when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Honestly, different women have different body types, metabolism, fitness level, and goals. So we look different. And shocker, different men have different preferences as well. Some like thin women, ever with or without muscle definition showing. Some like a more 'average' size body, again either with or without muscle showing. Some actually prefer women that are a little overweight, some prefer women that are very overweight. Some like big boobs, some just want a handful, some want a small tight butt while others want a big booty, some want blondes and others want brunettes or redheads, etc. Nobody can say what men 'really' like b/c there are just as many preferences out there as there are body types to match with them.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    images-4_wonder.jpg

Real curves and REAL WOMEN.....all those women are beautiful! Not because of their bodies but because of their accomplishments and total packages.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just to put all your minds to rest, ladies, all of the women in the original post are attractive - at least to me, and I suspect to quite a lot of other men as well. Imagine a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being anorexic and 10 being morbidly obese. In my opinion, the only physically unattractive numbers there would be 1, 2, 9 and 10. That is not to say people in these ranges can't be attractive overall, but that those bodyweights do not appeal to ME.

Everyone has a different opinion, and the balance on this scale seems to have slid more to 1, and away from 10.

As to the matter of curviness - to me a curvy woman is someone with a pronounced bum against her back and thighs, breasts with a good shape and a waist that is defined from her hips. Other people have different opinions of this, but fat does not equal curvy.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I agree totally. Love old Hollywood.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    It never did. If you want to know what's attractive to heterosexual men, why would you look to WOMEN's fashion magazines? Instead, look to p0rn-- watch lots of it-- there's LOTS of body-type variation, which should suggest that men are attracted to women of VARIED body types.
  • Seriously? Keira Knightley is super fit...did you see her abs? Also, who cares if some women would prefer to be "fit" than "curvy"? My body is thin everywhere by nature...I guess I should go cry in a corner since I don't look ANYTHING like the chicks in the bottom row.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i think the older pics are hotter of those women. how do i get the pic to put that on facebook?
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it hasn't and never will. I would much prefer women with curves over the skeleton look any day :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in support of the more curvy women [Marilyn is my idol!] but there's also no reason that someone who is naturally thin needs to be called unattractive...I know plenty of naturally thin females who have tried to gain weight & just can't. So them being called unattractive because of their thinness is kind of the same as calling a larger woman unattractive because of her higher weight...Just sayin'
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's pathetic.
    But this skinny look, as bad as it is, beats a fat body any day.

That's reality.
  • Makers72
    Options
    These women arent considered sexy.... Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendez are considered sexy now a days and they are curvy.
  • ashleygeex26
    ashleygeex26 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    After going through my anorexic stage, I became mortified about the decisions I made, and One Tree Hill that season revealed this:
    Brooke-Davis-in-Zero-is-Not-a-Size-t-shirt-brooke-davis-15089773-500-391.jpg

While I understand there are girls out there that are naturally thin and a size zero.... many are not and they starve themselves because they want to get there. It upsets me. I was one of those girls that felt the pressure to look like that... and now, that poster means so much to me. I have a picture in my room to remind me I am a naturally curvy girl and I need to embrace it.
  • ginagina43
    Options
    Old Hollywood is definitely more attractive-Jane Russell, Jayne Maynesfield and Sophia Loren were gorgeous as well
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    HenryVIII.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not a size zero, at least not in the stores I shop. Maybe if I went to more expensive stores, I'd wear a smaller size.

I'm typically a size two or a four, though, which isn't far off. I hate to think I'm on the cusp of being a non-person, even though I'm dead in the middle of the healthy bmi. I'm 5'5, 130# and my measurements are 35-25-35.

Bettie Page was reportedly 5'5.5, 128# and 36-23-35. Marilyn was also 5'5.5, with a weight between 118-140# Bust: 35-37 inches Waist: 22-23 inches Hips: 35-36 inches

So really... aside from having smaller waists (remember that girdles were popular then) and (especially in Marilyn's case) a larger cup size, they weren't that much different than this modern day size 2 or 4.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not a size zero, at least not in the stores I shop. Maybe if I went to more expensive stores, I'd wear a smaller size.

I'm typically a size two or a four, though, which isn't far off. I hate to think I'm on the cusp of being a non-person, even though I'm dead in the middle of the healthy bmi. I'm 5'5, 130# and my measurements are 35-25-35.

Bettie Page was reportedly 5'5.5, 128# and 36-23-35. Marilyn was also 5'5.5, with a weight between 118-140# Bust: 35-37 inches Waist: 22-23 inches Hips: 35-36 inches

So really... aside from having smaller waists (remember that girdles were popular then) and (especially in Marilyn's case) a larger cup size, they weren't that much different than this modern day size 2 or 4.

Thanks for looking up their sizes, I was curious. I imagine many people were guessing these women were all in the 6/8/10 range.

And for everyone that keeps posting about what a man wants... I honestly don't care. Everything I am doing, I am doing for myself and to get myself where I want to be physically. None of it has anything to do with trying to be what a typical man finds sexy.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    HenryVIII.jpg

LOL!! That's awesome.
  • amonkey9
    Options
    HenryVIII.jpg

Never I think it's still pretty hot :wink:
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Women with curves and muscle are awesome... but what about the women with faster metabolism who CANNOT get curves because of their natural physiology (so-called "flat")? Not trying to pick on anyone or start a row, but there are a wide variety of body-types out there, and not everyone can be diva-licious-curvy.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Heidi is proportion fine...nicole has "MEAT" on her thighs...kiera is sexy! Those abs are kick *kitten*! Kristen isnt skin and bones either....how unfair to judge these women who put in hours at the gyms to get those bodies! Jealous much!