Men...Just Who Exactly Are You Trying To Impress?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    That's not the way men behave. That's the way insecure little boys (of any age) behave. Some guys are so afraid of being called p-whipped by their friends that they become d-whipped instead. My ex was like that. He was sweet if it was just the two of us, and an *kitten* around his friends. I thought I hated his friends... turns out I just hated who HE WAS around his friends. :laugh:

When you find a guy who's not like that, he just might be a keeper.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've known a LOT of men in my life.

ORLY?
    ya-srsly001.jpg_thumb.jpg
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It's that whole Mars vs Venus thing. They tell us what we wanna hear (most of the time and if it's a man you dont know on a personal level) and they tell their buddies exactly what they mean in "man language". That man didn't mean to offend you. As far as he's concerned it was an A & B convo and you were letter C. He probably turned around and looked at you and said, "Now where were we?"... and you could've said, "You know, silly, getting past pathetic of course!"
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Insecurity around other males because he is not the Alpha male. Or, all males have two sides the female protector, mating side and the big dawg side and him confrussed...lol.
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You have discovered the species Doucheus Maximus Simpleton, a common predator in the gym apex. Doucheus Maximus Simpleton often perform mating rituals that include beating their chest, hooting, frost tipping their hair, and winking at themselves in the mirror. To keep a respectable rank amongst the other Doucheus Maximus that may dwell within the gym apex, they will engage in an act scientists have labeled "douchery".

The higher the social rank of Doucheus Maximus, the more acts of douchery they will commit, which seems to attract the female doucheus minoritis species and allow them to perform coitus upon them.

LMAO ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^ well said .... whats your species ?
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    A-holes like that are just trying to protect their virginity.

:drinker: :laugh:
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You're talking about boys....not men.

^^This

You need to find some better ranking men .. there are A LOT of great ones out there !
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You have discovered the species Doucheus Maximus Simpleton, a common predator in the gym apex. Doucheus Maximus Simpleton often perform mating rituals that include beating their chest, hooting, frost tipping their hair, and winking at themselves in the mirror. To keep a respectable rank amongst the other Doucheus Maximus that may dwell within the gym apex, they will engage in an act scientists have labeled "douchery".

The higher the social rank of Doucheus Maximus, the more acts of douchery they will commit, which seems to attract the female doucheus minoritis species and allow them to perform coitus upon them.

LMAO ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^ well said .... whats your species ?

I have not determined that yet. We may never know.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're hanging out with *kitten*, not men. That's a shame. My boyfriend would never act like this, because I'd tell him to stop being a fvck and to kick rocks. I don't have time for that sort of behavior.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I have never had something like this happen, but most men I interact with are friends. But if a guy said what he said about you in front of you..... if that was me in that position he would have had his a** handed to him.... totally go for verbal castration.

^^This
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Me personally? No one but myself and the people I love. I have reached a stage in my life were I honestly don't care what people other than that think of me.

The behaviour you describe however isn't a facet of being a man more than it is a measure of being immature or unsure of yourself. Only under confident people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel or look better.

Ditto,

What you are getting is not related to how a "Man" acts. This is how "Boys" or juveniles act!

I am a "Man", "Father", "Husband" and "Son". And I would never speak like that to anyone!

Now, I joke around with my friends. And the jokes can get silly and crewed. But, this is just with people I am very familiar with. Never with an acquaintance.

A quote my father used to use went something like "A man says what he means and means what he says". I hope that you get to meet this version of a man one day.
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My 18 year old son acts likes this.. yeah it's a BIG sign of immaturity.. Real men do not behave this way. Ignore the boys and move on.

I was wondering the age. I have seen boys around my daughters age (18) and early 20s do this too.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Rookie...Still wet behind the ears.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've experienced men the exact opposite of that. They act sweet and so nice in front of people and are different behind closed doors.

Yeah, I'd definitely get up and leave if a guy treated me like that in front of his friends. I don't have a good self-esteem, but hell, I know I'm too good for that childish crap.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Me personally? No one but myself and the people I love. I have reached a stage in my life were I honestly don't care what people other than that think of me.

The behaviour you describe however isn't a facet of being a man more than it is a measure of being immature or unsure of yourself. Only under confident people feel the need to put others down in order to make themselves feel or look better.

Ditto,

What you are getting is not related to how a "Man" acts. This is how "Boys" or juveniles act!

I am a "Man", "Father", "Husband" and "Son". And I would never speak like that to anyone!

Now, I joke around with my friends. And the jokes can get silly and crewed. But, this is just with people I am very familiar with. Never with an acquaintance.

If you were around the friends you cut up with would you still cut up like that when your wife walked up. Would you cut up with your wife the same way. If yes, U da man....
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Have we women really built a reputation that says "disrespect me, I'm good with it"?

Well, I know I haven't because I am treated with respect.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

lol!

LMFAO! I literally almost chocked on my lunch. So funny. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Do all broads make such broad generalizations?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're talking about boys....not men.

Best answer...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Have we women really built a reputation that says "disrespect me, I'm good with it"?

Well, I know I haven't because I am treated with respect.

*high five*