Any ladies 5ft 11 or around with before/after pics for inspi

Options

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and also love these photos! Please add me, I need more tall friends. :) I'm starting again at 198; I originally started in Aug 2011 at 201, got down to 188, then gained back 10 lbs. Ugh! Time to make it happen for real this time!

I'll have to find pics from 2008 when I was down to 170 - those were the days! I'd be happy at 180, but 170 isn't out of reach.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • NordenJenn
    Options
    Hey tall girls!! I'm 5'10" and new to the site, I need some friends to help me along! So please feel free to add me!
    Right now i'm at 172, and at my biggest i was at 180. I want to get back down to my high school weight of 150
  • Tobefitalways
    Options
    Everybody looks great..I am 5'11" and would love more tall friends...especially with an open diary.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    omg i totally agree with you! some people that say they weight in the 180s look absolutely amazing. totally a supermodel! way better than me...ive been stumped on body types and weight today as im looking through posts and on this website mybodygallery.com. its gotta be a persons frame? im only wondering out loud bc im 5'9'', 137lbs size 9 jeans, s/m top and there have been people who weight more than me but wear smaller sizes..? yeah confusing..haha
    Yep, it is confusing. I am 5'10" and weigh 168 pounds, but I wear 6-8 in skirts and pants, 4-6 in dresses, and Small and sometimes Extra Small in shirts. I have a low body fat % though and lots of lean muscle mass, though, which makes a BIG difference, as does my proportions (tiny waist, bigger hips and chest).

I'm 5'11 and 165ish. I wear a size 10 in pants and my hip bones won't shrink so I'll never wear a smaller size. I have a smaller chest but my broad shoulders say medium is the smallest shirt size I'll ever fit in. Super jealous of you tall girls with thin framework.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 10', 40 years old, and I've lost about 40 lbs over the last 6 1/2 months.

PICT0194.jpg

This one was taken about 3 weeks ago.
    IMGP0202-2.jpg

You lost 50 pounds and about 15 years. :) you look Amazing!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and 165ish. I wear a size 10 in pants and my hip bones won't shrink so I'll never wear a smaller size. I have a smaller chest but my broad shoulders say medium is the smallest shirt size I'll ever fit in. Super jealous of you tall girls with thin framework.

LOL. I was one of those "tall girls with a thin framework" most of my life. 6', 155#, 25# waist and size 34A bra. But there was no way I EVER fit into a medium!! (Unless you mean men's medium - yeah, I did wear a lot of those.) I didn't even know that medium was a viable option for tall women. Must be that sizing has changed.
  • Shyrabbit
    Options
    well I'm 5'11 and just starting out i hide my weight pretty well cause i have super long legs and i wear baggy-ish clothes. my biggest areas are my stomach and my boobs!!! i can't wait for my boobs to shrink!!! lol anybody else have this body type?
  • yubyub
    yubyub Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5'10". I currently weigh 236. My goal is 180, and I'll reassess from there. In my mid-20's, I got down to 159 for about 10 minutes. ;) I stayed at 165ish for a while. Looking back at pics from that time, I was too thin. I didn't really exercise, though.

Now, I'll be 35 in 3 months, and I hope to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by then (210) and work my way down.

All of these tall before and after pictures are really inspiring :)
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8.5", so still kinda short compared to you guys, but here is mine

Photoon2011-09-21at17332-1.jpg

You look great! Truly an inspiration to me:-) I'm also 5'8", but still at my starting weight (151.5). I'm wanting to get down to a toned 135.

Can I ask how long it took you and what your workout schedule looked like? Thanks!
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    GREAT idea for a topic!!! I'm a little over 5'9" (I know, a wee bit shorter, but still a tall girl), and I have pics of me at all different weights (and hair colors) on my profile. Please add me if you want a compadre here!

Highest weight (right after I had my daugther Lucy in 2009): 250
    Lowest weight (2005): 135 --- waaaay too small for me
    Healthiest weight (2006): 145 -- when I met my awesome hubby
    GOAL: 145 again!!!
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    Oh CW: 190
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options

OMG WOW. I am also 5'8 and my "goal" is to get to 160 but you just showed me I should aim much lower, its possible and amazing
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" so just bumping this to come back and look at. Thanks for sharing.
  • bevlington
    Options
    So happy I just stumbled across this thread as it's given me the kick up the bum I needed!

I'm 5'11" and currently weigh 204lbs. When I first started my weight loss journey (but pre-MFP) I was 265lbs and had just had my first baby. He's now 16 months and I didn't really attempt to lose any of the weight until early 2011 so I guess I've kept a slow and steady pace for the past year.

For a while now though I've sort of plateaued at the 205 mark but I really want to drop to about 180lbs this year. The before & after photos on here are such an inspiration, so I am going to plough on!

Well done to you all and good luck to everyone still on their road to goal weight! x
  • summonfire
    summonfire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I posted my before after a few days ago here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436225-21lbs-lost-with-photos?error_user_id=5337325&error_username=summonfire

I am 5ft 10, I lost 21lbs - starting weight was 155lbs and current weight is 133.8lbs

Photos are 6 months apart

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg
  • robbiefreeland
    robbiefreeland Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's amazing......Such a different person. Good for you!!
  • gee_gees
    gee_gees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah found girls my height, keep on working hard:flowerforyou:
  • kellykelz86
    kellykelz86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay so happy i found this!! Im 5'10 and i think i want to weigh somewhere between 160-170 I figure it out when I get there.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

You look great! Truly an inspiration to me:-) I'm also 5'8", but still at my starting weight (151.5). I'm wanting to get down to a toned 135.

Can I ask how long it took you and what your workout schedule looked like? Thanks!

I'm actually at like 134 right now. 130 was really hard for me to maintain at, but I just run a lot and lift, but thats it really.

That before picture was from March 2010 and the After is from September 2011... it didn't take me a year and a half with MFP tho. I started MFP when I was 145 and I got down to 130 in 3 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!