what movie still scares the crap out of you?

Options

Replies

• DietPep1978
    Options
    Hostel.

Good old fashioned scary movies don't scare me, but Hostel and other movies that are about *kitten* that really does/could happen, scares the crap out of me....

I'm with ya here! Plus possession movies can scare me a bit too! Anyone ever watch "The Entity"...now that was scary!
  • mntgrl68
    Options
    Amityville Horror, especially the first one! And of course SAW movies - yuck!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Paranormal (1, 2, & 3)! Ever since I watched those movies if I get up to go to bathroom in the dark during the night I picture myself getting dragged down the hall by my ankle, freak out and run back to bed. Than k fully the image doesn't usually come to me until I am on the way back to bed.

I saw the first one because I wanted to be brave with my stupid friends :grumble: and had to close my eyes and ears most of the movie and STILL got terrified and I cried when I got home!!! :cry: I must be the biggest scaredy cat in the world! I never had the courage to watch it again or see the others. This is the 3nd scary movie I've ever seen in my life! :blushing: The first was It...clowns = scary! and The Strangers.

And I'm 21 now. Go figure.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    IT (yes a Stephen King movie). The movie ruined clowns for me and since I haven't been able to be around any without thinking they'll develop sharp teeth and eat me. Also, there was an old episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? where two boys find out their neighbour above is a cannibal. The scene where the young one gets stuck in her deep freezer scared my pants off when I was young; haven't seen it recently, so I don't know how it'd be for me now.

Mind you, I've watched tons and tons of scary movies and most don't phase me. It's just those two. Oh and Jacobs Ladder freaked me out when I was a kid.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The original Exorcist movies, the original Omen movies, Candyman, and Stigmata.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    IT (yes a Stephen King movie). The movie ruined clowns for me and since I haven't been able to be around any without thinking they'll develop sharp teeth and eat me. Also, there was an old episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? where two boys find out their neighbour above is a cannibal. The scene where the young one gets stuck in her deep freezer scared my pants off when I was young; haven't seen it recently, so I don't know how it'd be for me now.

Mind you, I've watched tons and tons of scary movies and most don't phase me. It's just those two. Oh and Jacobs Ladder freaked me out when I was a kid.

OMG there were a couple Are You Afraid of the Dark episodes that freaked me out when I was younger... I totally forgot about that show!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :noway: Fatal Attraction: :noway: That still cares the hell out of most men!
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Forever and always will be The Exorcist. Saw it during the day at my grandma's years ago and I still will never ever watch it again.
  • AngieBaker29
    Options
    Wow, you guys didn't mention my all time scary movie...Scream! I know it's corny, but that mask....gives me chills when I see kids wearing it at Halloween. I have had nightmares of that exact mask even when I was a kid before the movies were even made!

Plus, Candyman is another one that still scares me.
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It (clowns - creepy)
    The Shining (Every part of that show)
    &
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (True Story - I was born and raised in Texas)
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    The Ring

When a stranger calls (1979) <--- omg, i used to freak out back when i used to babysit as a kid over this movie. Anyone seen it?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism Of Emily Rose.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hostel.

Good old fashioned scary movies don't scare me, but Hostel and other movies that are about *kitten* that really does/could happen, scares the crap out of me....

I'm with you on that one. And Hostel scares the crap outta me too! Still can't keep my eyes open during the whole thing. And never will I go to some foreign country like that. Yikes! LOL
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, Amytiville Horror and Blair Witch...

We used to go camping A LOT in a tent and now everytime we go I think I am going to wake up to little bundles of sticks outside my tent in the morning.....
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Scariest movie I ever saw was The Strangers. Very very scary. I suggest if you go away to a cabin or cottage, watch it there. Very scary
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that movie "Christine" about the car that is possessed and drives around on it's own:indifferent: does not help that my mom has the same name:noway:
  • cutescottgirl
    Options
    For some reason, "Nightmare on Elm Street." It's a cheesy movie but it's something about him coming to kill you in your dreams. :indifferent:

Me too! Just the thought of a burned up pedophile killing people in their sleep...I still get chills! I couldn't even go see the remake! Oh, and l'm 36!! :laugh:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The Ring

When a stranger calls (1979) <--- omg, i used to freak out back when i used to babysit as a kid over this movie. Anyone seen it?

OMG When A Stranger Calls STILL squigs me out!

Also Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Any movie that deals with something coming to get you while you're sleeping scares the crap out of me.
  • hornedone
    hornedone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The original "Dawn of the Dead". Great movie...still the best zombie flick.
  • almost350
    Options
    GRUDGE!