when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    even a dog likes more meat on his bone... just saying.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    America seems to live in extremes. More people than ever are overweight and even obese, yet the "ideal" has gotten smaller and smaller. 50 years ago, there wasn't an obesity or an anorexia problem.
  • Alleonh
    Options
    I completely agree. Keira Knightley was GORGEOUS in the first Pirates of the Caribbean. She was a new star and had not given into the pressures of Hollywood yet. She was simply beautiful.

By the third movie she had lost so much weight. It really detracted from her looks. So sad. Can't these girls see how unhealthy they look? I know I am no one to judge. I'm a little too far on the OTHER end of the spectrum (;D) But still, it's a shame.

It's a shame you're on the other end of the spectrum. This is still as rude as someone pointing out your fat (I haven't looked at your pictures so I don't know what you actually look like so I'm just making a point).

I'm naturally thin and actually trying to get ripped like Keira in that picture. Your comments, whether your realize it or not, are just as hurtful as someone calling you fat.

I don't think anyone is setting out to hurt someone who is naturally thin like you are. Your taking comments very personally that are not actually aimed at someone in your position.
    Those people are in the media, so over the years we've all seen them change. Every one of them started healthy thin weights, but then they lost beyond that. I see all these people posting how they were hurt in high school for being naturally small, but that's not what this thread seems to be about.
  • starshine420
    Options
    Marilyn will always be gorgeous!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    and again , someone makes a completely innocent post and people tear it to shreds, im sure no hurt was meant but you haters out there just cant help yourself.............................. Nat

Nobody is tearing her to shred,people are rightfully upset about all the disgusting comments being made about thin people. How is it innocent to post a picture that says one group of people are better than another anyways?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think Elizabeth Taylor was the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet. I'd MUCH rather look like her than one of the 'scrawny ones' that Hollywood is filled with today!

Elizabeth Taylor had a 21 inch waist whixh is smaller than every girl in the top row. I wouldnt want to look like that "porker" Christina Hendricks:huh:

Yep. Liz was reportedly 36C-21-36. The sickly, scrawny Kirsten Dunst is reportedly 36C-24-35.

Oh, wait...
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    and again , someone makes a completely innocent post and people tear it to shreds, im sure no hurt was meant but you haters out there just cant help yourself.............................. Nat

I said not one thing about the OP until she got defensive and no one was talking to her. My problem is still not with the OP but the people who think it's okay to bash on thin girls. Why call me out? Because the truth hurts? You can't stand that a thin girl came to defend the thin girls in the picture or to point out that it is a double standard to NOT want to be criticized for being overweight but sit back and feel it's okay to criticize thin women? I'm not the only one defending this position so what's your beef with me?
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options
    I completely agree. Keira Knightley was GORGEOUS in the first Pirates of the Caribbean. She was a new star and had not given into the pressures of Hollywood yet. She was simply beautiful.

By the third movie she had lost so much weight. It really detracted from her looks. So sad. Can't these girls see how unhealthy they look? I know I am no one to judge. I'm a little too far on the OTHER end of the spectrum (;D) But still, it's a shame.

It's a shame you're on the other end of the spectrum. This is still as rude as someone pointing out your fat (I haven't looked at your pictures so I don't know what you actually look like so I'm just making a point).

I'm naturally thin and actually trying to get ripped like Keira in that picture. Your comments, whether your realize it or not, are just as hurtful as someone calling you fat.

I don't think anyone is setting out to hurt someone who is naturally thin like you are. Your taking comments very personally that are not actually aimed at someone in your position.
    Those people are in the media, so over the years we've all seen them change. Every one of them started healthy thin weights, but then they lost beyond that. I see all these people posting how they were hurt in high school for being naturally small, but that's not what this thread seems to be about.

I don't take it personally. My problem is that it's hypocritical to call these thin girls names and make rude remarks about them but if a thin girl said mean/rude things about women with large frames or weight problems it would be a different story.

I'm simply trying to point that out. It's always been this way. Okay to tease the skinny girl but never okay to tease the chubby kid.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Ladies.....

you're all beautiful :)
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think Elizabeth Taylor was the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet. I'd MUCH rather look like her than one of the 'scrawny ones' that Hollywood is filled with today!

Elizabeth Taylor had a 21 inch waist whixh is smaller than every girl in the top row. I wouldnt want to look like that "porker" Christina Hendricks:huh:

Yep. Liz was reportedly 36C-21-36. The sickly, scrawny Kirsten Dunst is reportedly 36C-24-35.

Oh, wait...

What I was trying to say, is that I think she was gorgeous and I'd love to look like her, I think she had a certain physique that I find particularly beautiful - same with Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield. I didn't mean to 'bash' thin women - my comment wasn't about that, rather it was about my perception of what is beautiful and what is not.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Options

Nobody is tearing her to shred,people are rightfully upset about all the disgusting comments being made about thin people. How is it innocent to post a picture that says one group of people are better than another anyways?

Thank you :)
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would never strive to be a size 0 or skin and bones, but then again, everyone has their own taste and what they like. At the same time, some of these women are just naturally thin. I have a friend and she is just natrually thin, verging on the anorexic look but she has always been that way. She had a baby and 2 weeks after I saw her all she had left was a little pouch. So some women don't strive to be that thin, they just are.

Personally, I just want to be healthy, fit and feel comfortable in my own skin, whether that's a size 0, 3, 5, etc.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    *hope the picture worked*

women.jpg

i understand some people are naturally very slender, but why would girls starve themselves to look like this? I think Elizabeth Taylor looks gorgeous while Kirsten Dunst looks gaunt.
    Thank you for this...i copied and put it on my fb wall!!!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thats so funny--that is my profile pic. :)

A very good question indeed though. I don't think the haven't-eaten-for-days look:sick: is better than a fit woman with curves.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Do a google image search of Keira in Bend it Like Beckham. She was always as thin and athletic as she is now. Here she is at the premiere of the first Pirates movie: http://www.keiraknightley.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3239/limit/views

When she's fully clothed in a period costume, you just can't see the arms and abs and legs.

Actually if you watched the behind the scens for King Arthur, it shows Kiera's workouts and how much she put in to get in awesome shape. If you review that movie you'll see the is really well defined and in amazing shape as she had to be for all of the physical work she had to do in that role.

King Arthur was also shot inbetween the Pirates movies... Just a little fyi to the people saying she looked sickly after the first Pirates movie.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My issue is that people are bashing the women of the top row and praising the women on bottom, when ALL of these women are about the same size. Given the same lighting, clothing and poses, the women on the top row would look like the women on the bottom, with the exception of Keira who is more of an Audrey Hepburn type.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bottom row all the way x
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I dont believe it has ever been more attractive. The clothing industry has tried to make it so that anyone with curves feels unattractive. Personally i believe having curves makes you look more like a woman and not a little kid.

So my body type is like that of a little kid? Don't you think that's a little mean/harsh? What if I said that bottom row of women have the body type of cupcake eaters...would that be okay?

There is too much controversy about how a women should look. There are plenty of Body Types out there. If your meant to be slender, then your beautiful, if your meant to be curvy your beautiful as well. The bottom line is health comes first. Us women have to become confident about our bodies, comfortable with ourselves. There is nothing more beautiful than a Healthy Confident woman! Myself as a mother, it is my job to make sure that my daughter has enough confidence in herself to know that no matter what she looks like, as long as she`s active and healthy, she`s a beautiful girl. There`s enough curvy ''celebrities'' out there today that we don`t need to always focus and blame the media for what young women are doing today. Parents need to step in and openly dicuss these things with their children. Don`t want to offend anybody.... just want to throw my opinion out there.

We as a society continuously blame the media for everything. But we`re just as bad enabling them to do so. If you don`t like the way models look like, then don`t watch fashion television, don`t buy magazines. If you don`t like the way actors or actresses look like then don`t support their movies. If you don`t like the way a certain singer looks like then don`t buy their music. We have to see past ''looks'' and concentrate more on personality and Health. It`s not the medias fault, it`s ours for enabling them.
  • I honestly have to say, shaming other bodies, whether for being "too fat" or "too thin" is just WRONG.
    Can any of you say for certain that any of the women from Hollywood today dont have eating disorders? Would you still shame them if you found out they did? Do you have any idea how damaging the comments you are making can be to someone who has had an ED?
    I do. I had one. I never got "too thin" but I was friends with people with EDs, and you cant imagine how triggering it is when they hear people say they are "gross" "disgusting" or even "too thin".
    I know you all are trying to boost your own confidence in your own bodies.
    But that should NEVER come at the expense of someone else's feelings.
  • My issue is that people are bashing the women of the top row and praising the women on bottom, when ALL of these women are about the same size. Given the same lighting, clothing and poses, the women on the top row would look like the women on the bottom, with the exception of Keira who is more of an Audrey Hepburn type.

Thank you.
    Why is Norma Jean ALWAYS brought up but no one ever brings up Audrey Hepburn, or even Katherine Hepburn when they talk about Old Hollywood beauty? Both of those women fit in with the top row, and both were GORGEOUS. But they dont fit the agenda of body bashers. So they are thrown to the side.

ALL BODIES ARE GOOD BEAUTIFUL BODIES