For all the DOG lovers out there~

Options

Replies

• Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sorry LethaSue, when i see someone's clothes covered in dog hair... i think it looks bad. Not very appealing.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    instead of *****ing that the dog isn't trained, train it. it will make your life easier and you may start to understand why people care about animals the way they do. if you are spending time there the dog will associate things with you and you will be able to get it to do things it doesn't currently do in a relatively short space of time, sure it might take a bit of effort in your part but it would be worth it. especially if as you say your MIL is getting old, who's going to look after the dog if she gets sick and has to spend time in hospital, i'd hazard a guess you, in your house, wouldn't it be less stressful if the dog already knew how to behave when around you. and for heavens sake if you say the dog stand in its poo when YOU let it out, why didn't YOU clean its paws
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It's obvious you are not part of my family. Between the 5 of us grown kids and our parents are a total of 27 dogs. And each one of us live by the rule, you hurt one of our dogs and we will hurt you. All of us have house dogs and are part of the family and ours travel wherever we go. They fly on planes and are much better behaved than the screaming kids and the drunk adults. They stay in a carrier underneath the seat and endure inspection through every port we travel. We allow our dogs (a shih tzu and a yorkie) to sit and sleep wherever they want. Actually they share their home wiith us. LOL They are groomed and bathed on a regular basis and sleep with us every nite. Actually if it hadnt been for our oldest dog, I probably wouldnt have been alive today. She came into my life during a very down period and because of her I had a reason to get up everyday and take care of her.

I'm not sure if you are trolling and enjoying people's reactions or if you seriously hate dogs/animals. Honestly I would be very suspicious of a person who actually hated animals. I can understand not wanting one or having one but hate is a very strong word and to categorize one dog (which is not at fault) as all dogs, is simply idiotic. Should we categorize all people based on what you say? I just simply cant put into words the exasperation I feel about what you said and with the hatred behind your words. I feel sorry for you.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am generally not a dog person, I much prefer cats. I was bitten by a loose border collie about 3 years ago so I am frightened of any dog not on alead, so much so that I can't go in a park because I know there will be loose dogs there. However, I do find some dogs to be nice. I like French Bull Dogs because to me they are so ugly they are cute! But I know not one single breed is vicious, just like there is rarely an inheritantly bad dog, just bad owners. I would never own a dog, I just don't care for them enough, and they take up alot of time to train and care for properly. I cannot stand it when people do not walk there dog as often as they should (I believe it should be at least twice a day) because they are too lazy. Don't own a dog if you are not going to care for it.

Incidently, I don't like children either, except for my nephew.

Lastly, someone let their god poo outside the front door of our block of flats yesterday morning and left it there. Gross! It was a dog too, no fox produces THAT MUCH poop.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Sorry LethaSue, when i see someone's clothes covered in dog hair... i think it looks bad. Not very appealing.

Wow, how judgemental can you seriously get?!
    I honestly don't like how a lot of teenage girls these days are getting away with basically underwear in public or guys wearing their pants so low you can see their underwear but I don't go around bashing them for it.

Btw, instead of complaining to the internet maybe you should go complain to your MIL, what are we going to do to help? What are you looking for, sympathy? Cos in all honesty I do not think you are going to find any here!

ALSO, dogs only do what they're trained to do so maybe you should go train your MIL's dog yourself and quit complaining!
  • Contrary03
    Options
    My feelings towards dogs are stronger than dislike, so what word would you like me to use? LOL I appreciate you telling me how to express my own opinion... that's really rich.:drinker:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    My feelings towards dogs are stronger than dislike, so what word would you like me to use? LOL I appreciate you telling me how to express my own opinion... that's really rich.:drinker:
    Well what did you think would happen if you write a dog hater post with the name for all the dog LOVERS in it... we're all gonna be on your side? Really??
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    wow..that is harsh. How can anyone not like dogs? They love you uncondtionally, no matter what, are the best listeners, friends, companions ever. I love dogs....and all animals.
    My thoughts exactly!!!! can not live a day with out my pups!!!
  • Angellore
    Options
    And i don't trust people that treat their pet as their "child"... or someone that let's their dog lick them in the face after sniffing another dogs butt, drinking out of the toilet, and eating out of the garbage. That's just wrong in so many ways!

You know there are people out there who can't have kids, right? Just because you are 'blessed' with human kids, doesn't mean everyone else is so lucky. As for dogs disgusting habits, what about kids? They pick their nose, eat it and then want a kiss. My nephew has pooped so much before that it's leaked out of his nappy and pretty much covered him head to toe in one go! That gross too you know.

I don't own dogs, I don't want to, but I find you to be extraordinarily judgemental.
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a sign in my house for just such people like you. :)

It reads:

"For non pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets:

1. The dog lives here, you don't.

2. If you don't want dog hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my dog a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, she's a dog. To me she's an adopted daughter who is short, hairy , walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly."

Bottom line... if you don't like your mom in laws dog that much, forgo the free babysitting and take your hate elsewhere.
  • Contrary03
    Options
    No need to feel "sorry" for me,... and i'm not looking for sympathy... thanks anyway. I am just merely putting it out there that there are people that do not care for dogs, and stating my opinion. I do appreciate the constructive comments, and think i'll use some of the advice~ like perhaps speaking with my mil about helping to atleast train her pet. It would make things a whole lot easier.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    And i don't trust people that treat their pet as their "child"... or someone that let's their dog lick them in the face after sniffing another dogs butt, drinking out of the toilet, and eating out of the garbage. That's just wrong in so many ways!

You know there are people out there who can't have kids, right? Just because you are 'blessed' with human kids, doesn't mean everyone else is so lucky. As for dogs disgusting habits, what about kids? They pick their nose, eat it and then want a kiss. My nephew has pooped so much before that it's leaked out of his nappy and pretty much covered him head to toe in one go! That gross too you know.

I don't own dogs, I don't want to, but I find you to be extraordinarily judgemental.

My grandma runs a day care centre in her house... once when I was helping out one of the kids smeared poop all over the wall. How is that any different?
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I don't think the problem is your dislike of dogs (and all other animals) in general, but with your approach to the post. As many have said before WHY would you title the post "For all the DOG lovers out there~"??? Just seems you were trying to be inconsiderate or get the masses going.

I also noticed the screen name. Very appropriate.
  • Angellore
    Options
    Just found this on a previous thread by OP:
    I live in a 3rd floor condo~ I was worried about making noise at first, but don't anymore... my neighbors complain about children making noise in the stairwell instead! LOL (We have 3, and underneath us is 4 more)... children are gonna make noise period. I just happen to live in a building where there are several hermit men that hate kids. Wish i had known that before we moved in:( I wouldn't worry about it if i were you... as long as your not exercising at 2am!

So you expect your neighbours to put up with your noisy brats, but you slate people's dogs? Wow, Contrary by name and all that...
  • Contrary03
    Options
    It's people like that that bother me... speaking to another "human" in such a way. Daughter?, really? we're talking about "animals" right?? You clearly hold higher regards for pets than another person. There's something wrong with that. I am a happy, friendly, upbeat person that doesn't insult others for stating their opinions.
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Btw, instead of complaining to the internet maybe you should go complain to your MIL, what are we going to do to help? What are you looking for, sympathy? Cos in all honesty I do not think you are going to find any here!
    [/quote]

Actually I don't think she's here for sympathy. The very fact that she decided to b!tc# about dogs in a post called "For all the DOG lovers out there" really just means she's fitting her screen name. Anyone else notice that her name is "contrary"? She wants to stir people up. It's working. And now I'm done wasting my time on her.
  • Contrary03
    Options
    Yes, i wrote that.. so???
  • cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's amusing that your MIL is good enough to keep your kids with her filthy dog, but her home is disgusting because she allows the dog on the furniture. I guess free babysitting trumps a filthy dog.

BTW, those of us who actually do love dogs don't really care whether you like them or not. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't be welcome in my home anyways.

Kids are gross. They **** in their pants and they constantly have snot and boogers hanging out of their nose.

Bottom line is the dogs live there - you don't. If you don't like it, don't go to their home.
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    181576_10150170172000921_510440920_8877751_8136220_n.jpg

Say hello to Olly, or as we call him, DogBot.

He thinks that Dogs are better than all people (except Daddy of course).
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OK you may hate dogs but this girl loves cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc
This discussion has been closed.