Jobs. What do you do?

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've read a couple of articles and seen pictures, people replace their desk chairs with bicycles, exercise balls, or treadmills.

There are those pedals older people can use or from rehab centers, it's tempting to toss one under my desk
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school English teacher and a mom of two! So I'm super busy every day of the week!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    i'm a school psychologist ... about half my day is taking phone calls and writing reports, the other part is with kids...sometimes observing, sometimes counseling, and sometimes struggling with them to keep them safe from their own behaviors :noway:

seriously though....i LOVE my job!
  • amandakay0819
    Options
    I'm a meteorologist, but not the TV kind. Right now my job has extremely strict deadlines so I'm beginning to readlize how much I actually sit.
  • RadBarb
    RadBarb Posts: 19
    Options
    X-ray technologist, I do general x-ray and mammography. I actually move a lot with my job. I used to wear a pedometer daily and usually got my 10,000 steps in each and every day!
  • suzyqs4
    suzyqs4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Desk job until Sept 28 when I retire and move to Florida. I then plan to do volunteer work with a therapeutic horse back riding facility.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Attorney for a federal agency.
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I am a school psychologist in a high school - so desk job here from 7-3pm (or longer on any given day). While I do love my job - I've noticed that when I had a job that was more mobile - weight came off A LOT easier....
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i work as a dietary aide at a local hospital. mainly managing patient diet orders, menus, nourishments, etc and assisting dietitians. only PT, but i pretty much sit all day. before i worked for victoria's secret stores and was running around ALL the time - i gained some weight once i stopped (ironically .. to my dietary job!)

but, i'm applying to grad school and if i don't get in .. i'm going to need another job :)
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    desk job - billing.
  • mystyckmoon
    Options
    Mon-Fri I work a desk job and on the weekends I cashier at a grocery store.
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Desk job here, too....however whenever I go to the restroom at my office I make a point to go outside and walk around the building and back to my desk. Since I'm drinking ALOT of water I am walking more and it's showing up my stats. My co-workers think I'm on the crazy track but hey...whatever it takes, eh?:tongue:
  • jlo45
    jlo45 Posts: 2
    Options
    desk job..Boring but thank God i have a job.
  • Yvonna59
    Options
    Work at home in web development. I tried a more physically active job but actually gained weight. I can manage my schedule working at home and can walk or work out anytime.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Desk job here, and two little ones at home, so that doesn't leave me much time for me. Weight has been a struggle for me since I became a mom.

Same situation here.
  • musicaljessica
    Options
    I am a student. And I work part time at McDonalds
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Internship at a nonprofit, desk job, copy girl, writer, marketing department
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Help desk...on my tush for 8 hours at work..and 2 hour drive time everyday....get bored and eat junk food.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a baker for a very popular gluten-free bakery in town. I make all the cookies, and also bread for wholesale orders on the weekend. I have the "joy" of working opposite shifts for the usual bakers. Start at 2 PM - 10:30PM 3 days a week, and then 8-5 on the weekends. I'm on my feet non-stop (no time for breaks), and do a lot of heavy lifting. Figured the weight would just melt off when I started while watching my calories, but no such luck yet :P
  • MsEbony619
    Options
    I work a 6am-3pm job in the Life Insurance industry. STRESSFUL! lol. I'm also trying to lauch my own business for accessories that I make https://www.facebook.com/AccessorizedByERae.