
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    well after reading this post i am embarrased. My first 5k was 40 min and my second was 35.01. and I have no idea how I did 35.01. I think something was wrong with the chip.

I think I suck at running ( well maybe my run is someone elses fast walk) but i am not giving us because I love it.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 15 years and I'm just incapable of speed! My best was 36 minutes, my worst was 46 - yeah, I know, I could have walked it faster! I'd die of happiness if I ever got a sub-30. And yes, I've tried all the tricks like joining a running club, intervals, hill repeats, tempo runs, sprints etc. I'm hoping getting to my goal weight will have the same effect as putting down a heavy backpack on my speed!

Incapable of speed? Me too :ohwell: , I haven't been running quite as long, but I'm still a turtle, nonetheless, I ran my first 5K race in November at 41:17. Have been fighting the weather and respiratory infections since about a week before Christmas and haven't been getting out there (can't run with no lungs :wink: ) Anyway, I'm signed up to run another 5K tomorrow and I'm going to go (no refunds) and probably will end up walking a lot more than I run, but I'm gonna finish!:happy:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: about 10 years lol
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My last 5k run was 23:50.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Best: 24:30

Last: 27:30
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My last 5k was 29:49
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    On the treadmill I average about 30 minutes because I run at a speed 6.0 on concrete, it's about 33 due to impact.
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i just did my first 5k race in december, my goal was 30mins and i finished it in 28:08! i was very proud of myself :)
  • jlmanderach
    jlmanderach Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I actually just ran the whole 3.1 miles for the first time yesterday and was sooo proud of myself, I ran it in 34 minutes.... go me!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    my fastest timed race was 29:15. I've run a 5K distance anywhere from 28 to 33 minutes depending on the road I'm on and how I'm feeling that day.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 40 mins to 32 mins 55 seconds about a week ago. All on a treadmill as I am new to running. Have been sick so I havent ran in over a week.
  • mbatey
    mbatey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just started training to do a 5K and managed 34 mins on the treadmill and have reduced this to 32.16 which I was happy with at the moment but I am aining for sub 25 mins!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I actually just ran the whole 3.1 miles for the first time yesterday and was sooo proud of myself, I ran it in 34 minutes.... go me!

SWEET!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Haven't timed it exact in a while, but somewhere around 28 minutes on an average course (not super flat, not overly hilly).

I have a 3.56 mile loop that I run and a good time for me is a hair under 30mins.

• littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My first 5K in August I think was 37 minutes...a few days back I ran one at 31 so I'm bringing it down gradually!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am a walker. My first 5K ever was in November, and it took me 58 minutes, 2nd one was in December at 55 minutes, and the third was on New Years day and I did it in 46 minutes. The first two I did, I walked with friends, the last one I did alone and was able to get a bit of jogging in. I never thought I would ever do a 5K, never had any desire, and for me personally, this has been quite an accomplishment. Have my doubts that I will ever run them, but never say never!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious about 3 mile times. I used the term 5k as a measurement more than an actual race or event.
    Anybody else have 5k or 3 mile times?

My 3 mile average time at the park is about 36-37 minutes. I've only done one 5K race and I believe my time was 39 minutes but having to try to get around people constantly slowed me down a little bit. I hope to do another race this year and beat my time. But anyway, your times sound really great especially if you've only recently gotten into this.