Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    At first it was to see if weight loss would help me conceive( hubby and I spent a year and a half trying), when I started out it was all in the want for a baby, nothing really about "me",however a month or so into it, it became about more then having a baby and became more about me being healthier and loving myself more, I lost about 40lbs or so and then found out I was pregnant, I am now 29 weeks along, and l believe that the weight loss helped big time, and am patiently awaiting the time when after Ryan is born that I can get back to my workouts (other then walking) and weight loss.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    I just want to feel good about myself. I'd like to think if I lost a few pounds it would help me with my confidence.
  • erinpj
    erinpj Posts: 12
    Options
    Wanna do a marathon!!!!!!
  • tmrendo
    Options
    It may sound bad, but first and foremost: women. Honestly, even though it doesn't sound like the best reason to have finally gotten started on doing something I have thought about for years, the other night I was hanging out with a beautiful girl I'm really into and a few hours and drinks later it became rather apparent that she really liked me but was struggling to get past the lack of attraction on her part. It reinforced my opinion of her that she seemed to be honestly trying to look completely past my appearance and made me think something incredibly obvious but not always readily apparent; if I took better care of myself I probably wouldn't still be single a week later.

From that reason there are plenty of others as well; not the least of which being confidence. Not feeling like crap every day. Maybe feeling comfortable taking my shirt off around another human being.

Lots of reasons really.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I can wear skimpy outfits and feel sexy in them. LOL!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I want to look HOT!
  • califigureeight
    Options
    To nail all the girls in high school who were *****es to me, then moonwalk away. (not really though)

I love it!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Was tired of looking like I was in my 40s.
    No I look like im in my 20s!

Take That!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i want to get dressed without even looking in the mirror.....and know i look FANTASTIC.
  • Byn73
    Byn73 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im sick of wearing boring, big underware. I want to ware something skimpy and sexy!!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Dogwood111

Feel gross and uncomfortable.
    Tired of 22 years of yo-yo dieting.
    Sick of my own excuses.
    And I refuse to pay money AGAIN for bigger clothes.

Me to a tee.
    Sick to damn death of hearing myself complaining.
    Been on a diet for over 20yrs - it has been the main focus of my life in all that time yet all it has resulted in is an increase of around 100lbs.
    For an intelligent person I really am pretty darn stupid :frown:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I really hate me at this weight. My body is not supposed to be carrying this much fat. I look and feel so much better when I'm healthy and fit.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    To have a smaller body.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The real reason for me is im tired of women being rude to me and saying "ewwwee gross, your fat" when im standing there or if they look at me and i just say hi. Yes, women do this to guys alot. Its not good. There is a level of respect and treatment you get when people are thinner. I dont know why its that way but it is. I want to be respected and not have rude comments made to me becuase I am chubby.

i have to say this: " i am so sorry on behalf of all the female population if they really are saying this to you that is just down right rude...... they are insecure in themselves if they are saying this to you..... xx

Unfortunately, they say it to me and other guys. Its quite common in Nashville. You are right, they are insecure.
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lots of reasons:

*feel more COMFORTABLE
    * look good :wink:
    * avoid heart disease
    * prevent diabetes as I am pre- diabetic , currently on track in losing weight but got to keep at it !
    * more energy
    * able to do long bushwalks again !!! and keep up with fit friends :glasses:
    * better sex !!! hahahhaha

:happy:
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    These were my reasons for wanting to lose weight:

1. None of my clothes fit anymore. I spent mornings going through everything in my closet only to give up in frustration. My husband is out of work, so money is tight, and I couldn't afford to go out and buy a bunch of bigger clothes. The ironic thing is that all of those same clothes have been taken to Goodwill because they're now way too big and I am having to replace my whole wardrobe little by little.

2. I saw myself from behind in some video footage and was appalled at how big my butt had gotten.

3. The year I turned 40, I gained 15 pounds in one school year. I blamed it on being middle aged and figured "I guess being fat is inevitable." Then I looked around and noticed that a lot of other teachers at my school are over 50 and some over 60 and have the bodies of twenty-somethings and I figured "Hey, if they can do it, I should be able to!"

4. Again, when I turned 40, I realized that all of those conditions they tell you that you can get if you're overweight (diabetes, heart disease, etc.) are not far off in the future now. I thought, "I could actually be diagnosed with one of those in the next five years!"
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I want to wear nice clothes, not "mom" clothes :)
    I want to feel sexy
    I want to be around as long as I can for my 3 kiddos
  • cupcakemama
    Options
    Oh and another really good reason (not my whole reason obviously but a total bonus) Is to see the look on my ex's face (who called me fat for years after having his 3 children back to back) When he comes to pick the kids up!
  • mrssmith12
    mrssmith12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh and another really good reason (not my whole reason obviously but a total bonus) Is to see the look on my ex's face (who called me fat for years after having his 3 children back to back) When he comes to pick the kids up!

^^I love this reason. Not that I have ever had kids, but I have been turned down by guys because I was "bigger".

I want to obv lose weight to get healthier (I want to start running, I think it would feel freeing in a sense if you know what I mean?), I want a body that I feel happy in. I want to rock a 2 piece at the beach and have people who have turned me down kick themselves in the *kitten* because of it. I would also like to surprise my Hubby some night when he gets home from work with a nice greeting of sexy stilettos & lingerie without feeling like 'the blob'. :)
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The main reason I started to lose weight was soley because my husband was diagnosed with diabetes. He had to change his diet and start exercising and so I changed right along with him.

The second reason is I want to look even better than my husband's ex-wife...she lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, but seeing her recently, she is putting it back on...(tee hee hee!)

Third, I want to shop at Victoria's Secret!