MAY "No Late Night Snacking" Challenge

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Way to go ildi007 and dewdrop!:flowerforyou:
    Thanks dewdrop for being my best supporter. I did make it through last night (my new Day 1) and I stayed within my calories for the first time in a long time. :happy: I wonder if that's why the scale finally moved a little in the right direction. :laugh: The ticker doesn't show it since it's still set to my original weight, but that will just give me even more incentive to stick with this.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    Like dewdrop, I wonder what happened to grammymax, Wanda and Kirsti and some of the other regulars. Please check in now and then and let us know what you're up to.
    Zaza
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I have made it through 2 nights!!!!! :smile: I don't know if I can go for 3. What helps you not snack at night? I need some advice!!!!!!
  • phatphanny
    phatphanny Posts: 90
    Options
    Just checking in once again..Zaza way to go on sticking with this...you have no idea how many people look forward to your threads, encouraging remarks and just the perserverance. Awesome...as far as my "late night snacking goes..." I have had the odd apple or fiber one bar in the wee hours of the morning (out in the barns foaling)...but only 2 more mares left to foal and I will be sleeping a full night...WOW...welcome to all the newcomers. This is a great "accountable" thread that helps break the "late night snacking" syndrome that alot of us suffer from.
  • zaza54
    Options
    I dont' know how you do it phatphanny, but it must be thrilling to help new life into the world! You've been very disciplined about the eating - great job.

fitgal411, congrats to you too. One day at a time. You can do this!!!
    What has heloped me is to go upstairs to my bedroom after my cut-off time and to watch tv there. If I remember, I try to floss and brush my teeth then. I have also done teeth whitening on occasion when I think of it. I also think about the challenge - and not wanting to report that I fell off the wagon. So that also motivates me (sometimes:ohwell: ) Also, I notice that my weight loss ticker moves in the right direction as soon as I stop late night snacking. So, stick with it!! :happy: Good luck.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    phatphanny, so nice to see you around!

I made it through my first night and actually did not have anything after dinner, which was at 7p.m. Yeah! :drinker:
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I made it another night! I did have a glass of OJ "after time"- 8pm for me-, but I'm still about 70 calories under my goal, AND I also worked out (now that's new...LOL)
    I might have to adjust my time next month as here (in Alaska) the sun sets very late now (I get the 9 pm sun in my living room) and we are out and about later than in winter time.

My kiddo slept through most of the last 3 nights and it sure made the difference. I like to think (since there's no real explanation why she cries or not) that this time she got better because of all the kind thoughts you all sent.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    "GASP"!!!!!!! 3 nights!!!!!!

P. S. I know some of you are like, so what? She's making such a big deal out of not snacking at night for only a few days. Well, it's a big deal for me.:blushing:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Congratulations ladies!
    fitgal411, I agree with you - 3 nights is a big deal. You're doing great. I'm right behind you; I'm happy I made it through 2 nights.:smile:
    Dewdrop, you're on the right track too. That's wonderful, especially since you started the original thread several months ago. Thank you, thank you for getting us all started.:flowerforyou:
    Am going to take a short walk before it gets too hot.
    Have a good Memorial Day week-end everyone.
    Zaza
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's great news, ildi007. Glad to hear it!:drinker:

Meanwhile, I'm starting over tonight. Maybe I can get through the last week of May.:tongue:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Ildi, hurray!!! :flowerforyou: Tell your girl how special she is - so happy she's doing better.
    fitgal, oh, no, it IS a big deal. I always report here my success. We're taking it one day at the time.
    Zaza, thanks! :flowerforyou:

I just wanted to mention that since I'm making weekend plans, I might allow myself 9:30 as cut-off for Saturday (still 9 p.m. for food, but I should be allowed to finish a drink :wink: , even if it's going to have some cals in it :blushing: ).

So far, for the first two nights, I had nothing past dinner, which was at 7ish. It's been a challenge, I have to say.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Didn't go out last night :cry: , so I could challenge myself again at not having anything after dinner, which was again at 7p.m.. If I'll manage to do the same tonight, it'll be my 4th night and I'll officially lower my cut-off to 7:30p.m. on regular days.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning-
    The bad news is I went over my calories yesterday, but the good news is I've made it thru 4 nights on this challenge. Yeay!! I am very happy abut that.:happy:
    Dewdrop - very impressive about last night. But, don't be too hard on yourself - you do have to live and go out occasionally. Just adjust accordingly.
    Have a great day everyone (doesn't look too nice here and I think I hear a rumble of thunder) and be good tonight!
    Zaza
  • phatphanny
    phatphanny Posts: 90
    Options
    Awesome job Dewdrop and Zaza!!!! I can't wait to get back into a "normal" routine again- haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks but I haven't been doing extra exercises either. I find the "no late night snacking" challenge is getting to be more habit now and am putting things down instead of in my mouth. Keep up the great work everyone...I will be back on the challenge the first of the month!!!!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Will be glad to see you regularly in June phatphanny. I love the picture on your weight loss ticker!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    OK, so I somehow blew it last night. To put a long story short, I'm staying with 9p.m. as official cut-off and taking 7p.m. as personal cut-off. That is to say, if hunger hits me at 9, I can grab something, since I'm going to bed the earliest at 11pm anyhow.

Resetting the counter today :glasses: .
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm doing really good on my calories and weight, but going over my time, (because I started to work out with the WII in the evenings when kids are sleeping...That's a "yeay" for me, but it sets back some of the eating-drinking) So, In June, I will have to set my time for later...For now, although I started with 8 pm, I will do 9 pm and don't claim that "I did it".

Thanks for all the support from you!:happy:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    I made it thru 6 nights. :happy:
    I've found that having a 9:30 cut-off time is the most realistic time for me, especially with daylight savings and the fact that I rarely (never) go to bed before 11:30 or midnight.

Good luck with your adjusted times dewdrop and ildi007. Makes sense.
    Have a good day all.
    Zaza
  • leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    well i am bummed! i went so long without going past my cut off time and last thursday (may 21st) i was sick all day and didn't eat, but then at the end of the day got a little better so i ate soup and bread about an hour past my cut off time. :sad: i wasn't going to do it, but my stomach just felt really acidic so i felt as though i needed a little something on it. anyways i am starting over tonight. i am trying to not to beat myself up over it too bad, but just bummed that i had done so well for so long and had to mess up my goal. anyways great job to everyone else!! i hope you all are doing well!

204360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • dewdrop
    Options
    anyways i am starting over tonight. i am trying to not to beat myself up over it too bad, but just bummed that i had done so well for so long and had to mess up my goal. anyways

Don't you even dare start over, leslier! :angry: :mad: :explode: You've made the right decision, eating soup after being sick. I would've been upset to hear you starved yourself, just cos it was past your cut-off time. So keep on as if nothing happened! This way, the challenge is worth it. The worst thing is that you give up, because one night, the circumstances pushed you to making an exception. Plus, you didn't stuff your face with Mars chocolate that night, did you? Were the following nights good?

So keep on :flowerforyou: :smooched: How many days did you manage? :glasses: And are you better now? (from bein sick that day, I mean)

I haven't been a good girl :blushing: , but hope June will be better for me :smile: . I'm trying to get my mind ready for the new month :smile: . How's everyone else?

ildi007, I must say this again, you are one special lady! :flowerforyou: And I'm pretty sure that your life is whole less messier than you see it. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I think he best I have done this month was 12 days... and I have done really bad... Like tonight even. I started by making pizza from scratch... for toppings I used artichokes and mushroom with a white sauce (also from scratch so my son could eat it too) and just a little mozzarella cheese. Then I baked 3 different types of cookies and I had to try each one in both batter and cooked form. (They were also allergen free). I have been awful this month. I will try again tomorrow.