Unique snack ideas

Options

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado chopped into cubes, diced fresh tomato, diced cucumber (without the peel) and finely sliced spring onions with little cubes of feta cheese is my idea of heaven! I end up eating this mini salad sooo often and it's great with cracked black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Yum!
  • JNelson014
    Options
    Raw Almonds
  • JNelson014
    Options
    Does anyone have a hummas recipe you can make and control the sodium ?
  • nikdawg44
    Options
    chocolate graham cracker broke in half, put fat free cool whip between it, and freeze it....you have an ice cream sandwich!!
  • nikdawg44
    Options
    I also like light bread with a two slices of 2% kraft and you can have a cheese sandwich for 160 calories, add a little spray butter and make grilled cheese
  • jennaddy
    jennaddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Roasted and spiced chickpeas (garbanzo beans)! Drain a tin of chickpeas and pat dry, roast as they are until crunchy. While they are in the oven, mix some of your favourite spices (chili, cumin, corriander, etc.) with a bit of olive oil, then tip the hot beans in a give them a good coating before making them vanish!

This sounds amazing, I definitely want to try this asap, thanks!
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack (and sometimes dinner) is to take jalapenos and remove top and slice in half longways. Clean out and fill with laughing cow spreadable cheese (blue cheese is my fave!) and then wrap with 1/3 to 1/2 slice of turkey bacon. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning ( I use this mexican seasoning, but garlic, cajun spice or whatever you like will work). Bake in the oven until bacon is crisp. YUM YUM YUM!! i could eat them all day long.
  • moiramab
    moiramab Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump! So many great ideas :D
  • olsoke
    olsoke Posts: 1
    Options
    Cottage cheese with lots of pepper. Use this as a "dip" with bite size Tostitos. Salty and sweet!
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    bump
  • kevslilbabe
    kevslilbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese with natural applesauce. YUMMY! This is from my childhood and my kids just love it too.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    bump
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    my housemates think it's really weird,but I LOVE a banana cut in half longways and then half short-ways filled with peanut butter: like a pb sandwich but with banana instead of bread!

I do this all the time! It's delicious! It's also really good with coconut butter :heart:
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Pickles wrapped in a slice of cheese...yum!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A medium banana in the blender, blend it with 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (for baking) pour mixture into dish and freeze. Chocolate banana frozen treat. for when i really want ice cream. 110 calories. Sometimes ill add some cool whip free which makes it a 150 calorie dessert. mmmm. i just ate some!

I like to do something similar - blend 1 frozen banana with a tiny bit of water until it's like ice cream and top with 1 tsp - 1 tbl warm peanut butter or nutella.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Roasting squash seeds. I am making spaghetti squash tonight for dinner, and these seeds like pumpkin seeds. So I am gonna roast them ^_^
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with sf pudding mix

cottage cheese with flavoured can tuna (I call this the protein bomb :tongue:)