Recommendation To Wives and GFs Out There

Options

Replies

• ViolaEverAfter
    ViolaEverAfter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    mine cooked for me. once. in 15 years. after that we mutually decided it would be best if i cooked, he made cheese quesadillas. just one little problem....he used dish soap instead of olive oil.:laugh: have ya ever smelled soap burning on stove? believe me you'll know the smell when/if you ever encounter it! we had friends over too- one of them had taken a few bites before realizing something was oh so very wrong. lolol.
    okay in his defense i did keep the dish soap in one of those tabletop oil or vinegar glass bottles w/ metal top (kwim?) however it was next to sink among the other things ya use to wash dishes. olive oil was always on kitchen counter in big bottle w/ label that manufacturer puts on that says ..well "olive oil" near other stuff commonly used to cook. he had to move that big bottle EVOO out of his way too at some point i had noticed.
    we still joke about that one "oh i get it! you were trying to cook and wash the pan at same time! why has no one ever thought of that time-saver before? brilliant!" :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

A for effort
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    man if my husband cooked I would kiss him and prob lick the plate and he would possibly get lucky that night lol

THIS!!!:drinker:
  • JennysMan
    Options
    man if my husband cooked I would kiss him and prob lick the plate and he would possibly get lucky that night lol

THIS!!!:drinker:

Unfortunately, THIS never happens. C'est la vie.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that. That was just plain rude. You should totally Dutch oven her later.

LOL!!!!^^^^ Totally agreed!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Ok, if it wasn't a stomach ailment, and she isn't temporarily possessed by evil aliens from another planet then there is no excuse for that behavior. Sorry :(
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Jenny was being a little *****.
    -wtk
  • jenlikesfood
    Options
    You should divorce her.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Karma.....
    Just curious what "karma" you're wishing on your wife...........
  • JennysMan
    Options
    Not "wishing" any karma at all. Just saying it happens.
  • jenlikesfood
    Options
    Yes. Karma also happens to men who cheat on their wives through MFP, too.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My husband is a great cook, while I do most of it, he still usually cooks a meal or two each week. However, I draw the line at the sausage patty he "cooked", but when I cut it in half it was red on the inside. Back to the frying pan it went. We always make sure to thank the other one for cooking when we sit down for dinner. We're trying to ingrain in our sons to always be respectfull of others and to not take anything for granted.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Huh? Are you his "jen" and you're ticked off about his post? I'm not really understanding your jabs if not.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    So random.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Guess my wife is lucky then...............I do ALL the cooking (along with cleaning, laundry, yardwork, etc). And I never complain about it because I actually like doing it. Tonight, short ribs (in my marinade), some rice and vegetables of choice (tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber).

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Guess my wife is lucky then...............I do ALL the cooking (along with cleaning, laundry, yardwork, etc). And I never complain about it because I actually like doing it. Tonight, short ribs (in my marinade), some rice and vegetables of choice (tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber).

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    \

Yup pretty lucky!
  • macpatti
    Options
    You forgot to add what a humble guy you are, too.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I clean when I am bored. I can cook. I have not developed a "cook to taste" ability yet. But give me a recipe and I can follow it without issue.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. My husband is super picky. He's learned over the years that if he doesn't like it to get up and make himself a grilled cheese, lol. Its honestly nice when he travels.....the kids are happy with cereal or soup and sandwiches or whatever I make.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Why is this advice only directed at women?

Exactly! And straight women at that. My (female) partner and I (also female) shared the cooking and always try each others' food even now that I'm trying lots of new things and they don't always work out right ;) She just adds cheese or tomato ketchup but she's honest hehe.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

He must be an amazing cheif