when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I love this post. . I have curves and embrace them. I want to lose some weight, but I by no means ever plan on looking like a twig. Being underweight can be just as dangerous and unhealthy as being overweight.:bigsmile:
  • lawfroggie
    lawfroggie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    While vacationing in Hawaii, I was once told, "No man likes to lie down with a 2x4, that's why he's gotta go out and buy her fake boobies." Natural curves are gorgeous!
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think it's fair to use Kiera in these sorts of comparisons, because she's naturally that thin, and these sort of posts make it sound like her natural self isn't beautiful... which is an insult like someone picking on someone because they're bigger than average. But I do think the older pics are more attractive :flowerforyou:

Keira was thin before, but not sickly. This was her before:
    http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/47/92/11479251_gal.jpg
    http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/09/08-15/keira_knightley_esquire.jpg

Yes, she was thin, but not concaved as she is now.
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    AGAIN I STATE:
    I did NOT make this photo (couldn't if i wanted too) its the message it sends. A lot of women starve themselves into eating disorders trying to look like the top row of women instead of embracing that maybe their body wasn't meant to look that way. Keira Knighlt I'll admit does look good, though :P

The image's message is meant to shame those who either have disordered eating or are naturally skinny.

No where in that image or the image's message did I see anything that would actually HELP people with ED's help recover.

It's just body shaming.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The women on the bottom are gorgeous!

the women on the top are sick with their droopy-skin and bones.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Getting soooo sick of these threads.

+1

Why do so many people have to whine about skinny girls being skinny?

If the shoe was on the other foot and people were bashing the size 10's for being overweight, then there'd be so much flaming my computer would melt.

Get over it people.

+100
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You CANNOT put Kiera Knightly in the same class as those other women. Sorry, she is a natural beauty and you shouldn't bully her because she doesn't look like you want her to.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    The women on the bottom are gorgeous!

the women on the top are sick with their droopy-skin and bones.

I don't see any droopy skin in the top row. I do see Kiera with a six pack though... well maybe a four pack. She looks fit not sickly.
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think they're all beautiful women! It is sad that there is a strain for us to be smaller and thinner, pocket sized, but that doesn't mean we have to be any size other people think we need to be. I have a friend who is less than a hundred pounds who is trying to get curves and I am trying to lose some of mine. I understand both struggles. I have to say it is kinda rude that ya'll are bashing on the thinner crowd. Stop bashing others to make yourself feel better and just do what you have to do. Some men love curves, some men love thinner women, some men love bigger women...who cares....all that matters is if you love yourself.
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I don't know what you are talking about. All of those women are beautiful.

You should never shame any type of body. Even if they have a disorder (Which IMO none of them look that way, in fact a couple of them look rather fit!) pictures like that do nothing to help.

We should be bringing self confidence up in ever woman of every shape and size.
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My bf likes my curves and doesn't even think I need to work out! Psh..he is too nice...There are defin some guys out there who find that attractive but I'm glad there are still some guys out there who dont!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I love this post. . I have curves and embrace them. I want to lose some weight, but I by no means ever plan on looking like a twig. Being underweight can be just as dangerous and unhealthy as being overweight.:bigsmile:

^^^This!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are talking about. All of those women are beautiful.

You should never shame any type of body. Even if they have a disorder (Which IMO none of them look that way, in fact a couple of them look rather fit!) pictures like that do nothing to help.

We should be bringing self confidence up in ever woman of every shape and size.

Agreed, very well said. This site is My FITNESS Pal. Not everyone is here to lose weight. If someone is here because they want to gain, a lot of you have just effectively told them you think they're disgusting. Something ugly is going on here but it's not the women in that photo.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My roommates and I were talking about Kristen Dunst (we were watching Bring it On) and we thought she looked gross then... but that picture... EW! Sexy = Curves n tonage... to me anyways... not skeletons
  • amonkey9
    Options
    I really regret this topic now because some people are apparently not getting the same message I got from it -__- I'm not saying anything negative about naturally thin women, but let's be real, Hollywood puts A LOT of pressure on actresses to be thin and not EVERYONE is built like that (ie Marilyn Monroe). It's just saying you don't have to be bone thin to be considered beautiful. This was not to offend anyone! I'm sorry though, if you didn't like it you could have just clicked the back arrow on you're computer instead of condemning those who saw the picture in a different light. Oh and I DIDN'T MAKE THE PHOTO do I didn't choose who was on the list
  • BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really regret this topic now because some people are apparently not getting the same message I got from it -__- I'm not saying anything negative about naturally thin women, but let's be real, Hollywood puts A LOT of pressure on actresses to be thin and not EVERYONE is built like that (ie Marilyn Monroe). It's just saying you don't have to be bone thin to be considered beautiful. This was not to offended anyone! I'm sorry though, I you didn't like it you could have just clicked the back arrow on you're computer instead of condemning those who saw the picture in a different light. Oh and I DIDN'T MAKE THE PHOTO do I didn't choose who was on the list

I can definitely see where you were going with this picture and agree that it is hard to be a curvy woman in todays society. I think a lof of people were offended by some of the comments of the thinner ladies. There was a lot of bashing after your initial post.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    While some women are naturally skinny or their weight is put in a place that makes it so their ribs are showing or they look bony (as women in this thread have been saying), I think people should be at a weight they are comfortable with.

I don't believe I will ever be comfortable with a weight like the women on top, so I don't strive to lose that much weight--but instead I choose to get where I'm more comfortable (the bottom girls)

Some girls look and see this as a weight where they should be, I think this shows more about how the women of pop culture has changed.

You should be where you are comfortable, not striving to be something that you consider the "standard" of beauty--as some people consider female celebrities portraying.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you made the photo or not - you posted it :P

I honestly do not like how Marilyn looks in the picture and think Keira looks fantastic.
    I could have clicked the back arrow, but at the same time don't expect everyone on the internet to agree with you.