Are you a GYM IDIOT?

Options

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

I don't take the time to wash off my makeup before the gym. Is that a crime?
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I loved seeing the lady at the gym with the oversized t-shirt with the the neck cut out so that the tops of both of her shoulders were exposed. There is no way you have good support in that situation! I'm sure some may have enjoyed it, I did too only because I was laughing at her.

Oh and the other one, the girl who got an enormous rug burn on her shin and bruised both knees because she was talking to her husband and listing to her ipod instead of paying attention and walked onto a treadmill that was empty but on and going pretty fast and then spent what felt like an eternity trying to catch herself by stepping forward on the treadmill while it was flinging her backwards until she finally fell. That girl!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

I don't take the time to wash off my makeup before the gym. Is that a crime?

Yes, forgetting to take off your earrings is also.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wander around telling everyone you're going to gain 40lb of muscle and get cut up at the same time.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

The guy with little 14" biceps who holds his arms a foot away from his body like his massive lats are forcing him to walk that way. Like a balloon under each arm.

I wen't to West Point, where we called that "Cadet Invisible Lat Syndrome"
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

Yes, forgetting to take off your earrings is also.

Well I always take them off. If I don't, I inadvertently end up pulling one out when I try to yank out a headphone to hear someone speaking to me 0.o
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

I'm guilty of the makeup thing - but I go to the gym right after work, and I wear makeup to work. Weekend gym seshes = clean face.

Same here about going after work and when I go on the weekends, it's usually in the afternoon and I've been running errands, so I have makeup on. I'm not a heavy makeup user and don't wear lipstick, so hopefully it's not that obvious that I have it on. Besides, it's all gone by the time I finish working out anyways.

People who "claim" two or three machines so that they don't have to wait between sets, so everyone else has to wait instead.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    OOO...I work at the Y, so I have TONS of theses.

The man's who drops his weights every rep (loudly) but is still grunting like he is working hard.
    The guy who wanted to tune all 3 TVS hooked up the cardio stuff on football even though he wasn't even using the cardio stuff.
    People who leave their weights on the bars (and everywhere else) for me to pick up.
    The girl who works out 4 hours (literally) a day, goes home, barely eats 1k cals and wonders why she's not losing weight.
    The 350 pound woman who spends 8hrs a day here lounging on the couch and trying to give other fitness advice.

The list goes on and on.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Do I sense some jealousy, or maybe some misplaced anger?

If someone is paying their 30-40 dollars a month to go to the gym and stand in clown makeup, I could care less. I am there to work out, if they are affecting my ability to do so, then I get pissed.

I find things rather humorous though; The old men talking to the young women with their balls hanging out, the dudes yelling and getting all into their ability to lift something heavy, the really fat guy giving advice to other people working out etc.

The things that actually affect my work outs that piss me off; not cleaning up your sweat, the *kitten* hole that is running to each punching bag in the room (20 of them) and striking a few and then running laps around the entire room occasionally hitting a different bag every time (just annoying as hell) the people that leave all the gym provided equipment laying around making me move it or put it away so I can use that area and the guys in the basketball court playing 3 on 3 full court, or the guy that is just shooting indicating to me that he has the court first and to give him 15 minutes; really you cannot stand to have one other person shoot to the same basket ? Yeah those affect my workouts, therefore I get pissy and by all means I say something.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    I loved seeing the lady at the gym with the oversized t-shirt with the the neck cut out so that the tops of both of her shoulders were exposed. There is no way you have good support in that situation! I'm sure some may have enjoyed it, I did too only because I was laughing at her.

some of us don't need much "support" :(
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

YES YES AND YES!!!! And I look how all the guys flock to her even though she's lifting 5 lbs and I'm lifting 20. I'm no there to pick up dates, but guys.. seriously? You think she's skinny because she's healthy and fit.. it's called good genes.:grumble:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    Do I sense some jealousy, or maybe some misplaced anger?

Oh I sense some jealousy. Definitely.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The guy with little 14" biceps who holds his arms a foot away from his body like his massive lats are forcing him to walk that way. Like a balloon under each arm.

HAHA!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ever notice the person driving around the parking lot looking for the closest spot possible? They came to workout, why do you need a front row spot?
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Ever notice the person driving around the parking lot looking for the closest spot possible? They came to workout, why do you need a front row spot?

I do that when it's effin' cold.
  • telepathy1994
    telepathy1994 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the epitome of a gym idiot.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    This is a funny thread on BB.com that is 6 years old and 8k+ replys, lets see what you consider a gym idiot.

if you drop any dumbell under 55lbs your a gym idiot even although some lifts there is not reason to drop weight at all
    Screamers that you can hear over your head phones
    People who do curls in the squat racks
    Lets hear what you got

My biggest pet peeve:

Holding Onto Treadmill Bars For Dear Life As They Crank The Treadmill As Fast As It Will Go

if you have to hang onto the treadmill bars then you're not working out, you're being dragged.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    A gym idiot is when you're at the gym during peak hours and you "claim" the power rack by putting your water bottle and baseball cap down in front of it while you go off and spot some other dude for 10 minutes.

In my gym there is a guy that claims THREE power racks for 20 minutes - each with different weights set, so he can do his "special magic routine" - and then he rests two minutes between jumping accross to the next rack - plenty of time to change weights on one rack!!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options

hahaha there is a huge gym near me that has escalators out front instead of stairs WTF is that about?
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Imaginary Lat Syndrome -- wth is this? *LOL*

Hey my bi's are only 14'', gonna have to add sunday to curl day no