when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think it's fair to use Kiera in these sorts of comparisons, because she's naturally that thin, and these sort of posts make it sound like her natural self isn't beautiful... which is an insult like someone picking on someone because they're bigger than average. But I do think the older pics are more attractive :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on FB yesterday. My opinion is that is didn't get hotter, but that's just me. It's sad that the clothing industry has made it even harder to have womanly curves. I wouldn't mind being curvy so much if shopping wasn't such a nightmare.
  • briane1726
    Options
    It never did...not in my book
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    My hubby always says he likes a woman with curves.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you're referring to "hotter" as what men want...I don't think it ever did. I have never known a single man who preferred a woman with absolutely no meat on her.

As far as fashion/hollywood/magazines/celebrities and blah blah blah, they just keep getting skinnier. The last thing a woman should do is compare or strive for that. It's just silly.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    While my personal attractive thoughts go to the bottom row, I'm not sure I understand why it's ok to critique the "skinny" women this way? Would anyone be as accepting of this picture if it questioned the attractiveness of someone larger?
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Girls on the bottom for the win! :wink:
  • JennL418
    Options
    AHHHH!! I love this I did a paper on body image for a psychology class a few semesters ago and I found out some seriously interesting stuff. Did you know that the average female model is 5ft 9in and wears a size 2, while the average american female is 5ft 6in and wears a size 10? Yet the Model look (ie suuuuuper gaunt and skinny) is the look everyone seems to pine over. It is so unattractive to be skinny to the point where people can see your ribs and bones. NEWS FLASH!!! Most guys like girls with a bit of meat on their bodies and some curves too!!!

I have wide hips and am really proud of them!!( ps: my boyfriend likes em too :tongue: )
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ? You can't starve yourself into a 6 pack... At least 2 of those girls you're ripping on look pretty ripped.

To each their own.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is kind of mean. While I think anorexia or any eating disorder that leaves a girl skin and bones is sad and just as unhealthy as obesity I will not bash on skinny women. I'm naturally built like the top row of girls. I work out, lift weights and eat balanced and well. I was thin even when I didn't work out, eat well or give two sh*ts about my body. I have been teased and ridiculed my entire life about it and honestly pictures like this are as mean spirited as someone saying mean and hateful things about fat people.

Both rows of women in that picture are beautiful in their own ways. If any of the celebrities have eating disorders then I feel bad for them but I will not trash talk them.
  • amonkey9
    Options
    It's sad that the clothing industry has made it even harder to have womanly curves. I wouldn't mind being curvy so much if shopping wasn't such a nightmare.

I agree!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    If people starve themselves to look that way it's because they have a DISORDER. It's not something a person chooses to do and then can suddenly snap out of it at the glance of a picture.

That, and the idea of a very thin, bone-protruding female being more beautiful than another has been that way for several years. I was born in 1990 and I can barely remember advertising that put "curvier" females over "skinnier" ones. It's definitely not a new phenomenon.

That, and I think pictures like that come dangerous close to body shaming women who are naturally skinny like that.

To note: I am NOT saying starvation or so-skinny-you-can-see-your-bones is attractive or should be sided with over a curvier female's form, just to make that clear.
  • mellymclaughlin
    Options
    Horses for courses but I think Keira Knightley and Nicole Thingy look awesome in those pictures! Kirsten Dunst is really pale and ill looking, however.
  • bluetiger
    bluetiger Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "like" button for mfp :)
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    AHHHH!! I love this I did a paper on body image for a psychology class a few semesters ago and I found out some seriously interesting stuff. Did you know that the average female model is 5ft 9in and wears a size 2, while the average american female is 5ft 6in and wears a size 10? Yet the Model look (ie suuuuuper gaunt and skinny) is the look everyone seems to pine over. It is so unattractive to be skinny to the point where people can see your ribs and bones. NEWS FLASH!!! Most guys like girls with a bit of meat on their bodies and some curves too!!!

I have wide hips and am really proud of them!!( ps: my boyfriend likes em too :tongue: )

This is rude and hateful. You could see my ribs when I was 9 months pregnant and I wasn't unhealthy or too thin then. Just think before you speak. You don't want skinny chicks telling YOU what men consider sexy, so what makes you think that ripping on skinny chicks is okay?
  • amonkey9
    Options
    ? You can't starve yourself into a 6 pack... At least 2 of those girls you're ripping on look pretty ripped.

To each their own.

I didn't make the picture or anything, it's just the general idea that people feel the NEED to be a size 0 when they are like 5'6
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Did it start with Twiggy...should we "blame" her?
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think in some cases it's the women who strive to be the top section of photos or this version of themselves rather than the men choosing women that size. We set sometimes ridiculous standards for ourselves and then wonder why society is expecting the same
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    Just to reply to some of you who say "My hubby likes curves" or "Men prefer blah blah blah"...My husband loves me and my thin body. I don't feel the need to go around telling another body type they aren't hot because it's not what MY husband prefers.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my Facebook. I LOVE this. The bottom four look absolutely stunning! Marilyn Monroe is proof that you can make men drool even if you thighs do touch!