Make up before the gym?

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I am about to go the gym for spin, in a dark spin studio, and was putting on make up and thinking about how absurd it was. Not full make up but foundation/powder and blush...I look better but I sweat a ton so it's kind of ridiculous. But I also think there's a lot of cute guys at the gym and I don't want to walk in looking like I just woke up....

Who does this? Admit it if you dare, or feel free to poke fun, I know it's ridiculous :laugh:

Replies

• rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say no make up….you are going to sweat and you don’t want all that on your face to clog the pours. And you are going to have to wipe your face and a then that will get on the towel.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    I don't usually wear makeup to the gym (unless I had it on for work/school earlier and just didn't take it off) but occasionally if i have a huge zit I'll put some concealer on:laugh:
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    I used to when I was younger and I used to put earrings in but then I treated the gym as somewhere to go pull! Now I just hope to get through the session without keeling over I couldn't care what I look like!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I'd say no make up ... but then again, I don't go to a gym to work out, so anyways... :)
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I <3 makeup. But not at the gym. The gym is for hard work and sweating like a pig, not to look pretty.
  • krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm less self conscious about it, but I still need to be wearing a little...It seems lame but I can't go anywhere without at least a little mascara! lol So I'm right there with ya!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yeah, some days I'll put on makeup for the gym. If I do, I always use a mattifying base first so it won't go anywhere, even if I sweat a lot... And black eyeliner is something I've learned to avoid if I plan on working out.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    guilty! I do it too...i dont wear foundation but i do put on a little bit of eye liner and mascara. lol It makes me feel better so who cares. :bigsmile:
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's about feeling good about YOURSELF! I wouldn't recommend a full face of makeup, but if a little mascara makes you feel better and will help you power through your workout, then go for it!!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Lol I'm afraid I'm like most of the posters here - no make-up for me. Even my outfit isn't especially flattering but functional!
  • jooge75
    jooge75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lip gloss always! I'm obsessed. :-)
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I go most days without make up as it is. I generally go to the gym after I wake up in the morning anyway so I don't waste time putting it on, only to workout then shower it off again.
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to always go in makeup because I hated how I looked and it made me feel comfortable. I am now at peace with myself and will go sans the makeup, but if I'm having a bad skin day, I will put on a light tinted moisturizer. :)
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ooh no! I wash all my makeup off before going to the gym. I SWEAT, not perspire, or glisten... SWEAT! LOL My makeup actually makes my face hotter and makes me sweat more, so it ends up coming off anyway!
  • jenwalker73
    jenwalker73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dont usually put it on when I go to the gym early in the am, but I do feel self conscious without it I admit.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym straight from work and I don't remove what makeup is left on my face. By the end of the day most of it has already come off and I don't have problems with my skin. I do put on lip gloss before I go because really who gives a *%^ , right? If I want to look good while I lift heavy things why not, it's my prerogative. It's for me and no one else.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I say no make up. I don't wear any when I workout... Gym or outside. My skin is so great between working out and so much water... Don't want to risk clogging pores and breaking out just have make up on while sweating.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A little bit of concealer, maybe, but a full face of makeup is a no, at least for me. Even if you're looking to meet people, a full face of makeup at the gym kind of shouts "high maintenance." :laugh:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The ONLY time I go without makeup is to the gym. This freckled face Irish girl needs it, but I'm not there to be cute... I'm there to make my daily goal... and at 4:30 in the morning no one is looking at my anyway =)
  • fatnomo100
    Options
    "If you still look cute at the end of your workout...you haven't trained hard enough!"

LOL... I wear eyeliner....and always look like a raccoon when I'm done :laugh: