What is a Food your afraid of??

Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Donuts. I LOVE them....so I avoid them at all costs.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    My husband just had steamed wasp's larvae in Laos, so that is my new afraid food.

He said it tasted mothy and not like chicken AT ALL.
  • I am most afraid of bagels with cream cheese. I love them and I know they are just empty calories. Once I hit my goal loss of 40 pounds. I may splurge and have 1 ! That is all... but I think that will be my treat... if I even crave it at that point!
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Pizza is like a bad relationship.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Custard its all gloopy and gross yuck. Oh and those little salted pretsel things as i used to have nightmares of being force fed them.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??

You can steam them, saute them with garlic, roast them in olive oil, or boil.

Afraid food: Breads - I love bread a lot but have actually cut waaaay down since living out on my own since it goes bad before I can finish it. Also: sweets (butterfingers, fast breaks, candy hearts)
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Dominos Texas BBQ Pizza!

I'm new to pizza, I've never liked the stuff.... until that day my friend said 'go on, have a try you might like this one' and BAM!!!

Obsessed with it!

Stupid peer pressure! lol

A flyer just came in the post with OFFERS and dominos TEXT me also with offers... tooo tempting....

xx
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    The last post i was afraid of because i love it so, and its bad for me.

CHICKEN WINGS on the other hand, they freak me out, boney little wierd bits if the chicken! EWWWW!

x
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Chicken feet
  • roksfarm
    roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
    Dominos Texas BBQ Pizza!

I'm new to pizza, I've never liked the stuff.... until that day my friend said 'go on, have a try you might like this one' and BAM!!!

Obsessed with it!

Stupid peer pressure! lol

A flyer just came in the post with OFFERS and dominos TEXT me also with offers... tooo tempting....

xx

I hear ya with the "go on and try it" I curse the day I tried cheese cake and reliezed I loved cream cheese as long as it had sugar in it!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 995 Member
    Pizza! I have a heart breaking relationship with it. So glad my favorite pizza place just closed down ;-)
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Chicken feet

I love them but only when they're really warm!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Sushi. I actually wanted to try it.... but then I saw a show called 'Monsters Inside Me' about someone who nearly died because of some parasitic worm she got from eating it.
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    I don't know how many times I have bought spaghetti squash.......and it went bad. I don't know why but I just can't seem to try it! Another food is Avocados....I'm afraid to try them. My danger food however is cake, buttercream icing and dill pickle dip made by Philadelphia....yummy!!!!
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Mushrooms creep me out! I work as a waitress and the chefs at work constantly wind me up,I could never eat anything that has them in it and even looking at them makes me feel a little ill! Also tinned baked beans,the look and smell turns my stomach but I love kidney beans,canellini beans etc
  • taffiepie
    taffiepie Posts: 7 Member
    If you are serious about trying it and want to eliminate your excuse you can google just about anything...including how to cook asparagus. ;)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I love asparagus, you just have to boil them. Also, put some balsamic vinegar for added flavour on the side of your plate. Mmm mmm good.
  • taffiepie
    taffiepie Posts: 7 Member
    Bah...still learning how to use this forum...lol
    Anyway...Mine is Cake and Cookies. I LOVE to bake! But I also tend to over bake for occasions because I don't want to not have enough. Then very few people want to take some home so we end up with tons of extras. :(
    The Christmas though, I did the old fashioned neighborly thing and took plates of cookies to my neighbors with a card. That helped a bit, I think. lol
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 56 Member
    Pizza is like a bad relationship.

HA! Brilliant. You're so right.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Off topic, but, asparagus.

Get really fresh stems. Toss in sesame oil and soy sauce and either pan fry or grill. Eat your heart out, wagamamas.

A little chili if you like.