Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I like to dip whole jalapenos into fire salsa and eat them, seeds and all. But not the stem... because stems are nasty! x3
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    my weird diet tips? when craving ice cream , eat a spoon full or two of frozen cool whip. takes my cravings right away! and so satisfying. also i freeze grapes and eat them all day long. walk around with ziplock bags full of them. also so satisfying crunching into a frozen grape, and so naturally sweet.

i snack all day long. and on weird things. i also love "free food" or food that has less than about 30 calories per serving, somettimes i will try to combine these things . such as PICKLES, CELERY, LETTUCE , cut into a bowl, with VINAGER poured over them. lol, i guessits like a weird salad for me? lol.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    2 of my favorite are:

Kale chips: cut half of a bunch of kale into "chip" size and either spread a bit of olive oil on one side or spray with PAM to save even more calories. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and bake in the oven at 300 for about 7 minutes. (give or take a few)
    YUM!!!

I also like the tzatziki (cucumber/garlic/dill yogurt) dip from Costco with pretty much anything. Celery, pretzels, carrots, and only 50 calories for two tablespoons. Just had some today!
  • ksabell
    Options
    Bump
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Whole wheat toritlla (80 calories, 12g fiber ones.)
    With 1-2tbs of peanutbutter.
    (On cheat days I add Nutella too.)

Yumm!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas here. I found recently that S'mores aren't really all that terrible for you and taste like you're eating something really bad! 1 graham cracker + 1 marshmallow + a few squares of Hershey's chocolate = ~140 cals. Even better if you can find super dark chocolate!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love the ideas on here. The ones that I really liked, I have started my own word paper and copying and pasting to it. One day, I will organize it more.
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This isn't too unique, but I freeze chobani greek yogurt. It isn't "frozen yogurt" but it is a yummy frozen treat.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NorthwestLadybug
    NorthwestLadybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Spread a few tablespoons of instant non-fat chocolate pudding (made with non-fat milk) onto a half low-fat graham cracker. Top pudding with non-fat Cool Whip. Top with other half of cracker. Freeze before eating, if desired.
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    mmmm thats my kind of snackin:)
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    My ultimate favorite is baby carrots and hummus....It keeps me from snacking on stuff I shouldn't...I sometimes find myself eating a whole bag of baby carrots, but I don't feel guilty whatsoever because I'm getting full off veggies...theres so many different kinds of hummus too...My fav currently is garden vegetable....oh and I love greek yogurt too,,yummm
  • joannaengel
    Options
    I love veggies with ranch dip, but instead of regular ranch I mix powdered ranch dressing mix into plain greek yogurt. Tastes awesome, way less calories, and way more protein!

This, but instead of greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese (put it though the food processor until smooth). Same thing about the lower cal and more protein!
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, everyone! Thanks!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Hmmm I just ate rice chex mixed with a tablespoon of low fat cream cheese and a tablespoon of jelly. It was surprisingly delicious!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Edamane pods are my newest snack. I found individual frozen bags for 110 calories and they take awhile to eat so Im satisfied by the time I`m done!
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Eufy
    Eufy Posts: 14
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/

Simple recipes for super low-cal goodies that will satisfy sweet & chocolate cravings :)