Needing Dessert Every Night

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Cut it out, too much sugar, now and again dark chocolate in my opinion much better
  • hermightychelle
    hermightychelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like to toss my Hershey Kisses in the freezer then when I get a hankering for something sweet I'll suck on a few of them. That makes them last just a little bit longer.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with a small squirt of chocolate syrup = HEAVEN.
  • ptoleary
    Options
    go to you tube type lean body lifestyle
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i need something sweet every noght too...i usually opt for nutella, its well balanced and relatively healthy...i woud stay away from processed candy bars and that kind of stuff, there are some good alternatives here to that e.g. dark chocolate etc...
  • bruno80
    Options
    I would reevaluate the # of calories/day or the speed of your weight loss. Seems a little extreme. I have lost 50 pounds over the course of about 16 months and I also am a dessert freak. I regularly eat a snickers, but at the most, I have targeted 1 pound a week. Extreme will not work.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Oikos vanilla yogurt + strawberries + peanut butter = heavenly!
  • lamaier52
    Options
    If you're only eating a very small amount a day to satisfy your craving, I wouldn't worry. My friend turned me on to the dark chocolate which isn't my favorite but the Dove brand is yummy. I think you can have two or three pieces on w.w. for three points but I'm not certain that needs to be verified. I just watch my calories. It's funny you posted this because I was just talking about this last night with the girls I work with. I really, really, want to succeed but I get so envious when I see a co-worker munching on a cup-cake in front of me, I need some release other than a yogurt or carrots. We all need something to keep us on track. Thanks for your post.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love sweets too and chocolate.

What I keep on hand are the Ghirardelli chocolate individually wrapped squares. I only have one at a time, but a serving is 4.
    Also after workouts, I've been really enjoying homemade protein shakes. I use the chocolate soy milk (no sugar added) and I feel like I'm doing my muscles good and get a healthy "dessert". :love:
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    FUDGESICLES! 40 calories apiece. I'm the same, I gotta have dessert every night!
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    I love Jello Dark Chocolate pudding cups. I sometimes put cool whip or reddi whip on them too but they are fine by themselves. Skinny Cow fudge bars are yummy as well and they make lots of different flavors. Hang in there!
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    I get the whole needing something chocolatey and desserty everyday, and it is okay once every couple days maybe, but you need to be thinking that every bite of food you put in your mouth is affecting how your body will or wont be. Maybe turn to some sweeter healthy alternatives like mango (or any fruit) sprinkled with unsweetened cocoa and lo fat natural yoghurt, its something that will take a while to eat but will allow you to taste the sweetness and the cocoa.
  • wilsot3
    wilsot3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Typically craving for sweets is because your blood sugar is not right. I used to have the same problem always craving sweets after any meal. But I found a program that actually killed my cravings just by keeping my blood sugar nice and level and with lots of protein to really help you feel full longer. Send me a message and I can fill you in on what worked for me. I am now down 70 pounds total and in the best shape of my life!

Cheers to good health,
    Todd :smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have to have a chocolate fix too. Chocolate is something I could never give up. I think everything is good in moderation---as long as you are not exceeding your calorie goal. I have chocolate almost every day. These are what I have in the house right now---only 80 calories. They are delicious!

0007064000288_500X500.jpg

Sorry it's so large--- I don't know how to resize the image:smile:

These are YUM!
  • dreamer1003
    dreamer1003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually like one graham cracker (4 squares) with a little peanut butter and a little jelly... you could satisfy the chocolate by using nutella instead of peanut butter and skipping the jelly.
  • WishUponAStarx
    WishUponAStarx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly and low fat icecream! tastes the exact same and only 75 calories for 2 scoops of icecream and as much jelly as you want :-D awesome!
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1310 calories a day and I don't find it extremely difficult to eat within those limits. I've been eating pretty healthy with lean meats and lots of fruits and vegetables. However, I find that after dinner every night I NEED something chocolate. If I don't induldge that craving I end up obsessing over it for hours and feel deprived. I've bought Hershey Kisses so I can have 5 or 10 after dinner, and sometimes I skip snacking throughout the day altogether so I can have a Snickers bar for dessert. Is this a habit I need to nix? Or is my daily chocolate induldence ok for my diet?

I'd break this habit as early as possible because "needing dessert every night" isn't healthy or ok. And I don't mean to sound rude. I just used to be the same way & thought I could make it work for me. But it ended up biting me in the *kitten* later. And if you're anything like me, some nights you're gonna want more & more. Try the dark kisses & only have one or 2 & then try to switch over to fruit for dessert :D

I have to disagree....a number of MFP's have lost huge amounts of weight using this "1 low-cal dessert a day" strategy. If someone needs a 500 calorie piece of cake each day, they yes, we have a problem. Buf if it's a small portion, within your daily limit and it keeps you from feeling deprived and bingeing, then I say do what works!!
  • shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like the deep chocolate vitatops. They sell them in the frozen breakfast section at supermarkets, walmart, and target. You can microwave them or put them in the toaster and they are only 100 calories, and have 9g of fiber. They can be kind of pricey, in my region it is 4.99 for a box of 4

http://www.vitalicious.com/
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Chocolate by itself is good for you, the problem is the sugar, specifically the processed sugar. The bottom line is that you need to cut it from your diet every night. Eating that much sugar on the daily can lead to diabetes. I would suggest for you to simply stop buying it and weaning yourself from it slowly. If you were to replace that milk chocolate Snickers with some organic dark chocolate, I would say that would be a start in the right direction.

5 Hershey's kisses a day will not lead to diabetes. A small taste of chocolate is not a bad thing. I went from wanting ( not needing) a full blown dessert every night to a square of chocolate....it satisfies enough and I don't feel like I am doing without.
  • smittenmikish
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with a small squirt of chocolate syrup = HEAVEN.

This sounds heavenly!!!! :love: I found my new treat! Thanks!