Options
    This sound awesome!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    This is in my slow cooker at home as we speak!

I think I will skip the sour cream so I can have more rice with it (I'm addicted to carbs).
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I made this on the stove top because everything I cook in the slow cooker tastes like dust, especially chicken. I even bought a new one. I'm a rather accomplished home chef, but slow cooking and me do not get along. Only took about 30 minutes to make. I seasoned the chicken with taco seasoning, seared it in a cast iron skillet, deglazed the pan with chicken stock, added that to the dutch oven and threw in the rest. Poach chicken for 20 minutes and we had dinner. Actually the rice took longer to cook then the dish! LOVED it! Thanks.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    I am using this one!
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sounds very yummy...I think I will try it this week :wink:
  • MicheleLee1971
    Options
    sounds delicious!!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Note to self: add more water or some other liquid when doing this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and when i came home from work, it was super burnt and my crock pot may be ruined (it's STILL soaking) :cry:

I had the setting on low and even added a little spash of water to get all of the soup out of the can. Who screws up something like this? Seriously! :sad: WTH is wrong with me? Am I just that incompetent in the kitchen?
  • Alex0927
    Options
    I'm trying this soon, thank you for this recipe!
  • disability
    disability Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you add any water at all to the slow cooker ingredients ?
  • momku
    momku Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try it!
  • disability
    disability Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    do you add any water at all, to the slow cooker ingredients ?
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It always seems to amaze me on how many people have looked at this recipe and that it is still circulating. The person that posted this recipe has not been on this sight since March of 2008! Yet, her recipe keeps coming up over and over. I wish that there was some type of way she could be contacted so that she could see how popular her recipe has become. :happy:

As for the water......no, it doesn't need it. The salsa has enough juices to dilute the condensed soup. I mix the salsa, sour cream and soup all together first then pour it over the chicken. This recipe is awesome!!! My whole family loves it!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Tried the recipe again last night and it was a success. I guess my slow cooker is just more powerful than I thought. I only cooked it for 2 hours on high (so I could be home to keep an eye on it) and it was awesome.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wills_holly85
    Options
    Try the same thing but omit the soup and sour cream, shred the chicken and it's perfect for quesadillas, salads, or tacos/nachos. Very yummy!
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy AND easy! Thanks for sharing :)
  • rachbry5
    rachbry5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump/save.