Lose 5 Pounds a Month January 2012 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    When I was at the gym yesterday, I weighed myself on the gym scale, which is the official scale on which I need to lose 10 pounds for the "FREE" membership. With the holiday bloating gone, and perhaps some lighter workout clothing compared to my work attire, I am currently down 3.5 pounds. Only 6.5 more to go until end of March! (Preferably more!)

Nice one DMG - a third of the way there already - fantastic!!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my weigh in is late, but I work nights, so my days/nights are messed up.

beginning weight 225

1/10 220

down 5!!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone on here!

Still cannot work out due to foot injury. Boo.:sad:

I have found out this week that when I cut my meat intake, I can eat WAY more food! I feel like I am just always eating so that I can eat my calorie goal without exercise! I up-ed my veggie intake too. I hope to see results this Sunday!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My sons birthday party was this weekend and we had TONS of Pizza and Deserts! Didn't hold back..(I really should but I didn't)
    Now that its over we don't have a birthday or holliday to celebrate untill May so im really hoping for some good weight loss. I could be half way from the weight im at to the weight I wanna be by then so heres hoping..

Weigh in is Friday morning for me so ill see ya then
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

How is everyone doing? Winter has finally arrived here in MN with sub zero windchills, this why I bought a treadmill a few years ago. I really hate going outside in the winter. Still very little snow on the ground but cold.

I was good this morning. I was shaving a 10 pound block of chocolate for making puppy chow for swim club concession stands and I did not taste any.

I am doing well at getting in my morning walks. I know eventually I need to add back some weigh training and cross training. I have been setting my alarm 5 minutes earlier in the morning. And will add another 5 next week, want to get up early enough to run on the treadmill without needing to stop and do something for the kids.

How do you keep fresh fruit on your mind as a snack? I have a 3 tier server (made for pies) but I put it out with different fruit and healthy snacks so they are right in plain view every time I walk into the kitchen.

Keep going I know you can do this.

Terri
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: 153
    Jan 6: 150
    Jan 13: 149

Down 4 pounds; 1 more to go! Then it's on to the bonus round!

I've been doing C25k type running workouts for the last 4 days in a row. I think today will be a rest/stretch day or a walk.

I've also "hit the wall" with my low-carb diet, I was doing fine for about a week, but now I am craving stuff at night again. Maybe a combination of stress (I get superstressed over the kids bedtime), and the workouts, and that time of the month (which is pretty much anytime for me), and a few cheats to trigger cravings? I don't know, but I am going to try to ease some of the healthier carbs back into my diet (oatmeal, brown rice, etc). I don't want to end up going completely off-plan, so I need to be careful.

Terri, for fruits... I've started packing fruits according to when/where I plan to eat them. Yesterday, I chose super portable fruits, and ate grapes in the car on the way to work, and an apple in the car on the way home from the gym. Today, I brought an orange to work and peeled and ate that mid-morning at my desk.

I am trying to do something similar with veggies - I made my own veggie tray the other day. I kept an old container from a store-bought veggie tray, and cut up my own veggies to snack on. Last night, I didn't know what to do for supper (the hubby and girls had hot dogs! ugh!), so I ate the rest of the veggies in my veggie tray and some leftover grilled pork tenderloin. I was very grateful for those leftovers last night, otherwise it may have been hot dogs for me too.

Anyway, it's the weekend. I'll need to plan a few meals to get us through next week. It's weird, I KNOW it's so much easier to deal with supper time if I have meals planned in advance, but I still find it extremely difficult to do.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    312.2 3.4 loss
    311.6 .6 loss

totaling 4lbs

need 1 more
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have one pound to go.

Jan 1 start weight 186

CW 182
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bring it on!!!! I really need challenge!!!!!
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. Started back on here on Jan. 4, 2012 weighing 218.8

Jan 4 218.8
    Jan 11 217.2
    Jan 18
    Jan 25
    Jan 31

Goal 213.8
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bring it on!!!! I really need challenge!!!!!

Starting weight - 151 Beginning of Jan
    Current weight - 149 - 2 pound loss
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It is the 13th of January, so I am late for the challenge. I have hit a plateau--which is actually good--because I am NOT GAINING! I had been gaining, slowly but surely...

I have been at the same exact weight for 10 days. I am starving today, so hopefully I can lose something in the month of January
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    K so I did lose 2 pounds but im back up from my sons birthday party.

January 1st 169.4

January 13th 169.0
  • Bsnell10
    Options
    im in since i have already lost like 2 pounds 3 shouldn't be that tough since i am just starting back at eating right and exercising right?
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    starting was 222

current is 217.4

Only .4 lbs to go :)

Starting 30 DS today. Add me if you use it too!
  • jayna22
    jayna22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    01/01--281
    01/09--279
    01/14--275.6

Weighing in early because I leave for Florida tomorrow!! Made my five pounds already though! Woo hoo!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    SW: 155 lbs

Jan 8: 152.4 lbs

Jan 14: 150.0

Jan 21:

Jan 28:

I have lost my 5!!!! I hope to make this number even bigger in the last 2 weeks!

I decided to change my weigh-in day to Saturday because it just fits better in my schedule. Still cannot exercise, but that just means that I am watching what I eat VERY closely!

Hope everyone has a good weigh-in and good luck!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    jan 1: 143lb
    jan 8: 142lb
    jan15: 144lb (temp water gain TOTM)
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Jan1 2012: 65 kgs
    Jan 11 2012: 64kgs

lost the holiday weight :)