5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm looking to get down to 130. Ideally, I want to work towards 125.
  • smontalvan
    Options
    My goal is 145 (high school weight) but a great weight is 130-135
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6" and my goal is 125........
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is set at 135lbs, but have no idea if that is the magic figure to be at - I may look too skinny for my build so will see when I get there. Am 164lbs at the moment.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Typically at 5 ft 100 pounds then add 5 pounds for every inch so 5' 5" would be 125 pounds. I'm 5'7" and a good weight for me is between 138-140.

I feel like whomever invented this, wanted everyone skinny.
  • Achristine96
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal is 128-130(:
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    130-135
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 currently 135. I am not to concerned with the actual number... I am shooting for 20% or less body fat. I have a small frame, so 120 is pretty reasonable for me. I have the unfortunate pear shape build, so I have to get down fairly low before I am able to start seeing muscle definition in my legs and calfs. However, once I reach 140 you can see my collar bone and the bones in my chest. It really depends on how you carry your weight and your lean muscle mass. Good luck to all my 5'5 girls!
  • crixmix
    crixmix Posts: 30
    Options
    My GW is 125. I'm more concerned with measurements though, I want 26 waist and 36 hips. I was that measurement at that weight....but well see where Im at when I get there. Having babies changes everything I thought I knew bout my body, so I may be in for even more surprises. ;)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and plan on being 125 - 135. i also have an hourglass figure so when i get to 150 i plan on seeing how i feel then and if I think i should go lower I will.
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion! But i think it depends do you want to look healthy or skinny? I am 5'4 and want to get down to 155 no lower than 147:0) At least thats what i think will look good:0)
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Typically at 5 ft 100 pounds then add 5 pounds for every inch so 5' 5" would be 125 pounds. I'm 5'7" and a good weight for me is between 138-140.

I feel like whomever invented this, wanted everyone skinny.

Yeah - my mom always used to quote that at me when I was growing up (I'm 5' 5"). Made me feel like I was overweight, even when I weighed 140 pounds.

My target is set to 135 right now, because I was there once as an adult and I felt awesome! However, I will be thrilled to get to 150 or 145.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 135-140, but I really have no clue how I'd feel if I actually reached that goal. Ideally, had I never been big, I'd probably want to weigh in the low 120s.
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    I am also 5'5'' and id loose to see myself in the 120s by my 23rdhouse birthday 4/3. Really just wanna feel good though :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    135. That's actually my heaviest "slim". I weighed 105 before my first child, 115 after, 125 after my 2nd and was 135 when I got pregnant with my 3rd baby. If I can make it back to 135, I'll be pretty happy.

Actually, inches mean more to me than pounds. I still need to lose 4-5" on my hips and at least that on my waist. Do that and I'll be deliriously happy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Starting weight was 160#, and my initial goal was 135# and I was happy when I got there, but lost another 5# pretty effortlessly. Then wanted to get a little leaner for Halloween, because I have strange priorities and had a pretty bare costume, and got just below 126#. Since then, I've gained about 4-5# back, but my size and measurements are the same, so I no longer care about what the scale says. Currently maintaining. Actually, currently not caring about maintaining or logging because I'm recovering from a stress fracture, and it's annoying enough to not be able to exercise without limiting my food, too. It would be worth the 3-4 pounds I might gain in the next few weeks to not feel deprived. :tongue:

Last time I lost weight (by eating way too little) at 130#, I wore a size 8 misses or 9 juniors. This time, I'm in a 4 misses and 5 juniors. And, no, it's not a matter of vanity sizes because I still have those old jeans and they're huge on me. In fact, I can wear a pair of jeans I wore 20 years ago when I weighed about 110#. Preserving muscle is a wonderful thing. :smile:
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    I am also 5'5'' and id like to see myself in the 120s by my 23rd birthday on 4/3. Really just wanna feel good though :)
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get to 145 but my goal for this year is 160. I haven't seen anything less than 140 since middle school, lol! But, I also carry a lot of muscle and, um, a couple other heft endowments.
  • Elizabeth2point0
    Options
    I'm actually not looking to lose any weight (I'm 113lbs), I intend to gain muscle and have a killer body. My weight will probably go up as I get fit..
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is 110- 115lbs and I'm about 125lbs at the moment.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is looking to get around that weight.

I weighed 110-115 for years before my big depression. I never looked "too skinny" at that weight, and it was really perfect for me. I have a very small frame with wide hips. Even at 120-125 I look big. Not as big as I do at 140, but still have flub.

So here's to wanting to lose 30 pounds and get back to 110-115. It feels so daunting sometimes. But I can do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!