Men...Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?

Options

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering...exactly who men are trying to impress? A woman gets a man alone, and he's sweet and listens and is (usually) not an *kitten*. Suddenly his male friends come up and it's a complete turn around. He acts like a jerk, treats a woman like some kind of toy that he's lost interest in, and does things on purpose to piss her off just so his guy friends can have a laugh at it. I see the same in the gym even. I was doing some weight training and a guy was talking to me, being supportive, and another guy passed by, asked him what he was up to, and he says "Just trying to get this woman past being pathetic." Pathetic? :explode: What ever happened to "You're doing great!"?? Now for those men who are not gay (and nothing against gays, just this doesn't apply to them), why is it that you seem to be trying to impress males more than females? To be frank and blunt, if it's us females you want to hook up with and make a good impression, shouldn't you at least wait to be an *kitten* until we're gone? So why do men do this? Who are you trying to impress?

Real Men don't act like that....but boy's do........
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering...exactly who men are trying to impress? A woman gets a man alone, and he's sweet and listens and is (usually) not an *kitten*. Suddenly his male friends come up and it's a complete turn around. He acts like a jerk, treats a woman like some kind of toy that he's lost interest in, and does things on purpose to piss her off just so his guy friends can have a laugh at it. I see the same in the gym even. I was doing some weight training and a guy was talking to me, being supportive, and another guy passed by, asked him what he was up to, and he says "Just trying to get this woman past being pathetic." Pathetic? :explode: What ever happened to "You're doing great!"?? Now for those men who are not gay (and nothing against gays, just this doesn't apply to them), why is it that you seem to be trying to impress males more than females? To be frank and blunt, if it's us females you want to hook up with and make a good impression, shouldn't you at least wait to be an *kitten* until we're gone? So why do men do this? Who are you trying to impress?

I see the problem. After reading this twice, and noticing no mention of dinner preparation or shoulder rubs, I ask myself "Why did he allow her out of the kitchen?" Obviously he has a problem with control.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    THATS WHY HE IS STILL SINGLE HONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S AN *kitten*>
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    When a guy acts like a big d i c k... he compensating for having a small p e n i s.....
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I've known a LOT of men in my life. Well, I've met a lot of males, and I have to say the majority of them are this way it seems sadly. It really angers me, because I'm NOT one of those girls who will back off. I will say something. It's not even an age thing, like something just a teenager would do. I've seen middle-aged men do it too. Now I know not all men are like this (else I'm sure the human race would've died off by now), but come on...why so many? What does that really get them? Have we women really built a reputation that says "disrespect me, I'm good with it"?

I would say you know boys.

A man would treat you with the same respect around his friends as he would alone.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I think what you've met are @ssholes as opposed to men. They sound very immature and the sort of people I'd expect to see in a movie that involves a frat house (whatever one of those is ;) ).
    Exactly!

I work in an industry that is 93% male, and most of my friends are guys as a result; I don't see this type of behaviour except in one or two guys who I don't like very much. Reason being that they are @ssholes.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    THATS WHY HE IS STILL SINGLE HONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S AN *kitten*>
    I don't see where it said he was single. A little embellishment perhaps?
  • XED_gnarlydog
    Options
    Same reason male birds have more colorful feathers - to impress the females and fight out other males. Some less evolved human males aren't sure what to do with their testosterone fueled ego so they get confused and impress the guys and fight the women.

Reminds me of an old joke: How are men like parking spaces? All the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

...and yup, you guessed it, I am taken. ;)

Have a great day ladies!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    A-holes like that are just trying to protect their virginity.
    LMAO
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have never had something like this happen, but most men I interact with are friends. But if a guy said what he said about you in front of you..... if that was me in that position he would have had his a** handed to him.... totally go for verbal castration.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You have discovered the species Doucheus Maximus Simpleton, a common predator in the gym apex. Doucheus Maximus Simpleton often perform mating rituals that include beating their chest, hooting, frost tipping their hair, and winking at themselves in the mirror. To keep a respectable rank amongst the other Doucheus Maximus that may dwell within the gym apex, they will engage in an act scientists have labeled "douchery".

The higher the social rank of Doucheus Maximus, the more acts of douchery they will commit, which seems to attract the female doucheus minoritis species and allow them to perform coitus upon them.
    lol!
  • SinfulMe
    Options
    I find wimmin' to be of the same make too. I find folks like this amusing and from there - don't waste any further time on them... unless of course I need further amusement.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    He wore an Affliction t-shirt didn't he :laugh:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I don't think all men do this.

But, I have seen this happen, and it is quite humorous.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    He wore an Affliction t-shirt didn't he :laugh:

Tapout.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My 18 year old son acts likes this.. yeah it's a BIG sign of immaturity.. Real men do not behave this way. Ignore the boys and move on.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I did something along those lines once. In Grade 9 when I was 14. I was told off by a female friend and felt about 2 inches tall. I must thank her some day for helping me grow up.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've known a LOT of men in my life.

ORLY?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    That's a huge and inaccurate generalization. I treat my wife as if she is the most important person in myn life. Because she is. And I demand that my friends treat her the same way. And they do. Or they wouldn't be my friends.
  • greg331
    greg331 Posts: 38
    Options
    A-holes like that are just trying to protect their virginity.

Awesome observation!!