Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Because I would love to eat everything in the form of a sandwich and I don't keep bread that large handy. I also don't keep that many fresh vegetables prepped in my fridge. And the mom and pop sandwich in this one horse town is over priced and bland. They also use frozen patties and fries and unidentified chicken bits called nuggets. They're not much better than fast food. If there were a decent sandwich shop or cafe here I'd dump Subway in a heart beat.beat
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Damn. I killed a thread again "/. I guess this one deserved to die anyways.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I cant eat Subway unless I get double meat. Im more of a Quiznos guy. I like meat. oh crap, thats what she said.
  • EbonyEthereal
    Options
    Subway is not where it's at. Publix IS where it's at.
    A Publix ultimate w/ provalone cheese kicks Subway's @ss up and down the street. I don't care how cheap Subway's subs are, lol.
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    I probably eat Subway once every 3 - 4 months. I don't eat at "regular fast food" places because the fried foods upset my stomach, but when we go out and I haven't had much to eat we will stop by Subway and get a sandwich. Usually its a 6 in. turkey on wheat with lettuce, 1 tomato cut in half, a few pickles and bell peppers. I also eat oddly, I like to pick it apart and eat it. No need to go into details, lol. I think if you are going to pick up something quick Subway is the better option. But like most things "Moderation is key", Eating it everyday for every meal is just horrid.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Once again it all comes down to the choices you make. I have a 6" Sweet Onion and Chicken Teriyaki, no cheese, toasted, with onion and olives and sweet onion sauce. Not bad for 360ish calories, sometimes I'll go for double meat and make it 500 calories. Nice, tasty, low fat option. You don't have to have cheese, you don't have to have meatball marinara/high fat options, you don't have to have high fat sauce/relish, and if you don't want the carbs, you don't have to have the sub, make it a salad.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I've only ever been to Subway once in my life, weirdly enough in Madrid, Spain.

And I'm not tempted to go back anytime soon... ;)
    Though a lot of my colleagues love their lunch deals (especially their soft drinks combo, which I couldn't care less about).
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

**Obviously this question hit a sore spot with some people. I am not judging people food choices, it is a legit question.

I am guessing cause it's easier/faster/cheaper than making your own sandwich (possibly).
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Had one once, don't know what the fuss is about. It was sort of okay I guess, but nowhere near as nice as something I'd put together myself.

My attitude to meals outside the home have changed a lot over the years, these days if it's not significantly better than something I could prepare myself, I'm not interested in paying for it.

Agreed
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    damn it, all I want now is a Subway. I don't give a rats *kitten* why people make their food choices, that's their business. I'll make mine my way, you all make yours your way - sounds like a good plan to me!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food. Just can't justify eating it anymore and it makes me feel really sick. :/
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    it gets me where i have to go.

I laughed :laugh:

Subway is a slightly better alternative to a greasy fast food hamburger or whatever.

JM
  • happyhiram
    Options
    This was an entertaining thread. Good job, everyone. (Even you, OP.)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an argument why I'm obsessed with it but I love just one sandwich from subway and eat it all the time on most days. My MFP friends knows I love subway and if I don't eat it one day lol then they are surprise sometimes when I don't. But then I can tell no one comments on my diary as much anymore because it's always subway lol.. My diary is pretty boring now. But I love just one sandwich there.
  • mamalula
    Options
    I am sorry but Subway is absolutely disgusting! I ate one once a while ago and I took one bite and chucked it straight into the bin. I don't know if they are different in the US but the one I ate in the UK was horrible. I just don't understand how it is so successful apart from using mass produced food full of sugar and salt and slave labour. I don't think it takes that long to make your own sandwich and it's gotta taste better than that *kitten*!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I haven't had subway in years but I don't mind it. It's certainly not the best hoagie you can get. What I do like about it is that you can pile on all kinds of veggies most hoagie shops won't have (green peppers, olives, etc). But, I don't care for how soft the bread is. I would hit Wawa before Subway.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Seeing a trend here of folks in the UK complaining about bad taste, bad smells and poor service at Subway. This may very well be a difference in how they are run and the ingredients used, compared to the States.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just want to see how long we can keep this post going...."you suck" "quit judging me" "I'm just curious and was asking a question you twit" "I like subway's to go to work" "why can't you just answer without being rude" "being rude is why I get up in the mornings".....

I'm getting Subway (or Blimpie's) for lunch today, and I like the smell of the bread.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    mmmm....chicken & bacon ranch with jalapenos........ ::drool::
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I get the sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich on flatbread. (There are fewer calories in some of their breads but I love the flatbread so much) I love it and it is quick. I eat very little sodium on a regular basis so I am not really worried when I overdue it every once in a while. I do find it to be better than McDonalds in many ways. Subway to me feels like I ate semi right McDonalds feels like I have given up on myself. I once read an article that it was healthier to eat a burger and small fry from McDonalds than eat one of their salads so I try to stay away from them entirely. I think there is little harm in most foods if you eat it in moderation and that is what people forget....Moderation is key. :-)