Fit For Future Families - October 2011

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    AFM: Feeling a little blue today. I have lots to do that is going to keep me distracted, but still. Feeling a little blue. DH's best friend and his soon to be fiancee (I know he bought the ring about a month ago, but hasn't officially asked) called us over yesterday to tell us something.....we figured it was either going to be that he asked or they were preggers. It was the second......They knew we'd be a little bummed, but also that he would need someone to freak out with this over - it's very very soon and they're not telling anyone else for a few months......I'm really happy for them, but I also know they weren't "trying" for more than this cycle. So I`m going to let myself have a small pity party for a few hours and then move on.....

Anyone on the boards get hit by that snow stormÉ I know that it didn`t quite hit here, but we definitely have had our killing frost, which means I need to pull all my annuals and tomato plants today sometime....

I hope you find something that warms your day!!

AFM - Not much happening, opk is already fading so if I O'd then I'm officially in the 2ww, if I didn't O then I won't know for a little while anyway probably, lol. I think I defy everything when it comes to getting pregnant! I've been pregnant and still got AF and now I've possibly O'd during AF, which some ladies have seriously tried to argue that it's completely impossible, like no way it could happen. Oh well, guess I will hopefully know in 2 weeks! lol! I love people who think they know everything, it gives me something to laugh at when I find out they are wrong, lol, don't worry I don't rub it in their face, just get a little amused over it. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I'm surprised at how good the weather has been here lately, supposed to be wonderful weather for Trick O Treating here, which is great since it always seems to snow on Halloween. Really excited to take DD out!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

Smores - I was thinking about it on the weekend. Have you told your doctor that you've O'd during AF before? I'm not an expert by any means, but I would think that the conflicting hormones of O & AF at the same time and the resulting second AF could be a contributing factor to the multiple miscarriages. They may need to hormonally stabilize you so you can keep the progesterone levels rising, which will help maintain the pregnancy. Estrogen and progesterone exist in a very delicate balance and when it's thrown off like yours seems to be, various health complications can ensue. This definitely sounds like a source of discussion for you and your medical team :)

Emily - thanks hon!!!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Stephanie: I enjoyed reading your post about lunch with your friend/rival. My friend that I grew up with is kinda like that. I love her to death and she's like a little sister to me but it used to really be a competitive relationship. Now, we see eachother when we can and what we both want from life are two totally different things so there's no more competition. It's also great that you shared with her about TTC and it sounds like you got a little peace from it. I really hope it works out for you.

AFM: I will probably be flooding the forum today becuase I'm trying to really get caught up on everyone and comment when I can. My weekend was FANTASTIC. On Friday hubby came home from work a little early, he started a bubble bath for me (complete with candles) and we sat and snuggled in the tub (it's not really big enough for the two of us, but we made it work...it only took about 3 inches of water to "fill" it by the time our weight displaced it haha) then he gave me a full body massage, the next day we had an "all day date day" and went to see 3 Muskateers which was a super fun movie followed by a halloween party, then sunday we stocked up our cubboards (we kinda broke the "no spending" rule cause we were DYING to have full cuppboards and I'm so glad we did it!) and the very best part we got a nice king sized bed. We got it at a yard sale for 175 bucks and it's perfect. I wouldn't normally purchase a bed from a yard sale but it was in their "beach house" and also in the guest bedroom so it hardly got used and she said it always had a bed spread on it. It was a total answer to prayer because we didn't want to spend 1000+ bucks on a new bed but definitely needed a bigger bed before I got back surgery otherwise hubby would have to sleep on the couch.

I'm dying for my consult next tuesday! I really want to get this surgery out of the way. This weekend we threw preventing pregnancy out the window. It SHOULD be too late in my cycle for me to get pregnant but who knows because my cycle has been so wacky. We are both really hating needing to prevent when we really want a kid but we also know that this will help me get in better working order to take care of a child. Also, I think I may have BV again...or still? Has anyone had it? did they have any problems getting rid of it? I'm so sick of going to the doctor that I really don't want to go again because I feel like I live there but at the same time, I want to make sure that I am in good health. sigh* I wonder if there's anything I can buy OTC for it. Well I gotta split for now, talk to ya all later
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AFM: Feeling a little blue today. I have lots to do that is going to keep me distracted, but still. Feeling a little blue. DH's best friend and his soon to be fiancee (I know he bought the ring about a month ago, but hasn't officially asked) called us over yesterday to tell us something.....we figured it was either going to be that he asked or they were preggers. It was the second......They knew we'd be a little bummed, but also that he would need someone to freak out with this over - it's very very soon and they're not telling anyone else for a few months......I'm really happy for them, but I also know they weren't "trying" for more than this cycle. So I`m going to let myself have a small pity party for a few hours and then move on.....

Anyone on the boards get hit by that snow stormÉ I know that it didn`t quite hit here, but we definitely have had our killing frost, which means I need to pull all my annuals and tomato plants today sometime....

I hope you find something that warms your day!!

AFM - Not much happening, opk is already fading so if I O'd then I'm officially in the 2ww, if I didn't O then I won't know for a little while anyway probably, lol. I think I defy everything when it comes to getting pregnant! I've been pregnant and still got AF and now I've possibly O'd during AF, which some ladies have seriously tried to argue that it's completely impossible, like no way it could happen. Oh well, guess I will hopefully know in 2 weeks! lol! I love people who think they know everything, it gives me something to laugh at when I find out they are wrong, lol, don't worry I don't rub it in their face, just get a little amused over it. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I'm surprised at how good the weather has been here lately, supposed to be wonderful weather for Trick O Treating here, which is great since it always seems to snow on Halloween. Really excited to take DD out!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

Smores - I was thinking about it on the weekend. Have you told your doctor that you've O'd during AF before? I'm not an expert by any means, but I would think that the conflicting hormones of O & AF at the same time and the resulting second AF could be a contributing factor to the multiple miscarriages. They may need to hormonally stabilize you so you can keep the progesterone levels rising, which will help maintain the pregnancy. Estrogen and progesterone exist in a very delicate balance and when it's thrown off like yours seems to be, various health complications can ensue. This definitely sounds like a source of discussion for you and your medical team :)

Emily - thanks hon!!!!

I haven't O'd during AF before. I actually usually have perfect 28 day cycles with a perfect 14 day LP. This was probably just a combination of a CP and getting off b/c that I had only been on for a few weeks. What I was talking about was I was pregnant but still had AF, threw me off, I had no clue I was pregnant until I started bleeding on CD8 and took a test just to be sure. I've tried taking progesterone once I get pregnant, it didn't do me any good, apparently I have phenomenal progesterone levels anyway so it's more just because it doesn't hurt to take the progesterone.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Miss Fuchsia - welcome. If you scroll to the beginning of this thread, youèll find a quick questionnaire, itèll help us get to know you better :) Not everyone here is a actively TTC and even some that are are in the same position as you :)

I'm 27
    I'm married. Have been with SO for 4 years
    Joined mfp in jan but only just started using the boards
    Been ttc for 2 months but could take a while as was on depo before
    No kids yet
    I'm 5'8
    Trying to get down to 140lbs. 7 to go!
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Emily, I know most doctors will say that its unnecessary, but has your hubby been treated for the BV as well? If he hasn't, I'd recommend it, as he could be passing it back and forth to you (and you to him). I'd maybe on the safe side just go back for a vaginal swab to make sure it actually is BV and not something else. (Although I assume you've already done that once since you had meds from the doctor.)

I had BV about 6 years ago and had a hard time getting rid of it. I ended up self treating with a combo of the 2 following things. I found the 2nd option to be less messy and it helped me a bit better.

1) plain yogurt made into tampon popsicles (fill an empty tampon applicator with plain sugar free yogurt and freeze, then insert them in your girly area)
    2) I bought live culture accidophillius capsules from the health food store (you find it in the refrigerated coolers and must store it in the fridge at home) and would insert the capsule into my girly area as well.

It took a while but it eventually got the BV to go away. The BV is caused by an imbalance of the good flora in your vagina. My premise behind using these methods was because both things help replenish the good flora.

Good luck whatever you end up doing!

WARNING: I'M NOT A DOCTOR/HOLISTIC HEALER BUT I DID A LOT OF RESEARCH AND THIS WORKED FOR ME... MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE BUT I AM JUST SHARING MY OPINION/KNOWLEDGE.

AFM: weigh in today. ate like shyte the whole week. Gained 3.7lbs. Oops. oh well today I am buckling back down, and as a start off, I am making today a Meatless Monday. Wish me luck!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Love, hugs, n Baby Dust!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    hello ladies

AFM- tom is 8 days late. when its good to do home test? is it necessary to do with first urine in the morning
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read your post because I am having a similar experience with my brother in law. he just found out his "girlfriend" is pregnant....with twins. Not only that, but it's one of those situations where he's gonna ask for a paternity test. I definitely do not envy the position he is in, but I am jealous of having a baby and twins at that....assuming they are his. Oh the drama that is my life! lol

i'm kinda jealous of the drama as well. not the not-knowing-who-the-daddy-is part, but the twins part. i had two announcements on facebook today for pregnancies. one i am so happy for and one i am ...not. i feel bad that i am not happy for her but i really am not.

i hopefully o tomorrow. *fingers crossed* i went to acupuncture today and he did lower back work. now 'down below' feels crampy and heavy, so i hope that means it's going to help. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    My weekend was FANTASTIC. On Friday hubby came home from work a little early, he started a bubble bath for me (complete with candles) and we sat and snuggled in the tub (it's not really big enough for the two of us, but we made it work...it only took about 3 inches of water to "fill" it by the time our weight displaced it haha) then he gave me a full body massage, the next day we had an "all day date day" and went to see 3 Muskateers which was a super fun movie followed by a halloween party, then sunday we stocked up our cubboards (we kinda broke the "no spending" rule cause we were DYING to have full cuppboards and I'm so glad we did it!) and the very best part we got a nice king sized bed. We got it at a yard sale for 175 bucks and it's perfect. I wouldn't normally purchase a bed from a yard sale but it was in their "beach house" and also in the guest bedroom so it hardly got used and she said it always had a bed spread on it. It was a total answer to prayer because we didn't want to spend 1000+ bucks on a new bed but definitely needed a bigger bed before I got back surgery otherwise hubby would have to sleep on the couch.

your weekend sounds wonderful! good find on the king bed. :) i'm praying for your surgery and recovery emily.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    hello ladies

AFM- tom is 8 days late. when its good to do home test? is it necessary to do with first urine in the morning

if you are 8 days late, you can take a pregnancy test at anytime and it should be accurate. first morning urine isn't a necessity, but the hcg concentration is higher. good luck!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Pam- Hope your weekend cheered up. It seems like a lot of us are going through the same type of thing lately. Its tough. But our time will come :smile: *hugs*

Emily- Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I'm jealous! :laugh: I'm all about yard sales by the way, and the bed that my husband and I have slept on for the past 4 years is one we were given. Idk what BV means, but good luck with that. Hope someone here can help you out!

Smores- I wish I could offer some advice but I really have no idea what to tell you. I'm sorry that things are so wacky. Hang in there!

Dexter- I think you're probably in the clear for a hpt. I took one with my DD when I was 7 days late and it was a very light positive, but a couple days later became clearer. *fingers crossed for a bfp!*

AFM- I totally feel like a book worm, but I finished TCOYF in 3 days. I found it so interesting I couldn't put it down! Even though I'm fairly certain AF should be here friday I decided to start taking my temps this morning just to help me get in the groove. But after I took it I decided maybe I should have waited, because I'm on CD 28 and my temp was 96.9F. Hmm guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm so excited to take DD around in her costume tonight! Hope everyone has a safe and happy halloween!!!
  • MaterMama
    Options
    Hi I am new to this thread. :D Here's my info.

Where you live: Wyoming
    Job: SAHM & homeschooler
    Length of time on the board: about 2 weeks
    Marital Status: married
    Length of time you've been with SO: married 12 & together 14
    Do you have kids: 3 (7,5,2)
    Length of time TTC: see below
    Diagnosis: umm not pregnant
    Do you chart your BBT: no
    Do you use OPKs: no
    Are you on any meds for TTC: no
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 160
    Goal Weight: 120 (but need to get to at least 145 to not be considered overweight)
    Strange fact about yourself: not really sure

OK about the TTC question. Currently we are not TTC because DH had to leave for 6 weeks to take a class for work. Before that we were TTC actively since about May, but we have not prevented a pregnancy in any way since I was pregnant with our 7 year old.

I believe my being overweight has caused infertility in myself. I think my body already thought it was pregnant because my high weight is where I was with all 3 kids at delivery plus the weight seems to sit in my tummy area and makes me look very pregnant. My cycles were also really wonky. Now that I have lost weight they are back to normal. :D

Nice to meet you all.
    but
    Another person from WYOMING!!! I never thought I would see this!!! YAY, go Wyoming! (p.s. - if you didn't notice I'm from Wyoming too, lol)

Kah78 - HOW EXCITING!!!! CONGRATSSS!!!!\

AFM: Some possibly wonderful news ladies. Just a refresher I'm on my first, and only, cycle of Nuva Ring, we were planning on TTC right away again since the doc didn't find a reason I'm miscarrying. Well I started feeling very real symptoms, sickness, lack of appetite, etc. , I chalked them up to a flu shot I got almost a week ago and cramping which I chalked up to AF, which would be due soon if I wasn't on the Nuva Ring so it's possible she could show now, only I don't get cramps until after AF shows and not a single sign of her all day...
    Well, then I started feeling like I have a UTI, only lacking some of the other symptoms I usually get with one, which is a symptom I've had with 3 out of my last 4 pregnancies. So I decided to test and it's a maybe line. I can't tell if it has pink in it but it looks different than the normal evaps I get with those. It's a crappy IC so DH is going to bring me a new test tonight, hopefully a FRER. I will probably have an update before anyone else reads this, lol, but I'm so excited I just had to share!! DH will be back in 2.5 hours, I will update immediately!

It's so exciting to go from waiting 3 cycles to waiting 1 cycle to possibly having an oops and not having to wait at all!! If I am pregnant this would be my 3rd pregnancy and 2nd oops in a row, I haven't had an actual AF since the beginning of August! Hopefully this is it for me!

LOL Congratulations on the baby news.

Yes, I am in Wyoming. In Cheyenne. Honestly I don't like it here and can't wait to move again.
    Where you live: Strongsville, Ohio grew up in Ellicott City,Maryland
    Job: Account Executive
    Length of time on the board: Just joined
    Marital Status: Married
    Length of time you've been with SO: 4 years together married on 6/11/11
    Do you have kids: No
    Length of time TTC: Just starting now.
    Diagnosis: None
    Do you chart your BBT: No
    Do you use OPKs: No
    Are you on any meds for TTC: No
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 122
    Goal Weight: 115
    Strange fact about yourself: I was born on Valentine's Day and have a small mole in the shape of a heart :)
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join this group please?

I have been ttc for 6 months now. While I know it isn't that long I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with the disappointment each month. I could really do with some ttc friends who understand when I really need to talk.
    I would like to lose about half a stone to get down to my pre-wedding weight but mainly to give me something else to focus on other than ttc. Here's my info:

Where you live: England
    Marital Status: married
    Length of time you've been with SO: if 'SO' means partner then 8 years!
    Do you have kids: no :(
    Length of time TTC: 6 months
    Do you chart your BBT: no
    Do you use OPKs: yes cbfm
    Are you on any meds for TTC: no
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 138.4 lbs
    Goal Weight: 133 lbs