when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Up until my mid 20s, I had a build like Keira or Nicole. More like Nicole because I didn't have muscle like Keira. Hearing "real women have curves," constantly being told to eat something, that you look like a boy, or that you need implants, is no better of one's psyche than being told you need to lose weight.

This. My wife is naturally really small build, she went through hell in school because of it. I remember her crying on the phone to me (we were high school sweethearts) over the stuff people would say to her. Words can hurt you no matter what size you are.

Unless you are jaded and a complete a***ole like me. ;-)
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This is kind of mean. While I think anorexia or any eating disorder that leaves a girl skin and bones is sad and just as unhealthy as obesity I will not bash on skinny women. I'm naturally built like the top row of girls. I work out, lift weights and eat balanced and well. I was thin even when I didn't work out, eat well or give two sh*ts about my body. I have been teased and ridiculed my entire life about it and honestly pictures like this are as mean spirited as someone saying mean and hateful things about fat people.

Both rows of women in that picture are beautiful in their own ways. If any of the celebrities have eating disorders then I feel bad for them but I will not trash talk them.

Thank you! I think these sort of "skinny bashing" posts on Facebook are getting to be redundant. I find them to be in poor taste and probably started by people who are not content in their own skin. Some people are naturally more on the thin side, so why would that make them less beautiful than anyone else? I'd like to see how well this whole campaign of body bashing would fly if the top row of women pictured were larger than the ones pictured at the bottom. Every body type and every body is beautiful.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Up until my mid 20s, I had a build like Keira or Nicole. More like Nicole because I didn't have muscle like Keira. Hearing "real women have curves," constantly being told to eat something, that you look like a boy, or that you need implants, is no better of one's psyche than being told you need to lose weight.

This X100
    Its funny how its ok to tell people they need to eat,call them walking skeletons,call them gross or sickly because they are thin. But if someones 20+ pounds over they are a real women and should be accepted for their body
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I adore Lucille Ball, I think she had it all, she was talented, funny and beautiful. The smallest she wore was a size 12. I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?
  • wildbeal
    wildbeal Posts: 124
    Options
    i prefer a woman with curves not rail thin women
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I adore Lucille Ball, I think she had it all, she was talented, funny and beautiful. The smallest she wore was a size 12. I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

Comments like this is why I had to talk my wife out of breast implants when she was 19. It's mean spirited even if its not meant to be. It's no better then the people in the other camp.
  • sis2bossy
    sis2bossy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People love skeletons, especially around Halloween. Some all year around by the looks of this. haha

(all a joke dont take personally)
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it isn't.
  • tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree women with curves are way more sexier than stick women...to look like that on purpose I just dont get it. If you are naturally that way then fine you are beautiful that way..But to starve and think you look good like that I just do not understand
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Thank you people, Marilyn was not a size 12 (or 16 UK) but a size 2-4 US, the woman had a 23 inch waist! I'm a UK 12 and a vintage US size 20, so that might give you an idea on how sizes have changed.

Also, there were plenty of skinny Golden Age starlets - Barbara Stanwyck for one.

Yes, there does seem to be a modern fad for being very, very thin but hell - that fad was around in the 20s (losing weight, flattening the bust with binding) - fashions change.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Size 12 in today's sizes?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    And some men do prefer VERY thin women. When I was 110lbs (at 5'5'' thats tiny) I had loads of guys who liked that build. Men are INDIVIDUALS, which means they have INDIVIDUAL tastes. Gee....
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

this is as bad as saying "omg look at chick what a beached whale"
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

By the way looking it up.. Lucille Ball was a size 12 back then, which is equal to a size 6 now.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Size 12 in today's sizes?

It's a size 6 today. Just got done googleing it.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!! I saved the picture and all I have to say to that is AMEN!!! ha
  • slimgal613
    Options
    My hubby loves curves and so do I. IMHO....Those women pictured at the time look so fraile and un-healthy.

:happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you, why would anyone purposely want to look like a refugee?

this is as bad as saying "omg look at chick what a beached whale"

evidently it is ok to bash thin girls and not fat ones! So completely tired of the double standard!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    People love skeletons, especially around Halloween. Some all year around by the looks of this. haha

(all a joke dont take personally)

And women with high BMIs shouldnt go near the beach,or all the save the whales people might get confused!

(also a joke that probobly wont be taken as well as yours)