Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I was tired of feeling invisible. Tired of lugging around all that extra weight. Tired of hating how I looked. Tired of hating how I felt. But mostly I was tired of feeling like I was worth more and not having the strength to do anything about it. One day I just decided that I was worth it . . . .

this. although it hasn't helped my social life much, and many days I still feel invisible...but it's getting better.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    So I don't feel like a fat cow or a giant blob on the chair anymore.
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    My health and because I want to look hot.
  • simplymily
    Options
    I want to be able to find something in my closet without changing a gazillion times and most importantly I want to be able to play catch with my 4 year old without running out of breath!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    so I can't look as good at my 20 year anniversary vow renewal as I did at my wedding. I'm planning a beach renewal and will be wearing a super sexy dress. I'm also tired of being so timid in bed.....not because I'm not adventurous, but because I know certain position will make my fat jiggle.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I don't want to carry four 5 lb sacks of flour through my next triathlon
  • seedoubleyou38
    Options
    I do it for my wife and kids, and grand kids (see profile pic) . I want to be around for them for a long time. Plus I want to feel better about myself.
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to be HOT. I want that again!!
  • sbcass
    sbcass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want to purchase only one plane ticket for my trip to Brazil next year.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I really want to have a family - after over 15months of trying I am seeking fertility testing - and I KNOW one of the first things that will be said is "lose weight" so "I have" and "I still am" are now a valid part of my vocabulary..

I want to prove my self wrong - I NEVER saw myself as fit or as athletic. I want to run a marathon in the next couple years.
    I DID get told that I couldnt ride a rollercoaster NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
    I want to turn heads and get told that Im sexy. No more of this "pretty face" business!!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit and healthy, and be the kind of woman I looked up to as a little girl. Also, I want to be an inspiration for my future patients and actually walk how I talk.
  • rhiannon1621
    rhiannon1621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My dad tells me not to bother trying to lose more than 10 kg- and I told him I wasn't born to be fat and he responded with there's no going back now- I'm 25 and I weigh 97kg

Last year I was 25 , and 91kgs. I'm now 73kgs so don't let anyone tell you "there's no going back" :)

I was 98kg when I was 22 - bull$h1t there's no going back! :)

All my reasons are superficial too but that's fine with me, I'm doing this for myself not anyone else!
  • Soraia27
    Soraia27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Because I have a pretty face, and I want my body to match my face :laugh:
  • caramel1920
    Options
    So I can shop at every store, without limitations! So I can be healthy and be able to take care of myself and mother if need be. So I won't hate to look at myself in pictures. So I won't be the fattest person at work. So I won't scan the room to see if I'm the biggest one there. So I can be comfortable in my own skin. So I can love what I see when I look in the mirror everyday. So I can be strong, fit and an inspiration to others. So I can make my family proud. So I can make myself proud. So I can be a cougar!:laugh: So I never have to see the scale go to 300 ever again!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Because I don't wanna die of a heart attack at 46 like my mom did.
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I am around a very long time to be a pain to my partner, Also to live a long live and not wind up like me mom who died in her early 60's and I want to be able to run a 5 K not just walk them

I want to do it for me!!!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Cause I want to look hot in underwear LOL!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pure vanity. All my friends wear size 0 pants but me, 4, or 6.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want to look good in all types of clothes...work clothes...bikinis...lingerie, and even naked!
    I want to hike the hardest trails and spontaneously do pull ups, whatever I feel like, without worrying if my body will agree.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I want to live a better life. I started this journey 3yrs. ago and I still haven't reached my goal but I refuse to give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!