For the guys ... how's a girl to know?...

Options

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    We are pretty simple compared to most women...if we are interested, you will probably know it. Don't be afraid of being too direct though if you think he is the shy type...ask ;)
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he is shy and possibly slightly intimidated that you are a little older, he possibly wants you to take the lead. The next time you are flirting I would suggest moving in for a kiss and if he kisses you back then you know....

Good luck, A ;-)
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I push her to the ground and call her stupid

oohhh swwooonnn
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Put it thiis way: If you have to ask, he isn't into you. They make it pretty clear when they are.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Put it thiis way: If you have to ask, he isn't into you. They make it pretty clear when they are.

its always about the gap
    :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

its always about the gap
    :huh:

Ya either got it or you don't. ;-)
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    He is friends with so many "perfect" looking girls.

And you're sure he's not gay right? :-)
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    He is friends with so many "perfect" looking girls.

And you're sure he's not gay right? :-)

As far as I know, lol. I know he's had girlfriends.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I usually have my best friend tweet her best friend and have her best friend pass it along on FB.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I usually have my best friend tweet her best friend and have her best friend pass it along on FB.
    The modern version of the grapevine game.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

This. Hahahahaha
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    And is always "adjusting" himself around me ... this is supposed to be a sign? lol.

Careful there... that could be a sign that you don't want to go anywhere near what is being adjusted. :wink:

I'd be careful about that 10 year difference too. More out of concern that you are possibly in very different places in life. (You ready to be settled and possibly in a hurry for kids... him still in party mode? Not saying that is where you are - but to consider things like that.)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy his company, continue to stay friends with him. You've made it easy enough for him that if he had those feelings, he'd come forward. The fact that he blushed tells me he's a little immature and needs to grow up some. Anyway, don't push it unless you don't want to just stay friends. I doubt the all or none is what you're looking for though...

Well ... he is 10 years younger then me. Is that bad? lol.

No, not bad at all. Years are a number, not a maturity. Just realize you might be on two different paths.

EDIT: Yes, you are good enough.
  • ange0628
    ange0628 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you are going to have to ask him...I know it seems impossible right now but it is better to know and stay friends, then dragging it out and thinking he likes you and getting excited ....and then if he does not have those romantic feelings for you it will hurt more because you got your hopes up....
    make sense?
    you have told him how you feel, youve waited...he is still flirting and texting so ask him....maybe something cute like:
    "so when are you gonna take me out on a date?" and then you will know and hopefully not be too akward :)

and @ TRAV, I knew you were on my list for a reason, HAHA
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't see it lasting for the long term but you should have as much fun as you can. Enjoy that new body of yours (and his). Teach him a thing or two!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I push her to the ground and call her stupid

seriously. what are we, in third grade? any guy that tells you he likes you is socially inept and doesn't know how to date or woo a girl.

you know how i tell a girl i like her? "would you like to have dinner with me? some place nice, just the two of us." usually the girl gets the really subtle hint that i am asking her out on a date.

:-)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    The fact that you were brave enough to put yourself out there is awesome! I could never tell a guy I liked him - and I'm sure I've missed out on many opportunities because of it - so seriously that is awesome.
    I think that if he liked you back, he would have said something right there like "I like you too." He is probably just interested in you as a friend. Don't let it get you down! You will find someone awesome!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Ask him and he will tell you? If you can't figure out if he likes you or not, he probably doesn't though!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the posts and not a dude, however if a guy likes you, he'll tell you...ask you out whatever.
    If they don't o'well...move along.

After a string of bad boyfriends, I realized I always did the asking...I always pursued...wow that worked out great for me.
    I won't ask a man out anymore. I may initiate conversation but that's it. If he's interested, he'll ask....goes back to that whole hunter gathers thing :laugh:
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Liking and being friends are not exclusive of each other. You have to be friends firsts and you probably won't be if there wasn't some thing there first. For me, the need to spend more time together is my first sign. If I don't eant to let a week go be without her and start plotting reasons to see her more, that's the deal