What's your favorite movie quote?

Options

Replies

• yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fckin' *kitten* off! He's a tight-@ss! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!" -Devil's Advocate.

I love that movie!

I totally just watched this movie two days ago lol.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Garth: Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played girl bunny?
    Wayne: (cracks up laughing) No... No.
    Garth: Neither did I. I was just asking.
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." Carl Spackler, Caddyshack
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The entire True Romance movie, so many great scenes and dialog.
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    And I think I'd miss you even if we never met. - The Wedding Date

that's exactly what I was going to put!
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have many, but one is from Half Nelson.
    "Change moves in spirals, not circles. For example, the sun goes up and then it goes down. But everytime that happens, what do you get? You get a new day. You get a new one. When you breathe, you inhale and you exhale, but every single time that you do that you're a little bit different then the one before. We're always changing. And its important to know that there are some changes you can't control and that there are others you can."

:)
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Liar Liar -

Policeman - Do you know why I pulled you over?
    Jim Carey - Depends on how long you were following me.....

Classic
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "It's not fair. You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is." That is David Bowie from Labyrinth.

Love that quote!

"You remind me of the babe..."

My friends and I do that intro quite a bit...
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    - Its A Wonderful Life
    Look, Daddy! Teacher says every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings
    I been saving this money for a divorce if ever I gets a husband

-Rocky Horror PIcture Show:
    RiffRaff: The Master is not now married nor do I think he ever will be

Brad: What have you done with Janet?
    Frankenfurter: Nothing yet, why, do you think I should?

Janet: Promise you won't tell Brad?

-Monty Python & the Holy Grail:
    Here's some lovely filth
    Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade
    A shrubbery!
    Spank me! Spank me!
    Must be a King...how do you know...hasn't got **** all over him
    What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?
    I'm not quite dead yet

The Icredile Mr Limpit (Don Knotts)
    How I wish I wish I were a fish

The Ghost & Mr Chicken
    Atta Boy, Luther!
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Dumb and Dumber

"Tic-Tac sir?"
    Lloyd to policeman after policeman takes swig from beer bottle.

Policeman to Lloyd - "pull over!!!".
    Harry "No, its a cardigan, but thanks for asking"
    Lloyd "Yeah, killer boots man"
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Babe

Farmer Hoggett: That'll do, pig.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. - Elle, Legally Blonde
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    From Aliens:

Hudson: Well that's great! That's just f...ing great, man. Now what the f..k are we supposed to do, man? We're in some real pretty sh.t now!

From Army of Darkness:

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Yo, she-*****! Let's go!

Groovy.

Sheila: You found me beautiful once...
    Ash: Honey, you got reeeal ugly!

Hail to the king, baby.

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    "I rule" - Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) in "American Beauty."

For those who don't know the movie, it's about a guy who's just tired of his life and decides to take control. This is during a scene where he just bought his dream car and his wife is questioning him about why he bought it. At one point during the conversation, he puts his fist up in the air and say, "I rule." I love that every time. :)
  • chaineyart
    Options
    I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
    (Troy)
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "What does God need with a starship?" (Star Trek V)

The absolute WORST Trek movie ever conceived.

When I name them I always say "Star Trek 5: The One that Sucked!"
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My favorite movie is Almost Famous and while it has tons of awesome ones, my absolute favorite it:

"I always tell the girls, never take it seriously. If ya never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If ya never get hurt, you always have fun. And if ya ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends."
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    "Are You Sure?".... "Pretty Darn"
    From National Tresure. My favorite because it has become a joke within our family. Ask any of us if we're sure, and we Will ALWAYS reply "Pretty Darn!"

Also, as being a Schwartz, I think a "May the Schwartz be with you..." Is in place. :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    From Withnail and I

Uncle Monty: I adore you. Tell him if you must, I no longer care. I mean to have you even if it must be burglary.

and

Withnail: We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    "**** it dude, let's go bowling"