5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I am new to all of this even though I have done WW in the past!

I am 5ft 6 and want to get down to 133lbs which is 9 and a half stone. I current weigh 216lbs but have been down to 10 stone before ending up in an abusive relationship and piling it back on.

Anyone please feel free to add me and we can motivate each other on the way!!

Natalie

xx
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 ft 5. My diabetic dietitian told me that 140 would be a good weight, so that is my goal. I might try to get to 130, but I will be very happy to be at 140.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    my mum is 5'5 and currently 140 and looks great so I'm aiming for 145/140 - going to get there and see :)
    if i get to 150 I'll have lost 100lbs so I'd be happy regardless :)
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am 29 years old and 5 ft 5 and my goal is 120, that is my VERY fit weight. I do have a small frame as well. I am currently 155 and just had a baby 4 months ago so I am working on losing that pregnancy weight now. Good luck to you! :)
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" currently at 203 from 210. My trainer has set my goal at 160 lbs. I can't even imagine what that looks like since I haven't been there in over 20 years. Reading you guys posts, seems that @ 130 is more popular.

Well us black women are built a little different than everyone else... So when I tell people I am 226 lbs no one ever believes me and say I look MUCH smaller.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 and would like to be 140
  • mebras3775
    Options
    I want to be between 125-130
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am approximately 5'5" and my current weight is 147.7 lbs,

I feel that it is more important to base your goal weight on being a healthy weight for your height and weight. That is my goal - to be smack bang in the middle of being healthy for my weight and height range - BMI (Body Mass Index).

For a person who is 5'5" and weighs 140 lbs - that would be a perfect goal weight as that is right in the middle of the BMI healthy range as it totals 23.3 BMI. But anywhere from 120 - 147 lbs is in the normal range for our height.

BMI Categories:
    Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

• green_king
    green_king Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5ft 4. My goal is 115lbs and I'm about 125lbs right now. I'm not as bothered about the overall weight its more problem areas, like tummy fat, chubby face and arms. I'm working out 30-40mins a day and eating approx 1200 cals, but need more ideas on how to target these specific areas. I do sit ups etc but does anyone have tips on toning arms/loosing weight from your face? My big problem is back fat/love handles... does anyone know any tricks to shrink?
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. At 145 I look very fit and I like the way my clothes fit. At 140 my family starts to worry about me.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    120-125 with lots of muscle mass or 115-120 with not as much muscle. I'm 5'5 down from 165lbs to 133 but I think my goal right now is 120. (:

I started at 168. CW is 123 and I'm going for 115. My original goal was 130-135 as well bit I got there and didn't feel done yet.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant i was btw 117-120 and really toned. You can look at my pics. Now I am 8 weeks post partum and am at 125-127. My goal is to be toned again and liked to be at 120 again.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5ft 4. My goal is 115lbs and I'm about 125lbs right now. I'm not as bothered about the overall weight its more problem areas, like tummy fat, chubby face and arms. I'm working out 30-40mins a day and eating approx 1200 cals, but need more ideas on how to target these specific areas. I do sit ups etc but does anyone have tips on toning arms/loosing weight from your face? My big problem is back fat/love handles... does anyone know any tricks to shrink?

What types of workouts are you doing? You can't spot reduce fat the only way to get rid of those problem areas is to lower your body fat %. Try doing circuit training that incorporate a cardio exercise like jumping jack, burpees and also strength training.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd love 155 but 160 is probably more realistic. There's no freaking way I would be able to maintain under 155 nor would I want to. 160 I'm a size 8/10 and happy with that.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.5" and my goal is 160. I have a large build, so I think that may be right for me, we will see when I get there....
  • dawniedawn
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I am targeting 140. My ideal weight would be 132 though. Good luck!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    well i plan on getting down to 140 :D

what are you weighing at the moment? thanks for the add

i weigh 180 atm (ugh) and have been stuck here since the summer. your welcome!

What was your starting weight? You can do it, just stay positive. We all have bad days and good days (today, yesterday and the day before were all bad days), i find it so hard to stay under my 1420 daily calorie goal!! But we can do it!! Do you come on here every day?

starting weight was 180 lol! thats when i started mfp and started watching cals. every so often i lose a couple of lbs every so often but it always comes back up to 180...joy. I find it hard to even get to 1000 cals these days! yes we will do it! yup I'm on a lot i have the app so i update pretty often. but i can't get on the boards from the app #sux

Maybe your losing inches instead of weight. Have you measured yourself?

yeah i have and i did lose a couple of inches offa my waist :)
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I am 5'4" so my comment might matter or not matter. (An inch isn't that different, is it?!) I was 104 before xmas (107 now - too much to eat that week haha) and I still was not satisfied. To be honest I feel like 100 is going to be a good size... if not lower. Not sure how much I will weigh when I start weight training but being 104 and not much muscle I still have flab.
  • kylexii
    kylexii Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm currently trying to get to 125lbs. That's what I always used to weigh but I wasn't ever toned. The lowest I've gone is 117lbs and I still wasn't "too skinny" so we'll see where I eventually end up :P
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    Typically at 5 ft 100 pounds then add 5 pounds for every inch so 5' 5" would be 125 pounds. I'm 5'7" and a good weight for me is between 138-140.
    It must depend on the person and physical condition. I am also 5'5", and I when I was under 130 lb, I was too skinny in an unhealthy way. I would like to maintain my weight between 135 and 145. When I was looking my best, I was in that range.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!