Shred/Couch to 5k hybrid

Options

Replies

• jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's taken me all week to recover from shred day one/level one :sad: today is week 4 day 3 of c25k and i need to stop mfp-'ing and go do it!

Great job getting that far on the c25k. I have started a few times and never gotten that far. This time is IT! I WILL do this!

Thanks! It isn't easy but it helps to have a cheer squad! :drinker: Just keep telling yourself one day at a time and it's only 20 minutes (for now!)
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr old son and I are doing the shred and C25k. We started the c25k, but got derailed at Christmas. So, we are starting over with Week 2 tomorrow. We did the shred tonight for the first time (DS came in on the last 10-15 minutes). DS is now repeating the shred with DH, whilst I sit on the computer feeling like I am going to throw up. Pretty funny. :D Kids are great motivators.

Our schedule will be:
    C25K on Sat, Sun and Thurs
    Shred on Tues, Wed and Fri
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Hey is it ok if I join you guys? I know I'm late but I'd like to do the 30 day shread :3
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Please join us! We welcome all comers.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did c25k last night. Since it was day 4 on week one, I did the first half week one and the second half week 2.
  • breesensei
    Options
    Im doing a c5k/7 weeks to 100 pushup hybrid (;
    good luck with yours, and what is shred? ive been hearing about it and it seems pretty intense:drinker:
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    The Shred (30 Day Shred) is a workout video by Jillian Michaels. It is intense. There are 3 Levels (10 days to do each Level). It can be found at Wal-mart, Target, Amazon, etc...

Good Luck to you!

I got in a run/walk last night and hope to get one in this evening.
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1 finished.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i am on C25K Week 3, Day 3 and i actually alternate with many of Jillian's workouts, but 30DS is my favorite! I just did her Extreme Shed and Shred Workouts 1 and 2 yesterday and truly felt like i was going to die - it was wonderful! :)
    I found that i really enjoy doing her Yoga Meltdown on days that i run ~ it helps get me stretched out and tone a bit.
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    Shred L1, D4
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    great idea!! i've just started running again and was thinking about alternating in the shred for some toning as well- i might not be able to do it as often as y'all are but would love to follow along! best of luck!
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    great idea!! i've just started running again and was thinking about alternating in the shred for some toning as well- i might not be able to do it as often as y'all are but would love to follow along! best of luck!

Come along! We'd love to have you!
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    i am on C25K Week 3, Day 3 and i actually alternate with many of Jillian's workouts, but 30DS is my favorite! I just did her Extreme Shed and Shred Workouts 1 and 2 yesterday and truly felt like i was going to die - it was wonderful! :)
    I found that i really enjoy doing her Yoga Meltdown on days that i run ~ it helps get me stretched out and tone a bit.

That is a great suggestion. I have Yoga Meltdown, but have never tried it.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did Day 4, Level 1 of the Shred last night. Looking forward to my run/walk today, but it has to wait until after all of my appointments are done:grumble:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    C25k Week 2, Day 2

My calves are killing me!
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    week 5 day 2 done. next one is the big one!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L1, D5
  • Katetastrophe
    Options
    I did week 2, day 2 of C25k last night and L1 D5 of the Shred tonight.
  • _itsB_
    _itsB_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im up for the challange :)

C25k starts tomorrow !!
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Ooh this is interesting for me. I am on second week of C25K and just took delivery this week of my 30 Day Shred DVD. I would like to alternate both, but I think I will just be doing the C25K for a few weeks for now and then start adding in the shred. I did look at it yesterday after day 2 week 2 but I knew I wasn't going to manage it so put it away. I don't want to overdo it and mess up the C25K but I'm hoping in a few weeks I will feel strong enough to add it in. My jog days are Monday/Wed/Friday at the moment.