Are you a GYM IDIOT?

Options

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

I'm guilty of the makeup thing - but I go to the gym right after work, and I wear makeup to work. Weekend gym seshes = clean face.

This too.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Person who hangs out on a bench while chatting and occasionally lifting a 5 pound weight.

Guys & girls who wear cologne... I'd rather smell your sweat!

Singing or dancing on the treadmill.. yes I have seen it! You can't sing and you certainly can't dance!
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing in a gym... So I qualify as a gym idiot :)

You are so not alone!!!! I have to basically stalk a few people to learn the machines and the free weights. :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Imaginary Lat Syndrome -- wth is this? *LOL*
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    I used to drink a giant gatorade right after doing cardio, I'm glad I kicked THAT habit.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    A gym idiot is when you're at the gym during peak hours and you "claim" the power rack by putting your water bottle and baseball cap down in front of it while you go off and spot some other dude for 10 minutes.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

I've spotted a girl who has started coming to the Combat Class I do. She wears low cut velour tracksuit bottoms with diamante words on the back, a tiny crop top, full face of make-up, fake tan, hair extensions......and she can't even do "jab-cross" properly. Looks ridiculous.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The version of "Gym Idiot" I encounter is when trying to job on the track.

Hating on people who try to job on the track? Everybody's gotta make money somehow.
    You win! Beat me to it! :tongue:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    There are only two types of people that really make me cringe, and one type that makes me chuckle to myself.

Cringe #1 - the person casually walking on the eliptical next to me talking loudly into their cell phone. Please remove yourself from the gym, especially if I can hear you over my headphones.

Cringe #2 - the guy who wants to impress everyone by loading down his bar wtih weights and then lets the weights or machine jerk him around because he's not strong enough to really lift those weights. Dude you're about to hurt yourself in a bad way.

Chuckle - the guy or gal staring at other members of the opposite sex and not paying attention to what they are doing, causing them to trip over something and fall or make a general comedic event occur due to not paying attention at all to what's in front of them.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    A gym idiot is when you're at the gym during peak hours and you "claim" the power rack by putting your water bottle and baseball cap down in front of it while you go off and spot some other dude for 10 minutes.

This is when I "unclaim" it by moving it.

ETA: (Yeah, JJ is that chick. But you probably already knew that.)
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Imaginary Lat Syndrome -- wth is this? *LOL*

The guy with little 14" biceps who holds his arms a foot away from his body like his massive lats are forcing him to walk that way. Like a balloon under each arm.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Person who hangs out on a bench while chatting and occasionally lifting a 5 pound weight.

Singing or dancing on the treadmill.. yes I have seen it! You can't sing and you certainly can't dance!

What is the purpose of wearing perfume on the treadmill? One night I had to walk to the other side of the gym to get away from this one woman. I was able to smell her 5 minutes before seeing her.

At least at my gym, guys do not seem to be bad working out, but the smell of AXE body spray emitting from the locker room could choke a hooker.
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options

Sp1nG:

i hate those chicks who do that just so they can check out the guys in the gym, my exhusband is that guy who takes a shower before and drenches himself with cologne!!! and I have to admit, I have been caught occasionally singing and dancing on the ARC machine. I just can't keep my mouth shut to some songs. ;)
  • imaginec
    imaginec Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amen to that :laugh:
  • tracysway
    tracysway Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    me too. my hair is also curled. At least by the end I'm a sweaty gross mess
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    inconsiderate people who do not wipe their sweat off the seats, seriously??!?

This seriously gets to me!! People that DRIP in puddles all over the floor and all over the machine and then just WALK AWAY without even so much as a quick wipe over....it really upsets me! :grumble:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Sweaty girls are the hotness.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the Jersey Shore guys who wink at themselves in the mirror while they are lifting and point to themselves in the mirror in between sets. Or the guys who lift their shirts up and take pictures of their abs to show off to facebook / the dating site they are on to show their worth.

That last one is probably more jealousy ;)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    full make up face
    earrings . necklaces. chains.etc.
    no cleaning equipment after usage
    people with memberships that dont go
    people who carry around their bag rather than leaving it in the locker room

ahh list cn go on lol